Civilization VI - Second Expansion Announced

DareDaemon

The Daemon who Dares
Validated User
I doubt it. The first prophet is usually gone before anyone has great prophet points. But at least you get some production refunded nowadays.
I usually avoid this ragequit, by not trying for stonehenge.
Even, if I don't get a religion at all, there are enough ways to spend your faith without it. (Units, great people, late game tourism units)
There are in fact plenty civs that get bonuses to the use of faith that get awkward to use if you're also trying to spread your religion. Take Mali, for example, being able to buy market district buildings with faith will take up a good chunk of your faith.

Rabbit Éclair

high in vital bunnytonium
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Played two games with the expansion now, and I have yet to actually see global warming matter. In both games, by the time that there were enough civs pumping carbon into the atmosphere to start threatening the ice caps, it was late enough that I was already well on my way to a victory. They were both remarkably peaceful games, too--in the latter one, I was looking for excuses to warmonger, but the entire planet was BFFs.

On a related note: Is there a way to highlight strategic resources? Unlocking the tech and then painstakingly scanning my empire by eye to find the stuff is a pain.
Going into the top-down tile view helps, since there's a lot less visual clutter there.

suedenim

Validated User
Can someone explain the mechanics and tactics of voting on the proposals that have "A" and "B" variants?

It's really like 20 possible proposals to vote on, since each has to target a civ, or resource, or whatever. It's not like you're really voting on "Let's ban Ivory" so much as "Let's ban [something] and let the secret vote proposals determine what gets banned?"

Or am I missing something fundamental here?

Skycroft

Space Wizard
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Can someone explain the mechanics and tactics of voting on the proposals that have "A" and "B" variants?

It's really like 20 possible proposals to vote on, since each has to target a civ, or resource, or whatever. It's not like you're really voting on "Let's ban Ivory" so much as "Let's ban [something] and let the secret vote proposals determine what gets banned?"

Or am I missing something fundamental here?
According to the stream where they discussed this:

First the side is determined - A or B - by the total number of votes regardless of target. Then the target is determined by which one got the most votes. In the case of a tie, the voter who put in a greater proportion of their favor - not the total amount, but the percentage of their total favor - wins.

If you are on the losing side, you get all your favor back. If you are on the winning side but voted for a different target than the one that won, you get half your favor back.

As for tactics, though, I dunno. you can gauge how much favor you need to some extent: if you have an inkling that one side is likelier to win, you don't need to put as much favor into your preferred target because you just need to have more votes for it than any other target, not more votes than the other side. And if you really want something, you need to put in all your favor. But tactics beyond that, not really.

Esckey

Validated User
In regards to AI, are they better with wonder placement? Do they still stick Petra ina city with only 3 desert tiles(one of which has Petra in it) same with Chiten nitza and 2 jungle tile cities.
Do they build the Golden Gate Bridge over a 1 tile lake?

ViciousFish

Validated User
The devs (I want to see maybe even Ed himself) said that was something they said should be better in the videos they did leading up the release.

Spaßwolf

Validated User
I feel like Georgia has been slightly buffed by Gathering Storm. In Rise and Fall I always wanted them to be good, but never really enjoyed them.

Now their unique unit is no longer in a dead end of the tech tree (and they cost only 10 iron), their City States are more useful for winning the game and they can use the religious governor to buy districts. Their unique walls were buffed too (4 faith instead of 3 and their tourism and faith yields are doubled in golden ages).

suedenim

Validated User
Played my first game, as Eleanor of Aquitane/France.
Played two games with the expansion now, and I have yet to actually see global warming matter. In both games, by the time that there were enough civs pumping carbon into the atmosphere to start threatening the ice caps, it was late enough that I was already well on my way to a victory. They were both remarkably peaceful games, too--in the latter one, I was looking for excuses to warmonger, but the entire planet was BFFs.
I actually maxed it out in my game as Eleanor/France - somewhat to my surprise, as I thought I was being fairly restrained and responsible. Even with that, the results weren't all that catastrophic, though. One of my cities built on a dodgy peninsula became a crappy island, but the city was marginal even before the warming, so no great loss.

Eleanor seems very strong. I pretty much coasted to a cultural victory. Tried to play the Diplomatic game, but at the end I had 4 points and Canada had 2, and nobody else had any.

Rabbit Éclair

high in vital bunnytonium
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I actually maxed it out in my game as Eleanor/France - somewhat to my surprise, as I thought I was being fairly restrained and responsible. Even with that, the results weren't all that catastrophic, though. One of my cities built on a dodgy peninsula became a crappy island, but the city was marginal even before the warming, so no great loss.

Eleanor seems very strong. I pretty much coasted to a cultural victory. Tried to play the Diplomatic game, but at the end I had 4 points and Canada had 2, and nobody else had any.
Yeah, I have yet to see more than a handful of opportunities to earn diplomatic victory points before the point where I'd normally win the game (which isn't even very early, since I don't play too aggressive.)

Top Bottom