• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Comic Book Draft Clearinghouse

HNutz

Knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men!
Validated User
So it's NOT 2 (or more) drafters collaborating on 1 8 person team?

That's interesting...

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So it's NOT 2 (or more) drafters collaborating on 1 8 person team?

That's interesting...
It never supposed to be.
Of course, if someone wants to do a writing team-up like Quendalon and Troy Swain were planning, that option is available.

HNutz

Knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men!
Validated User
As explained before:
It less of team up and more of drafting block.
Each block will consist of two or three people in different time zones.
Each block will have a six-hour window (if it has two drafter) or a ten-hour window (if it has three drafters). On the off chance, there will be 13 or 14-hour window for 4 drafter block.
The window is static, so it lasts 6/10/14 hours even if all the drafter post their picks early.
Preferably the poster will post their picks to other people in the drafting block so that that can be posted at the same time.

Fist goes as usual with 24-hour pick windows for everyone.
The limitation of two picks missed still stand, however, block will not be skipped unless all members of block are to be skipped.
Think I have it.

I have a cool (but complicated) idea in mind. Will pitch it to my partner once teams are picked and see how they feel about it.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Think I have it.

I have a cool (but complicated) idea in mind. Will pitch it to my partner once teams are picked and see how they feel about it.
Uhm, there are no teams.

There are drafting blocks.
If you want to tell people from your voting block your team you can, but pretty much like tell the people before and after you in the draft order (in previous drafts) what your idea is.

Once again (with feeling):
The drafting blocks are there to give draft static six to ten hours drafts windows (so people will always know when their draft window will be) while not slowing the draft down by giving every draft a full window.
Sharing pick between people in a block serves the same purpose as sending someone a PM to post you pick if you're not online. Additionally, it serves to avoid conflicts if two people from the same block want to drat the same character (as they discuss the pick beforehand).

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
If I understand it right, it's a modified form of the free for all slots from the Bat-draft, where multiple people draft within the same slot.

With the understanding that people who share a slot might want to touch base and check in with one another if their plans might clash.

Drogo

Unrepentant Gamer
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Permit me to suggest that you inquire what time zones people live in, and randomize from the 'Europe', 'Americas' & 'Asia' blocs. Then slot #1 from column A, #1 form column B...

Top Bottom