• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

Chuubo's Thread 5: "Glass-Maker's Dragon PDF Now on Sale!"

Maxen M

Somewhere off to the side
Validated User
Damn, glitch. Someone is wrong on the ash.

Edit: Also, I've been waiting until my personal emotional orbits aligned with Chuubo's Town again, but on full blown Nobilis strategists? Hannah Arendt. So many connections to her ideas. And in a setting that focuses on self-consciousness within those communities of embitterment? Maybe even the parts of their structure that dissolves in thought? Might have encouraging gnomic statements to make about that!

And hopefully, just cool chuubo's story stuff too.

Last edited:

Jenna Moran

Validated User
How is it that I have never heard of Glitch until today? Where have I been hiding? It sounds so awesome.
I have been pretty quiet about it. Normally, I'd have waited until the project was fully written to start doing promo. I bent the rules a little because the actual mechanical design is completed. The whole thing is honestly pretty close to playtest-ready, TBH, but with the way my life goes I can't promise any time frame.

Best wishes,

Jenna

Jeremy Kopczynski

Validated User
I have been pretty quiet about it. Normally, I'd have waited until the project was fully written to start doing promo. I bent the rules a little because the actual mechanical design is completed. The whole thing is honestly pretty close to playtest-ready, TBH, but with the way my life goes I can't promise any time frame.

Best wishes,

Jenna
Thanks for the reply Jenna. Life is life but I look forward to eventually being able to buy a copy. I do hope the headaches and any other issues get better.

Aysez

Quietly Mad
Validated User

Best wishes,

Jenna
Thanks for the reply Jenna. Life is life but I look forward to eventually being able to buy a copy. I do hope the headaches and any other issues get better.
I'm with Jeremy there. I have a group that is all pathfinder, all the time. But I've gotten them to commit to the Invisible Sun Directed campaign. So that's a start right there. Please let me know if you need playtesters!

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, it (a) sounds very neat, and (b) I really have to double-down on reading everything about Excrucians in Nobilis again!

Felix

RPGnet Member
Validated User
One of the many interesting philosophical dilemmas raised by Chuubo's is that it's set in a world which is, overall, a very pleasant place. Not an idyllic paradise, but there's nowhere in Town which is awful. And even in the heart of the Outside, the Bleak is representing by schools of learning.

This is a setting where the Excrucians, the big bads of Nobilis, have won.

Which is to say I am very much looking forward to a game that makes Strategists feel sympathetic.

Maxen M

Somewhere off to the side
Validated User
I feel like in Chuubo Nobilis fought itself to an accidental draw; yes and no were replaced by maybe.

Or perhaps not so accidental, but we'd have to ask the headmaster about that..

Last edited:

thenorm42

Validated User
Yes, I figured the move from Creation to Town was a tactical move, concentrating their forces, rather than defeat for the Nobles' side. Otherwise you'd expect Town to have far fewer Estates, when it feels like it has at least as many as contemporary Earth.

Felix

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yes, I figured the move from Creation to Town was a tactical move, concentrating their forces, rather than defeat for the Nobles' side. Otherwise you'd expect Town to have far fewer Estates, when it feels like it has at least as many as contemporary Earth.
A scene inspired by a combination of pure silliness and the idea that the Bleak may one day try to really eliminate the last bit of the rebellion against them:

INTERIOR: A war room. CHUUBO and JASPER look at a holographic display of an enormous glass dragon as GHOST PIRATE CAPTAIN SEIZHI gives a briefing.

SEIZHI: The glass dragon is heavily shielded and carries a firepower greater than half the Rats' space fleet. Its defenses are designed around a direct-scale assault. A small --

CHUUBO (interruptiing): I bet Jasper could eat it. I saw her eat four ghost peppers at once the other day.

JASPER: Eww. That glass looks really bland.

CHUUBO: What if I were to wish the glass dragon was covered in a million tons of Pocky?

JASPER: Okay. Then I'll eat it.

(CHUUBO takes out his Marvelous Wish Granting lightsaber. JASPER begins transforming into a giant fireball.)

SEIZHI: Guys! I've already got Leo building this tiny spacecraft for Natalia to pilot and blow it up with a perfectly timed shot. She's on her way there now.

CHUUBO (as lightsaber glows): Er, exploding pocky isn't dangerous, is it?

Top Bottom