• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Combine Two Games Together!

Killer300

Validated User
You have just been given a device that combines magic with technology to do something truly remarkable. You put two video games into it, and it spits out a combination of both which takes the elements you like from each to put them together into something wholly new.So here's an example.

Experimenting with this strange device, I decide to combine the game Sleeping Dogs with the game Higurashi: When They Cry, so as to get an open world game with martial arts combat, yet, it now also has the horror elements from Higurashi When They Cry, and the plot of the game now has some influences from a visual novel, such as stuff like branching paths.

For another example, this whole thing was inspired by Parasite Eve, which seems to be a combination of Resident Evil with a JRPG like Chrono Trigger or Vagrant Story.

So, what would you combine together, and what game would you get in the process?

Kevin Mowery

WAUGH!
Validated User
Dragon Age: Inquisition and Fallout 4.

It'd be a Fallout game, but Bioware-style. You'd have multiple NPC companions, with romances. You can take three along with you at a time. The game is designed to be third-person over-the-shoulder rather than being first-person that you can switch to third. Each romance feels unique. You'd have the settlement building of Fallout 4, but also the war table, where you could send different NPC companions to deal with quests you didn't want to deal with personally. So all those stupid radiant quests can be handled by someone else and still get done.

AndySue

Validated User
I'd like to combine MU Origin with Albion for mobile games. I love the cool graphics and pet system in MU Origin and would like to combine it to Albion's sandbox system.

ezekiel

Follower of the Way
Validated User
Perhaps a better example of this device's function would be Planescape: Torment + Knights of the Old Republic = KotOR II: The Sith Lords. Because that's pretty much exactly what that was and how it happened. (That is, most of the PS:T team went on to become Obsidian, and got a license to make a sequel to KotOR the way they wanted it, all deconstruction-y and such.)

As for my own desire? I'd chuck in Doom (2016) + Deus Ex (2000). Produce a game with great writing and serious political intrigue where you get the satisfying gunplay and kill moves (especially if you can still do it to legit demons). Make it set in a world like Shadowrun, except the "magic" parts of the world are kept a lot more secret. Demon-slaying secret agent sounds rad as hell, if you'll pardon the pin.

Last edited:

s/LaSH

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Perhaps a better example of this device's function would be Planescape: Torment + Knights of the Old Republic = KotOR II: The Sith Lords. Because that's pretty much exactly what that was and how it happened. (That is, most of the PS:T team went on to become Obsidian, and got a license to make a sequel to KotOR the way they wanted it, all deconstruction-y and such.)

As for my own desire? I'd chuck in Doom (2016) + Deus Ex (2000). Produce a game with great writing and serious political intrigue where you get the satisfying gunplay and kill moves (especially if you can still do it to legit demons). Make it set in a world like Shadowrun, except the "magic" parts of the world are kept a lot more secret. Demon-slaying secret agent sounds rad as hell, if you'll pardon the pin.
Eerily similar to Helmarine, a concept I came up with a handful of years ago - except that one was Deus Ex Human Revolution plus original Doom, ludicrous ammo toting capacity and all. The idea was that you were a massively augmented cyborg soldier, capable of appearing human while also housing three dozen anti-tank munitions, four hundred AP flechettes, and a minor riot squad's worth of fragmentation rounds under your ablative armour woven skin. Appearing human was important, because the Dukes of Hell had taken over Earth in the 2070s, and were now integrating human civilization into their collective of worlds; demon armies came in dizzying variety and had access to the teleportation circle. Highways became a lost artifact. The Helmarines were the last hope of the resistance.

They were also possibly humanity's audition for elevation to the Dukes of Hell, because it turns out super killy cyborgs are pretty much of a kind with demon warriors of a dozen dimensions. Politics.

Voltron64

Banned
Dragon Age: Inquisition and Fallout 4.

It'd be a Fallout game, but Bioware-style. You'd have multiple NPC companions, with romances. You can take three along with you at a time. The game is designed to be third-person over-the-shoulder rather than being first-person that you can switch to third. Each romance feels unique. You'd have the settlement building of Fallout 4, but also the war table, where you could send different NPC companions to deal with quests you didn't want to deal with personally. So all those stupid radiant quests can be handled by someone else and still get done.

Bashere

Still has four eyes
Validated User
I'd totally buy a mix of Fallout and The Elder Scrolls. Super mutants, dragons, robots, draugr, abandoned BoS bunkers, and Dwarven ruins? Sign me up.

Especially if it is as big a world as Daggerfall.

Top Bottom