• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Combine Two Games Together!

Killer300

Validated User
StarCrawlers + Silent Hill 4

Basically, take the first person dungeon crawling, and RPG gameplay, of games like Wizardry and the like, combine it with a horror game like Silent Hill in regards to enemy design, along with the idea of being trapped somewhere, give the player the objective of escape, and GO! Oh, also take hints from old school dungeon crawlers where the player needs to make their own map and otherwise has them get lost, so as to heighten the horror.

I think this could be cool because the claustrophobic nature of the genre, and its relatively low development cost I think could work together to make the game more accessible.

Morganite

The Propagation
Validated User
Gameplay - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Characters, visual design, story, humor - Hyperdimension Neptunia.

I might never need to buy another game again.

-Morgan.

Killer300

Validated User
Okay, so, I want to combine a rail shooter, like House of the Dead with a rogue-like, such as FTL, so as to get a really repetitive genre a lot more variety, at least in theory, while also perhaps doing interesting stuff with it like the game Killer7 did. I don't know why, but I've always thought the rail shooter was an under explored genre from a mechanical experimentation perspective, and judging by games like Killer7 and Rez, there is room to do so.

Knaight

Validated User
Starcraft + Tribes
The specific games here could vary, but the idea is that you have a strategist/logistician who play an RTS against each other, handling the economic side of strategy games while also giving instructions to their troops. The troops are playing an FPS full of vehicles, getting to respawn/whatever when stuff is built, getting instructions from the strategist they optionally follow. I just picked these two because they synch up decently and the really high mobility is a lot of fun.

Pokemon + Super Smash Bros
Basically Pokemon, but instead of the normal fights the fights use SSB mechanics. This includes move swapping, and pulling in a variety of fight types (horde battles, 2v2, etc.).

Tales of Maj'eyal + Hollow Knight
Mostly this is just about stealing an art style for ToME, which could definitely stand to be prettier. Insect Gothic is my jam, and I could see it being really fun in a dungeon heavy roguelike.

Baten Kaitos + Hand of Fate + Slay the Spire
All the cards. All of them.

KaijuGooGoo

Not Woke until I’ve had my Coffee
RPGnet Member
Validated User
No Man's Skyrim - fly a dragon between a multitude of procedurally generated worlds, but with some crafted/scripted worlds and quests thrown in.

Killer300

Validated User
Starcraft + Tribes
The specific games here could vary, but the idea is that you have a strategist/logistician who play an RTS against each other, handling the economic side of strategy games while also giving instructions to their troops. The troops are playing an FPS full of vehicles, getting to respawn/whatever when stuff is built, getting instructions from the strategist they optionally follow. I just picked these two because they synch up decently and the really high mobility is a lot of fun.
This seems like an idea we've seen aspects of before now, such as Battlefield 2's commander mode, while never seeing fully implemented.

Pokemon + Super Smash Bros
Basically Pokemon, but instead of the normal fights the fights use SSB mechanics. This includes move swapping, and pulling in a variety of fight types (horde battles, 2v2, etc.).
Sounds great!

Tales of Maj'eyal + Hollow Knight
Mostly this is just about stealing an art style for ToME, which could definitely stand to be prettier. Insect Gothic is my jam, and I could see it being really fun in a dungeon heavy roguelike.
A traditional rogue-like depth wise, but with a User Interface that isn't awful, and graphics that are comprehensible at first sight, could be pretty awesome(we've sort of had the latter, we haven't had the former).

Baten Kaitos + Hand of Fate + Slay the Spire
All the cards. All of them.
Now now, card balance is difficult, and I'm afraid that this many cards put together would rapidly run into balance issues.:p

On another note, I want to combine Resident Evil with Diablo by combining the horror aspects, and loads of guns, of Resident Evil with the action RPG and dungeon crawling aspects of Diablo to get an improved version of the game Silent Hill: Book of Memories.

MadCow

Master of all evil bovine
Validated User
Used the search function but didn't find any mention, so...

Space Hulk + Aliens
The aliens player has a full view of the entire map, gains points over time as well as completing certain tasks, and uses those points to spawn monsters all over the map.
Space marine players play the regular FPS mode, trying to navigate through the map and shoot the monsters while trying to stay alive and achieve their objective (survive for X minutes, get to point Y, retrieve item Z, etc)

Gojira

in a rubber monster suit
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Used the search function but didn't find any mention, so...

Space Hulk + Aliens
Now I want a Space Hulk + Spelunky game, where the player explores a procedurally generated dangerous sci-fi space hulk and collect as many resources as possible, while only having one life and limited ways to save/exit.

Melted Rabbit

Separate class of problem
Validated User
No Man's Skyrim - fly a dragon between a multitude of procedurally generated worlds, but with some crafted/scripted worlds and quests thrown in.
This probably is terrible of me:

No Man's Sky + Life Is Strange - the procedurally generated characters, plot, and setting ensures that every new game is different. Each playthrough is an exercise in despair.

Last edited:
Top Bottom