• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[COH] The City of Heroes Legacy Megathread - Part 2 [READ REDTEXT IN POST #1]

BethDragon

nominally Good Person
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Part 2 can be found here.

About the private server:

Moderator Text:

OK, so at this point we have to chime in.

We are OK with discussing that the code exists, and how/why it exists.

Please do not share information on where to find a server or log in to a server, as that would be in violation of our rules against piracy. (Yes, really.)

Lots of people are incredibly excited about this. That's good! But we do have to maintain that rule, especially since NCSoft is notoriously litigant regarding private servers.

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
XP gain is easiest when having fun.
Indeed so!

Speaking of, I'm not liking my rad/rad defender as much as I'd like. She was my main in The Before Times, but mostly because my friends wanted her around more than my other alts.

On a rad/ defender, /rad seems a bit redundant because I already murder enemy defense with my toggles, and especially in teams friendly accuracy is likely to be enhanced and buffed through the roof. Any suggestions for the blasty part? I'd mainly be inclined toward the sets like Darkness that reduce accuracy or one of the ones that reduce fire rate. Or even one of the ones that's just plain more killy, for spending time solo. Is there one that reduces resistance?

Or will later enemies make the double defense debuff of rad/rad more relevant? I still might go for another attack element that degrades defense instead of /rad though because... Something about it that I can't quite put my finger on is kinda dull compared to other options. Not sure why I don't like it. Maybe it's just because the character is rad/rad and it feels samey. (Definitely, definitely keeping rad/ though.)

Knockwood

Trying to figure it out.
Validated User
So, which missions are people skipping?

So far I've done it once, with my Stalker Midori Yurei. There's this one mission... Hm, how much can I say... well, the last mission in the chain has you and a bunch of bad guys raiding a Longbow base. At the time, the base commander con'd red, and he had a lot of backup, so I wound up in the hospital. When I went back he'd killed all of my backup and still had a bunch of friends, so it wasn't doable, and I went back to the contact and took the "Skip due to difficulty or bugs" option. As an aside, being able to only have one mission active at a time is pain in the ass, and definitely one of the things I'd change if I was in charge of re-doing the game.

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
So, which missions are people skipping?

So far I've done it once, with my Stalker Midori Yurei. There's this one mission... Hm, how much can I say... well, the last mission in the chain has you and a bunch of bad guys raiding a Longbow base. At the time, the base commander con'd red, and he had a lot of backup, so I wound up in the hospital. When I went back he'd killed all of my backup and still had a bunch of friends, so it wasn't doable, and I went back to the contact and took the "Skip due to difficulty or bugs" option. As an aside, being able to only have one mission active at a time is pain in the ass, and definitely one of the things I'd change if I was in charge of re-doing the game.
But... you can have three missions? If you mean only one instance... I'm not sure how you'd track it without stressing the mapserver even more. But you can certainly stack kill X missions with others when applicable. "You need me to take down 30 Lost, but you don't care where? Okay, time for a lost-centric radio mission" and so on.

Shade the Lost

Validated User
I don't play myself, but a friend does, and he pretty much brickwalled at level 44, he says. Something about a sword and shield + ice powers brawler getting manhandled by holds and stuff from lower level NPCs and in general being super squishy but lacking dps. Any advice I could pass along?

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
Shield defense has a quite good anti-mez power in it, so I am surprised at that. It's hard to answer without seeing specific AT and build.

Sigrid Hex

Social Justice Valkyrie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I don't play myself, but a friend does, and he pretty much brickwalled at level 44, he says. Something about a sword and shield + ice powers brawler getting manhandled by holds and stuff from lower level NPCs and in general being super squishy but lacking dps. Any advice I could pass along?
Tell him to get Active Defense if he hasn't, slot it with a couple recharge reduction enhancements, and set it to auto-fire (ctrl+lclick the power in the power tray). Anyone with a defensive set should be largely immune to control powers after level 16 at the latest.

Top Bottom