• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Closed Recruitment] Blades in the Dark Game

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
Also, I don't think I've said this:

If you want to make 2 concepts, and switch between them for different jobs, Tim & I are ok with that.
(Tim, please correct me if I am wrong).

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
It doesn’t hurt to have a fair size crew via backups. Especially given doing time and other such things can take a character out of play.

I like the idea of peddling drugs to rich people for the purpose of sacrificing them / doing crimes to keep it all going.

I’m down for a Cutter, Spider, or Slide. Cult sounds like fun. Assassins sound like fun too 😁. If we run a gambling hall or dance club I vote for it to be on a Riverboat!

William Wilja Wiklund

Cyborg Communist
Validated User
The idea of a group that peddles drugs to rich people in order to sacrifice them sounds fun to me, especially if the deity or being we serve is one that requires blood sacrifice of oppressors in order to help the oppressed. I'm thinking "the sort of thing someone would make up if they wanted to portray Paladins of the Common Man as a sinister cult".

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
I like that!
Before the world fell, it was a straight forward deity of justice for all... in this fallen world it is increasingly vengeful

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
Ok, so, as I understand things, here’s where we are right now:

Crew concept: a cult ritually attacking the powers that be.

Character concepts
  • Tim: Hound, manhunter
  • Aegis: cutter, spider, or slide
  • William: slide
  • Elven Princess: cutter or slide
  • Andrew sheeler: tba
  • Nick: tba (maybe a leech or whisper)
I have a flight leaving now, so in maybe 2 hrs I’ll have questions and opinions

Nick the Nevermet

Concept Monger
Validated User
So, my trip back home has been nuked due to weather. I have some time to post something now.

I'm deciding between making a Leech who makes the drugs, or a Whisper who is a "prophet" for the cult. I haven't decided on a second character yet. Making both of my characters central to the basic functions of the cult like that seems a bit much.

The basic chargen can be found on page 2 of the Players Kit PDF.

I've thought more about the being venerated by the cult. If it was completely up to me, I would dust off my William Blake, and make the cult's patron The Orc, the embodiment of rebellion & rage. In Blake's mythology, before the Fall, the Orc was Luvah, the embodiment of love, passion, and harvest, but he was struck down by the forces of Reason & Law. Blake saw Orc lurking behind both the French and American Revolutions. Orc's goals are to foment rebellion. This can be used to further the cause of the underclass, but it's not exactly the same thing. So, right off the bat there is a tension between our crew's interpretation of Orc and what another, hypothetical, sect with a totally wrong interpretation things ;)

Anyhow, I hope people are having a better Sunday than I am :)

Top Bottom