• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Comic book/Animation characters that talk back to their own writers/artists.

Particle_Man

White Knight
Validated User
Ambush Bug comes to mind as the classic comedic version, but there is also Harley Quinn. Both are seen as crazy by other characters in that universe.

She-Hulk on the marvel side does this sometimes (and this carries over into her guest spots on Hulk, sometimes, but she is just seen as a bit crazy).

Cerebus the Aardvark did this to Dave Sim.

Animal Man actually has Grant Morison self-insert (and then the Grant Morrison insertion, "The Writer", gets killed off in an issue of Suicide Squad).

In animation, Bugs Bunny has a fight with his animator, that turns out to be Elmer Fudd (the only time I know of that Elmer wins).

Also in animation, Daffy Duck has a similar fight, only this time the animator is Bugs Bunny.

That is all I can think of for now.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Ambush Bug comes to mind as the classic comedic version, but there is also Harley Quinn. Both are seen as crazy by other characters in that universe.
You missed Deadpool in that line up.
Also as understand Purple-Man/Zebediah Killgrave does it as well.

Ivan Stupidor

Parenthetical Expression
Validated User
There was a cartoon/Muppet show called Dog City that aired in the mid-90's (or at least that's when I remember watching it). The main Muppet character was an (anthropomorphic dog) cartoonist named Elliot who basically worked out his troubles for the episode by writing and drawing a film noir cartoon about private eye Ace Hart, who frequently would back-talk his creator, and sometimes offer some advice on the current "real-life" situation.

Ace talking to Elliot may have been a bit of a meta-joke, since the cartoon was based on a Jim Henson Hour sketch, and the "Ace" Muppet would be repurposed into Elliot for the show. (Similarly, the other characters in the sketch got cartoon equivalents, and their Muppets became their more mundane, genre-shifted counterparts - mobster Bugsy became Elliot's overbearing building super, for instance.)

Brandi

Validated User
La Linea is an animated character who argues with his animator all the time.

[video=youtube;8VWcqILJam4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VWcqILJam4[/video]

Ultimate Chicken

Social Justice Chicken
Validated User
The Spiderman cartoon of the 90s had him meet Stan Lee.

Authors of manga series typically include bonus chapters in "Tankoban" releases (i.e collections of chapters that appear in magazines some time after original release). These bonus chapters tend to be the author's personal notes, potray the author as his avatar (e.g Hiromu Arakawa as her cow-in-glasses) and sometimes have the characters interacting with the author.

Gintama "accidentally" its own author (depicted as a gorilla in a shirt) in the popularity poll arc. >_>'

Top Bottom