• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Combine Two Games Together!

Knaight

Validated User
Is this different from Pokken Tournament?
From some quick research Pokken Tournament looks like a fighting game first and foremost, with some limited overworld stuff. Here I'm talking about leaving everything but the combat system intact, which is pretty dramatically different. That would be more of an action RPG with fighting game mechanics, but as a mon game.

Requiem_17_23

Mrglglglgl
Validated User
This probably is terrible of me:

No Man's Sky + Life Is Strange - the procedurally generated characters, plot, and setting ensures that every new game is different. Each playthrough is an exercise in despair.
Hahahaha.

So your Sphere is randomly picked, the personalities are procedurally assigned, whodunnit is different every time, what they dun is different (but always heinous) and every final episode tries its best to ruin the plot?

s/LaSH

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hahahaha.

So your Sphere is randomly picked, the personalities are procedurally assigned, whodunnit is different every time, what they dun is different (but always heinous) and every final episode tries its best to ruin the plot?
This sounds a little like the old Westwood Blade Runner, where it randomly determined who was a skinjob every time you played a new game.

Only I guess, instead of Harrison Ford, you're a teenage girl standing ankle-deep in liquid methane desperately checking your Geiger counter?

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
Pokemon and Dynasty Warriors. Some of the really-special moves are just never going to play that impressively without a giant horde of enemies to KO.

Super Smash Bros and Dynasty Warriors. Because Musou games are really just about non-sensically beating people up, why not cross it with a fighting game?

Last edited:

SpicyMcHaggis

Interim interim President of Venezuela
Validated User
Now I want a Space Hulk + Spelunky game, where the player explores a procedurally generated dangerous sci-fi space hulk and collect as many resources as possible, while only having one life and limited ways to save/exit.
Deep Sky Derelicts is close to that

Patchouli

Validated User
It might be cheating, but I want Gundam Breaker's mech building plus a full scale RPG... but with more depth than the existing MS Saga. (MS Saga *is* what I described, but not as advanced as I want.)

I also second Star Control 2 + Mass Effect 2 for being amazing.

Thanaeon

Mostly simulationist
Validated User
King of Dragon Pass and Starsector: Narrative-strategic faction building (beginning with a humble station and spreading to a sector-spanning nation) combined with the lovely tactical action battles of Starsector.

Mass Effect and Nexus: The Jupiter Incident: Take the RPG elements and character focus and story structure (main plot but with room for exploration and side missions) but instead of FPS combat, replace it with tactical battles from Nexus. (Especially the game prologue, relatively plausible tech level ones.)

Cenobite

Whiteside Pawn 909
Validated User
I could actually see a Metal Gear Solid/Metal Gear Rising combo. Pretty much two entirely separate games taped together. Raiden would get the cut what you want, lightning bolt action game, but it takes place parallel to Snake's sneaking mission and actually serves as a distraction from the infiltration.

Kevin Mowery

WAUGH!
Validated User
LEGO Dimensions and LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2. Just because I want Marvel characters in LEGO Dimensions.

Or, alternately, LEGO Dimensions and the new(ish) Spider-Man game for the PS4. But available on all platforms because I don't own a PS4. Mostly, I just want a game that's a lot like Dimensions--an open-world beat-em-up with hundreds of possible characters from a couple of dozen IPs all crossing over--but not LEGO.

KaijuGooGoo

Not Woke until I’ve had my Coffee
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Opening cut scene of retro-tech looking rockets lifting off, linking up with a larger ship in orbit. As the ship ignites its thrusters, the camera pans back, showing the Vault-Tec insignia on the sides of the craft, and as Patsy Cline's "I Fall To Pieces" plays, the focus shifts to a receding Earth with a growing number of explosions...

Fallout Sky, Fallout + No Man's Sky

Top Bottom