• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Comic Book Draft Clearinghouse

empulsive

40-something POC Nerd (he/him)
Validated User
As an outside observer, I think it would be an interesting exercise to do Superman, but in the same "real life" universe as the current Batman game. One era's famous Bat rogue might be another era's Perry White, etc. But that might be asking a bit much.

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
That'd be a lot of continuity to get down, and I'd want to sit down and fill out that document that I've been neglecting, but it could be interesting to work in the same "canon".

HNutz

Knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men!
Validated User
We're on Round 7 of the Bat-Draft and I REALLY like how the way that we're starting (instead of the usual ABCCBA method).

It keeps things moving and I hope we see it used again.
Next time we do a _________-Verse Draft (Spider-, Bat-, Super-, etc.), I think we should do it this way.

Every round stands on it's own, everyone can contribute to the supporting cast/Rogue's Gallery, etc.

There's only a few more rounds to the Bat-Draft... Any thoughts about what's next?

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There's only a few more rounds to the Bat-Draft... Any thoughts about what's next?
DC-78, Presence help me.
In duo's or trios depending on the number of people and time zones.
I'll start the participation thread on the Monday after the Bat-thread finishes.

Myth

Southern Mane
RPGnet Member
Validated User
We could do a CW-verse Draft, as well. Though we’d have to stretch it somehow, or run out of young, pretty actors.

Daz Florp Lebam

Validated User
Re a CW-verse draft:

We draft the characters and casts of new CW-verse shows. They can interact with the actual, existing CW-verse shows, and of course the other new, drafted shows. We could come up with some crossover rules. Actors must be tv-caliber, so no movie stars unless they're has-beens or semi-retired or the like.

Re DC-78 team-up drafts:

How are we determining who's teamed-up with whom? How's that gonna work?

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Re DC-78 team-up drafts:

How are we determining who's teamed-up with whom? How's that gonna work?
As explained before:
It less of team up and more of drafting block.
Each block will consist of two or three people in different time zones.
Each block will have a six-hour window (if it has two drafter) or a ten-hour window (if it has three drafters). On the off chance, there will be 13 or 14-hour window for 4 drafter block.
The window is static, so it lasts 6/10/14 hours even if all the drafter post their picks early.
Preferably the poster will post their picks to other people in the drafting block so that that can be posted at the same time.

Fist goes as usual with 24-hour pick windows for everyone.
The limitation of two picks missed still stand, however, block will not be skipped unless all members of block are to be skipped.

Top Bottom