• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Chuubo's Thread 5: "Glass-Maker's Dragon PDF Now on Sale!"

Gamerngeek

Validated User
Okay, you are way, way more impassioned on this than you need to be. Some basics:

1) I am not an original Kickstarter backer. I got into Chuubo's because of reading people's threads here, and seeing it on DriveThruRPG, and deciding it sounded awesome. That led to...
2) Me buying the PDFs and going "Boy, this sure is awesome". However, I don't have a decent tablet, which means I can't really run at my table on PDFs. I need old-school physical books. That led to Chuubo's languishing for the longest time, for me, because I couldn't run it. Until...
3) Holy crap, I can now order PoD of these books. That's spectacular. Let's do that! *insert order for books* Hmm. This Glass-Maker's Dragon thing sounds awesome. Lemme get that too...oh, wait. PDF only. Screw it, imma buy the PDF anyway, cuz these books have been awesome. *read PDF* Wow, this IS awesome! Can't wait to run it...
4) *One year passes*
5) Huh. Still no PoD of this. Well, I learned about this on RPG.Net. Lemme go check that out. "Hey, any news about a PoD on this?"
6) Insert Jenna: I need a week when not sick or injured to proof the book.
7) *Three weeks pass*
8) Dang, I really wanna run this for my players. Guess I'll check to see if something was wrong with the proof and if there's a new timeframe.
9) Get pounced on like I'm a mouse by FrivYeti assuming I'm Satan incarnate.

In short, we're on the same side. I love the game. I think it's awesome. I want to throw money at the screen for Jenna to get the book, but it has thus far been bouncing off. I'm not a member of her Patreon (I'm not a member of ANY Patreon) and I'm not a member of the Kickstarter, so my only "updates" on things are when things get updated on DriveThru, or when posts happen here.

All I did was ask if there was any news. I wasn't rude, I didn't attack anyone, I literally just wanted an update. Attacking someone who's a fan of the game when all they're trying to do is get information so they can buy and help support the game isn't really productive. :(

Rook S.

scritches make me floof!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
All I did was ask if there was any news. I wasn't rude, I didn't attack anyone, I literally just wanted an update.
Other people, here and elsewhere, have been dickish about delays, to the point that we Dedicated Friends are getting really defensive of the Good Doctor Moran's good name.

Everyone should just chill. Partake of the Peace-Splosion. It's understandable to be eager. It's unfortunately the case that Jenna can't put a date on completion right now.

Aincumis

Shichibukai
Validated User
Lets not snowball into an overprotective flamewar here. We all love Chuubo's. We all want good vibes for Dr. Moran.

Nobody thought you were Satan incarnate, nobody attacked you. Don't over exaggerate. Friv pointed out the answer to your question was not too many posts above yours. When things are released there will be a post here you can read. Until then we should try and not be so testy.

His most offensive thing he said was "seriously, dude?" which preschoolers at my daycare say all the time.

Last edited:

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I, for one, am sorry for my part in the fight. Gamerngeek, I apologize for splashing you with my defensiveness. I accept that you did not mean the things that I read into your post, and I hope that you will stay and become part of the gang rather than being scared off.

By way of apology, I offer to create a character concept for you! Name any concept, and I'll put together a 3-Arc Miraculous character for it.

*edit* (Satan Incarnate would be an acceptable concept. ;) )

Last edited:

Jenna Moran

Validated User
In re: the GMD proof:

I'm 501 pages in. I am spotting a lot of things that I will change if I do a new proof but can't remember if there was anything that actually required one. ("I'd like to revert the editor's choice of list punctuation style here," "hey, maybe these quest bubbles could be spaced differently," and "this sentence has a broken pattern" don't.)

Tuesday and Wednesday are spoken for. I may be able to get through the last pages tomorrow. If not, it'll still be this week.

If it passes, I still have to order the premium color version and wait for it to arrive, just to make sure there's no strangeness. I ... think? I may be waiting for a card set to get here in the mail, too.

If it fails the proof, then I may order the premium and standard color versions together and save at least a step.

Most of the delay was in my moving at the end of last year and then being laid up for the first half of this one; this part of things is the normal process and is proceeding at the normal, agonizingly slow pace.

Best wishes,

Jenna

Jenna Moran

Validated User
I'm not a member of her Patreon (I'm not a member of ANY Patreon) and I'm not a member of the Kickstarter, so my only "updates" on things are when things get updated on DriveThru, or when posts happen here.
N.B. any updates I give on Chuubo's stuff will generally appear on jennamoran.tumblr.com. (There's also a bunch of game content and a very small amount of miscellaneous tumblr reblogging.)

I may occasionally post something here that isn't mirrored there and probably should have been but I haven't had the time to develop patron-only content.

Best wishes,

Jenna

Gamerngeek

Validated User
I, for one, am sorry for my part in the fight. Gamerngeek, I apologize for splashing you with my defensiveness. I accept that you did not mean the things that I read into your post, and I hope that you will stay and become part of the gang rather than being scared off.

By way of apology, I offer to create a character concept for you! Name any concept, and I'll put together a 3-Arc Miraculous character for it.

*edit* (Satan Incarnate would be an acceptable concept. ;) )

Actually, if I might ask, it wouldn't be a character concept, but a bit of system explanation. I'm trying to run GMD, despite not having the physical book. My players are using Leonardo, Jasper, and Natalia. I've printed the playbooks for them, and I've printed the quests. I've also printed out the Arcs, so I can keep track of it as the HG. What I'm having a hard time figuring out (and I admit, Chuubo's is very different from most of what I run) is how the Miraculous Arcs interact with them. I see they already have some of the abilities; how does earned XP from these quests play into any of that?

ETA: Thank you for the apology! It wasn't really needed; like I said, I was really just looking for an update, and I saw Jenna provided that a few posts back, so YAY. Unfortunately, it means I won't have the book in hand by the time the campaign starts, hence the above-mentioned printing, and trying to figure this out sans book.

Last edited:

EmmaExcrucian

Sadie Hayashi
Validated User
Actually, if I might ask, it wouldn't be a character concept, but a bit of system explanation. I'm trying to run GMD, despite not having the physical book. My players are using Leonardo, Jasper, and Natalia. I've printed the playbooks for them, and I've printed the quests. I've also printed out the Arcs, so I can keep track of it as the HG. What I'm having a hard time figuring out (and I admit, Chuubo's is very different from most of what I run) is how the Miraculous Arcs interact with them. I see they already have some of the abilities; how does earned XP from these quests play into any of that?

ETA: Thank you for the apology! It wasn't really needed; like I said, I was really just looking for an update, and I saw Jenna provided that a few posts back, so YAY. Unfortunately, it means I won't have the book in hand by the time the campaign starts, hence the above-mentioned printing, and trying to figure this out sans book.
You gain Miraculous Powers as you increase your relevant Arc Traits.
So say your Arc Traits are Child of Ash 2, Primordial 1 (for the instance of like, Jasper), then you have all the powers marked Child of Ash 0-2 and Primordial 0-1. Then say you increase that Primordial Arc Trait to 2, then you gain the powers marked Primordial.
Miraculous Arcs are primarily about your Arc Trait, with also them being a lot of stuff that really shapes how the stories you're telling go. :)

Top Bottom