Comic Book Draft Clearinghouse

Patrick Y.

Cessnas all the way down
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The first thread reached 1k posts, so here's a new comic draft clearing house thread. This is place to:

Propose a comic draft
Advertise a comic draft
Look for a draft to join
Keep track of drafts in progress

This is not the place to:

conduct a draft
discuss a draft in progress
Bitch that you missed a draft

Enjoy all, and I hope that this thread is as useful as the last.

MindCrush

Glorious Draft Glutton
Validated User
Thanks for putting up a new thread Patrick.

At the end of the last thread I floated the idea for a Marvel full script draft that followed the lines of DC's New 52 reboot. Basically reboot Marvel. Solo books are fine, as are team books obviously. As with DC's New 52, feel free to expand the genres if you want to. Swords and sorcery, western, space opera, horror, slice of life, classic four colour, more gritty street level; whatever you want. Of course you can, like DC did, mix up the teams a bit. Don't feel like you have to have Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Angel, Iceman and Beast as the original incarnation of the X-Men. If you think that they are done to death then make the original team whoever you want. Again, reboot. Nothing old has to stay and it is only canon if you say it is. DC decided to keep Damian Wayne as Robin but deleted Stephanie Brown. If you like Tony Stark as a drunk then he can be a drunk. If you think Emma Frost was always better as a villain then by Joe she can still be a villain!

The only rule I will set is that anyone drafted for a solo title is still in bounds for team books WITH THE DRAFTER'S CONSENT AND INPUT. Same goes the other way. So, if someone picks Avengers and has Cap as the leader but you really wanted to write a Cap solo title then just play nice and work it out. Obviously if the ideas are too divergent from one another then the original drafter has priority and you are out of luck but these things work better when people collaborate and help one another.

Also, like with the JSA, if you think a team like the Defenders works better as the main team and not as some Avengers warm up act then you can plonk them down in their own universe but solo titles will all be in the main shared universe. New universes will only be created where there is a clear overlap, like in the case of Avengers and Defenders.

So there it is, Marvel New 52. Looking for 12-20 True Believers to rewrite the Marvel Universe as we know it, from the ground up. Six or twelve issues. Who's in?

MindCrush

MindCrush

Glorious Draft Glutton
Validated User
Since there is a low side of six issues I will. If I get a co-author I can always try for more. Count me in.
Exactly why I included the six issue option. I know twelve is daunting, especially for first timers and this could be a very fun draft so I want a good turn out. Also, as you bought it up, people can feel free to team up to write books. I have no problem at all with that.

MindCrush

Chronicler

LiMu Emu Fan
Validated User
Oooh, since it's Marvel I'm interested. However, would it be okay to do pieces of fiction in place of scripts? That's probably going against the whole comic book vibe of drafting scripts with pages and panels, but I'm more comfortable working with prose.

MindCrush

Glorious Draft Glutton
Validated User
Oooh, since it's Marvel I'm interested. However, would it be okay to do pieces of fiction in place of scripts? That's probably going against the whole comic book vibe of drafting scripts with pages and panels, but I'm more comfortable working with prose.
Sure. Just write about an issue's worth at a time and put it up in installments as if it were issues. No problem at all.

MindCrush

Peers

Order of Cleansing Flame
Validated User
So there it is, Marvel New 52. Looking for 12-20 True Believers to rewrite the Marvel Universe as we know it, from the ground up. Six or twelve issues. Who's in?
Sure. But I've already used up my Apocalypse-as-Peter-Parker idea. Tho for some reason my DC full-scripts always work out better than my Marvel ones...

OnyxHope

Ex3 Fan Club
Validated User
Sure. But I've already used up my Apocalypse-as-Peter-Parker idea. Tho for some reason my DC full-scripts always work out better than my Marvel ones...
Well you can always write a marvel character as if he/she/it was DC in the Marvel verse.

Top Bottom