Comic Book Draft Clearinghouse

NightGoblyn

Most Loathsome
Validated User
I would presume, however, that if somebody's young'un has Mjolnr or the Lasso of Truth then nobody else gets to have it. And if somebody already has Tony Stark's kid, and somebody else wants Tony Stark's other kid, they'd talk first . . . but that sort of courtesy is par for the course, really.

I'd want one Oldbie and a team of Newbies, otherwise it kinda defeats the purpose of the draft. But I wouldn't make it a hard rule, 'cause what if somebody wants an Oldbie Duo and their Family Team?

Coyote's Own

RPG.net's friendly neighborhood Nuwisha.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Could someone give me shout out when the OG/NG draft closes.
I'm think a week to recuberate and the a week of recruitment for the Next Alt-Earth cycle.

HNutz

Knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men!
Validated User
It shouldn't be too much longer.

The last "mandatory" round should be starting soon, with optional Wild Cards and Epilogues to follow.

There's been some fun picks so far, so make sure to check it out!

neutrondecay

An Experience
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Given that my fatigue and mental health problems are continuing to make it hard for me to finish drafts, I'd be interested to know if anyone is willing to partner with me for some or all of this year's Big Three. I love the game, and I love writing, but I really struggle to keep up unassisted.

Can you help a disabled fic writer out?

Many thanks,

nd

Troy Swain

Validated User
neutrondecay neutrondecay , I'm game! I love collaborating, and you are always full of good ideas and provocative scenarios, so yeah. Not sure how it would work, but if you figure out your parameters and rules, then let's figure it out. The more collaborators, the better, in my book.

neutrondecay

An Experience
RPGnet Member
Validated User
neutrondecay neutrondecay , I'm game! I love collaborating, and you are always full of good ideas and provocative scenarios, so yeah. Not sure how it would work, but if you figure out your parameters and rules, then let's figure it out. The more collaborators, the better, in my book.
Thank you, Troy!

My proposed setup is:
1) The draft co-ordinator would need to accept a team contestant.
2) We'd play as one participant - we take one spot in the turn order, and either of us posting a pick counts for it.
3) We correspond by DM to discuss picks, fiction content, and the like. Either of us can pitch anything, and we discuss whether it works and where to take it.
4) If our turn comes up and we haven't discussed a pick, either of us can post a valid pick that fits the general direction we've agreed on.
5) If we discuss options and can't agree by the time our turn rolls around, whoever posts first calls it, but can't pick something the other specifically rejected already.

Does that sound workable?

Many thanks,

nd

Troy Swain

Validated User
Sounds good to me! I also like each of us taking a particular character and then writing the dialog. It's an easier way to get varied characters with different voices and POVs.

Top Bottom