• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Closed Recruitment] I Bless the Rains Down In Eiphoria

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I summon the five players interested in a game of Godbound within my custom fantasy world of Eiphoria: A ajdynon DannyK DannyK R RdMarquis D Donan squidheadjax squidheadjax .

All Words are allowed, including everything from the Lexicon of the Throne. Concept Words may be taken with an appropriate concept, obviously. Any Low Magic may be taken as well, they all exist in this realm in one form or another, as does theurgy.

Long long ago, longer now than it seems, the world of Eiphoria was whole and unmarred. When the Makers laid the foundation for it, they protected Eiphoria with a series of great Dolmen Gates scattered across the lands -- 45 of them, each wrought of soul and stone and metal and gems -- marked with a True Rune that encapsulated and represented the very existence of the force they guarded. All was well, for the Balance was kept.

And then, ruin descended upon Eiphoria.

Summoned forth by vile cultists wielding the highest of magics, the ancient old ones, the Hours, took notice of the world from their strange and antithetical realm... and sought to either control or destroy it.

The Gate of Madness, the fuel for the warped minds of the cultists, shattered first, destroyed by searching tendrils from beyond time and space. The other Dolmen Gates soon followed, and so the Cataclysm occurred.

But we fought back. Pierced by sword and shell and great magitek, the Hours and their endless minions were routed after three thousand years of war. But what remained of Eiphoria was nothing like it was. Our golden age of sun had fallen, leaving only an age of darkness in its wake.

In time, truth became legend, legend became myth. And the conflict was all but forgotten. Until now. The Hours are returning, sending their Knows and Longs and Names back into the world to herald their return, to finish what they began.

But we are not bereft of our own defenses. With their return comes the rise of the Eikons, those who for reasons both known and unknown bear the True Runes of the Dolmen Gates upon their bodies, and command those ancient powers. They are our best, last, and only hope against the tides of terror turned against us...

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Eiphoria is a single great circular continent, surrounded completely by a vast indigo ocean-like river known as Ouroboros -- beyond the edge of the water is the endless Void. There are nine nations set upon the remaining landscape, one in the center and then one in each of the eight directions.

Eiphoria knows no gods, but still direct prayers to the two mightiest existences they are aware of: the blue sun, Sorcen, and the great Rains. Rulership is often but not always determined by those blessed with the supposed lineage of Sorcen, a blue tinge to one's skin that is in fact a rare health condition. The silver Rains have supplied Eiphoria with necessary water, and through their strange magics also ward off the Hours and their minions when they fall.

The Nine Nations are as follows:
  • Solarium, the Empire of the Sun. The center nation and blessed with the most radiance, ruled by Empress Corona XXI.
  • Rachnera, the Undead Scar. A blighted and benighted realm filled with the dead and ruled by the undead, the most prominent being Malkoran, King of Crypts.
  • Florascent, the Tangled Jungle.
  • Meroune, the Domes of Coral and Salt.
  • Mabriga, the Frozen Cliffs.
  • Lumina, the Glowing Clouds.
  • Tetra, the Realms Below.
  • Ragnaros, the Molten Plateau.
  • Illustria, the Lands of Ruin Ethereal.
All across Eiphoria are the ruins of the Dolmen Gates, commonly known as Cairn Cores. Each contains possible treasure and more importantly, Fragments of the former Gates. But they are places twisted and haunted, blasted and devastated. Few have journeyed to them, fewer have returned.

GM Note: A lot of this stuff is still rough on purpose, and I anticipate player input to help shape the world.

Last edited:

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Looks cool. My first thoughts always turn to music, and almost as often to death, but not sure that's what I'd want to do right now.

Is the undead land a barely contained horde of undead waiting to break out, or a more functional society that became living-impaired in some sort of event?

Or...

Proposal: death itself is broken in the sundered world. The lucky die. The less than lucky do not, but nor do they heal. By social convention, they are expected to emigrate to Rachnera then. Many seek out greater danger to truly destroy their bodies instead, but many also consider this a 'natural' stage of life. And it is known - or at least believed - that in Rachnera there is a way to die permanently, once you have completed certain trials and service.

Dangerous, mindless undead occasionally roaming the other civilized lands are those who attempted to end themselves permanently but only succeeded in shattering their own minds.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Proposal: death itself is broken in the sundered world. The lucky die. The less than lucky do not, but nor do they heal. By social convention, they are expected to emigrate to Rachnera then. Many seek out greater danger to truly destroy their bodies instead, but many also consider this a 'natural' stage of life. And it is known - or at least believed - that in Rachnera there is a way to die permanently, once you have completed certain trials and service.

Dangerous, mindless undead occasionally roaming the other civilized lands are those who attempted to end themselves permanently but only succeeded in shattering their own minds.
A wonderful proposal. Accepted. This is the kind of input I'm talking about.

Donan

Validated User
I'll venture thoughts for Florascent, as I've (hopefully) a touch of inspiration there.

There are those in the past who, through hubris or desperation, or a mix therein, attempted to reshape life to better resist the Hours and their minions. Beasts of twisted shape and great power, the very essence of life altered to their whims. But life is a thousand rivers, a tangle of cause and effect and a world that learns from itself. The beasts broke free, changed and devoured many of those who had created them.

The Tangled Jungle teems with vibrant life in many forms, but much of it is deadly and few dare to tread within it. Still, the forest remembers its reason for being and those of the Hours service find even more danger within then others.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'll venture thoughts for Florascent, as I've (hopefully) a touch of inspiration there.

There are those in the past who, through hubris or desperation, or a mix therein, attempted to reshape life to better resist the Hours and their minions. Beasts of twisted shape and great power, the very essence of life altered to their whims. But life is a thousand rivers, a tangle of cause and effect and a world that learns from itself. The beasts broke free, changed and devoured many of those who had created them.

The Tangled Jungle teems with vibrant life in many forms, but much of it is deadly and few dare to tread within it. Still, the forest remembers its reason for being and those of the Hours service find even more danger within then others.
I like it! Of course, it is a nation, so there is at least one city-esque gathering that dwells there, likely set upon the back of some great beast, perhaps a dragon. It is not one of the Nine that accept the rulership of the Sun Empire. Accepted!

ajdynon

Validated User
Character proposals, I have three different Godbound character ideas:

- Reuse Little Golden Sun because I didn't get to play her for long enough (you mentioned there are no gods as such, is there a Buddhist-like enlightenment philosophy?)
- Amazon queen (words of Command, Fertility and Sword)
- Pirate/Assassin (words of Sea, Night and Alacrity)

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Character proposals, I have three different Godbound character ideas:

- Reuse Little Golden Sun because I didn't get to play her for long enough (you mentioned there are no gods as such, is there a Buddhist-like enlightenment philosophy?)
- Amazon queen (words of Command, Fertility and Sword)
- Pirate/Assassin (words of Sea, Night and Alacrity)
I'm good with any of those. The floating city of Lumina, situated upon great glowing clouds that have been enchanted to be solid to the touch, can have a Buddhist like enlightenment philosophy, though all prayers are still directed towards the venerated Rains. Not really Sorcen the blue sun however, as the clouds provide their own light. Lumina is also the base of the majority of the healing temples in Eiphoria.

The Rains do not touch the areas directly below the city however, leaving it a dark cesspool of Hour activity...

Last edited:

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I really don't want to be the last to propose a character idea again ^^
C'mon brain, work...

RdMarquis

Validated User
I’m also thinking of giving a character another shot (he had the Words of Time, Alacrity, and Fate, as well as the Strife of the Scorned Lover), but he was from a place like the Bright Republic in the “normal” setting, so his backstory is probably going to need some changes.

Also, I’ll get back to you on world building stuff. For some reason (a fanfic I read?) I’m thinking about industrial revolutions and cowboys. Not necessarily combined.

Top Bottom