Chuubo's Thread 5: "Glass-Maker's Dragon PDF Now on Sale!"

Re: Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine Thread 5: "You have a home in Fortitude"

Man it would suck for almost everyone if Jasper was an Mimic. I mean I don't think it works in a normal GMD game for her to actually be one. . But might be a nice bit of angst.

Zuki

Validated User
Re: Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine Thread 5: "You have a home in Fortitude"

You could introduce something thematically similar to it in one of her Arcs, I'd bet--angst about being her father's daughter and all. You could given put her on the Wounded Angel Arc if you wanted to express a significant mechanical difference!

Jenna Moran

Validated User

Man it would suck for almost everyone if Jasper was an Mimic. I mean I don't think it works in a normal GMD game for her to actually be one. . But might be a nice bit of angst.
Oh GOD yes that would suck.

I think some of the implications would include "at some point, the Outside is going to revert to the Lands Beyond Creation, taking most of what used to be Creation with it," "Seizhi Schwan doesn't exist," "Hope is a lie or an expression of naivete," and quite possibly "everyone still remaining in existence does exist, but is dead."

Hm.

I'd guess that the most playable path from there is that it's actually just Town where everyone is secretly dead, eventually it evolves into Halloweentown, and there's other places like Christmastown and "the real world" (actually International Worker's Day Town) still out there scattered in the void.

Best wishes,

Jenna

Susanoo Orbatos

Social Justice Huckster
Validated User

Oh GOD yes that would suck.

I think some of the implications would include "at some point, the Outside is going to revert to the Lands Beyond Creation, taking most of what used to be Creation with it," "Seizhi Schwan doesn't exist," "Hope is a lie or an expression of naivete," and quite possibly "everyone still remaining in existence does exist, but is dead."

Hm.

I'd guess that the most playable path from there is that it's actually just Town where everyone is secretly dead, eventually it evolves into Halloweentown, and there's other places like Christmastown and "the real world" (actually International Worker's Day Town) still out there scattered in the void.

Best wishes,

Jenna
I'm pretty sure the real world is christmas town, we are focused on it 6 months out of the year or more.

Parabola

Validated User

I'm pretty sure the real world is christmas town, we are focused on it 6 months out of the year or more.
Clearly it's an Excrucian plot! Or possibly the Noble of Christmas has something against other holidays. At this pace, Christmas will eat up Thanksgiving and Halloween.

Skycroft

Space Wizard
RPGnet Member
Validated User

At this pace, Christmas will eat up Thanksgiving and Halloween.
This is why the War on Christmas is so tragically necessary.

You hear me, Kris Kringle? We will fight! We will fight to the last man!

flymolo

Validated User

Clearly it's an Excrucian plot! Or possibly the Noble of Christmas has something against other holidays. At this pace, Christmas will eat up Thanksgiving and Halloween.
And Christmas in July is clearly a pincer maneuver to smother them more quickly! That part is definitely an Excrucian plot, and the Noble of Christmas is ignoring it for his own ends.

Cannonball

So bouncy!
Validated User

I'm just imagining this group of old nobles in Town who used to preside over various Holidays before coming to Town, but that aren't very big anymore because Town does its own thing. Just chatting about the good old days, and such.

Jenna Moran

Validated User

I'm just imagining this group of old nobles in Town who used to preside over various Holidays before coming to Town, but that aren't very big anymore because Town does its own thing. Just chatting about the good old days, and such.
HALLOWEEN: "And then, and then, they all gathered around the fire and watched Kiki's Delivery Service. Kiki's Delivery Service! 'Let's all watch a scary movie,' they said. 'A scary movie,' they said. 'About witches,' they said."
ARBOR DAY: "I hear ya, man."
HALLOWEEN: "Later: ESCAPE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN."
ARBOR DAY: *hugs*
CHRISTMAS, chewing: "Anyone want some of this KFC?"

Last edited:
Top Bottom