Comic Book Draft Clearinghouse

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
I was thinking about proposing an "Old Man/Old Lady" Draft (i.e. "Old Man Logan", "Old Lady Harley", "Old Man Hawkeye", "Old Man Quill"), but I think the "Next Generation" would be more fun.

Unless we could combine them somehow...?

But I don't know how well that would work.

Thoughts?
You totally could! Round 1 pick is a canon character from given universe, aka your Old Man/Lady/etc. They head up your draft, and all the rest of the characters are new-generation OCs. That would be a really cool "passing the torch" style of draft.

HNutz

Knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men!
Validated User
You totally could! Round 1 pick is a canon character from given universe, aka your Old Man/Lady/etc. They head up your draft, and all the rest of the characters are new-generation OCs. That would be a really cool "passing the torch" style of draft.
That could work!

HNutz

Knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men!
Validated User
Is there any interest in a "Old Man/Next Generation" Draft?
Yeah, I'd dig that too.
Cool! Glad there's some interest here!

A few questions:

1) Do y'all want to do Marvel, DC or a hybrid?

2) Do y'all want a hard limit of 1 preexisting character or allow a larger number?

3) Thoughts on legacy characters like Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, Green Lantern, etc. and items like the Helm of Fate, the Infinity Gems, etc?

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
My feelings, being new to the concept...

1. I don't particularly have an attachment to any of the options, although it might be easier to wrangle timelines for a single universe? idk
2. I personally like the idea of one pre-existing character as your primary pick, then you can incorporate other pre-existing characters into your OCs' backstories. (and I'd imagine that these pre-existing characters would be considered more or less communal, but whatever a drafter has established in their picks should be considered canon; the only protected pre-existing characters are the Round 1 picks)
3. I feel like legacy titles should probably follow the normal draft rules, aka one per draft. Just like how in Marvel there might be multiple Iron Fists, but in a Marvel draft there's only one Iron Fist allowed. Items like Helm of Fate, etc. would presumably fall under the pre-existing character/element rule if not reserved in Round 1.

Eric the .5b

Hail the Milleni-odel!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
1) Do y'all want to do Marvel, DC or a hybrid?
Marvel or DC, not Hybrid.

2) Do y'all want a hard limit of 1 preexisting character or allow a larger number?
I'd allow as many older picks as people wanted.

No strong view on legacy. One per draft seems fair, but I don't have any trouble with no limit, in case someone wants to do a draft focusing on multiple people in one legacy.

Top Bottom