• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

🎨 Creative [Comic book drafts] DC-78 Alternate Earth: New Nu You Universe

Quendalon

shit just got cute
Validated User
My apologies, but due to odd schedules the past couple/few weeks, and having teen-aged children, I haven't had the head-space for this. I think I had a cool idea, but not enough of it made it into written form, and now it's all been pushed out by other things. Jack Kirby's Planet of the Apes by way of Angel and the Ape something something computer Command codes something something "I hate every command, you see - from Command: A to Command: Z!" something something.

So, Angel and the Apes?

The moral of this story? Write stuff down!
Aw, I was really looking forward to seeing where this went. But I understand the need to prioritize! Looking forward to see what madness you come up with next time. :)

Quendalon

shit just got cute
Validated User
My name is Cisco Ramon. I know stuff.

I’m not really sure how it works. It’s just that some things have a… vibe? A good vibe or a bad vibe. It’s a knack, and it’s good for just about everything. I just know what things go together and what things don’t. It’s like I can feel the drumbeat of the universe, and I know how to dance to it.

Like, knowing what fits together makes me a brilliant inventor and engineer, if I do say so myself. I always know exactly the right name for an invention, or the right nickname for a friend or for whatever caped weirdo makes the news. I’m an excellent matchmaker. And, of course, my music is on point. No one jams like me; I know exactly when to come in with the beat.

It’s a good thing that I’m amazing at my job, because sometimes I just know that I’m in the wrong place, that there’s someplace else where I need to be. So I have to take time off. Like today, I took a leave of absence from S.T.A.R. Labs, packed up my drum kit, and drove down to Keystone City.

Not really sure what the deal is. Usually when this sort of thing happens, I put together some sort of supertech widget that turns out to solve whatever problem’s going on. I’ve never had to put my life on hold just to play a set. But the beat is calling real strong, so I guess it’s serious.

Whatever’s going on in Keystone, I guess I’m the drummer.

OOC: Cisco Ramon can sense the ‘vibe’ around things, actions, and events, and knows instinctively what’s got a good or bad vibe. This makes him great at designing supertech, as well as a variety of other skills. In this case, when our musical heroes get together, he’ll be the drummer.

NoOneImportant

Validated User
You know, of all the characters of the 80s who'd make a comeback in popularity, I'd never have guessed Cisco/Vibe, but I'm rather happy to have been wrong.

(BTW, I stopped watching CW Arrowverse stuff a while ago, but did we ever finally get the Vibe, Gypsy, Vixen, Steel, Elongated Man, Martian Manhunter teamup that JLA Detroit fans kept waiting for?)

HNutz

Knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men!
Validated User
You know, of all the characters of the 80s who'd make a comeback in popularity, I'd never have guessed Cisco/Vibe, but I'm rather happy to have been wrong.

(BTW, I stopped watching CW Arrowverse stuff a while ago, but did we ever finally get the Vibe, Gypsy, Vixen, Steel, Elongated Man, Martian Manhunter teamup that JLA Detroit fans kept waiting for?)
No, but they've all appeared, at least.

American Char Mk. III

Validated User

It's also interesting how the successful version of a character re-centers future depictions. Most versions of Vibe in the drafts seem to be more based on the TV Flash version than the comics one. Including, if I remember right, one with the exact opposite luck of this one in mad science pursuits.

Eric the .5b

It's all so esoteric
Validated User
I apologize for being so behind. I'll see if I can whip up something after I can get something to eat.

HNutz

Validated User
OOC: Years and years ago, Bruce Wayne lost his parents to a rogue highwayman and wandered the world after he became bound to Etrigan the Demon.

Today he's an economic superpower who's creating his own "round table" of heroes to fight a threat just over the horizon.

If Bruce Wayne, with all of his wealth and power can't defeat this danger, then perhaps they can.

Spoiler: Show
Jayna was a fly on the wall as Zan listened to Doctor Stein. Some considered his power "lame". And, once upon a time, that could have been accurate. But recently, Zan had been stretching himself... challenging himself. And he's finding inspiration with the good doctor.

She made a mental note to talk to Artemis about Skartaris. Who knows what mystical creatures call that realm home?

*****​

"So, everyone's here." Artemis announced, seemingly bored. "You found us, brought us here for a reason. What's this threat you wanted to tell us about?"

Diana and Zatanna looked at each other. They knew what was coming.

Bruce stood and leaned over the giant wooden table.

"Me." he said, gravely.

*****​

Everyone, even the normally fidgety Wally, quietly stared.

(Wayne) felt, he knows there's an imminent danger on the horizon.
"I've got a demon inside me and I can't hold him forever. He's getting stronger. And, one day, you'll have to face him."

"But I've been preparing for this for quite some time..."

Not one, not two, but five Wayne Towers overlooked the East Coast, with a dedicated rail system connecting them.
"The towers aren't a vanity project. No, they'll serve as a... deterrent for the devil once they're completed."

"Also... I didn't pick your names out of a hat. Another immortal warrior who knows me intimately. A sorcerer who hails from a family of witches. A scientist who can transform into salt or cold iron (and anything in between). A young man who can change into flowing water. An urban hunter. An impulsive genius who's fast on his feet. A woman with the power of any creature she can think of.

There's no one better for this."

*****​

With but a simple incantation the two could trade places and Etrigan could walk upon the mortal Earth once more. Wayne had no control over the rhyming demon or his violence and only his words could curb his bloodlust.

Luckily, the demon's aims coincided with Wayne's... Mostly.
Except when they haven't.

Such as when Etrigan led the Germans to Themyscria.

"Etrigan knows everything I know... but he doesn't know this. I've managed to keep the true reasons behind your recruitment from him, along with the construction of the towers. Even this meeting will be... obscured from his vision." Wayne glanced at Zatanna again.

"I've seen the clues, the unintentional rhyming slipping into normal conversation and... It scares me."

Likewise, a similar issue exists with one particular publication of The Gotham Gazette. No one can confirm the existence of issue #109. But there was no reason for it not to exist... right?

Gotham Gazette: Batman

Bruce Wayne: He's me, for want of a nail. Our stories are quite similar, after all. To me, he represents the path not chosen. And I hope he gets his happy ending. But, in all likelihood... it's a sad, cautionary tale.
Gotham Gazette
: Tim Drake

Bruce Wayne: Seems to be a good kid, full of smarts. But everyone constantly underestimates the size of his heart.
Gotham Gazette:
Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne: ...
I've has my share of demons, tragedies, to be sure. but I'm trying to carve out a legacy of good. To make a better world for the virtuous and pure.

*****​

"I've set aside assets for you. Bunkers, if you choose to use them. Financial resources. Communications. Tech support." He smiled a bit, glancing over towards Wally.

Then, looking around the room, he continued. "You keep doing what you're doing. But keep your eyes open in case I..." His voice trailed off as his eyes met those of Zatanna and Diana.

"Make friends. Learn from each other. And from me, as long as I can help."

"We've got this." He concluded, an optimistic final thought more for his benefit than the others.

OOC: Sooner or later (more like "sooner"), the beast chained to Bruce Wayne's soul is going to free his shackles and will be free to run loose on the world.

VILLAIN PICK REVEALED - Bruce Wayne revealed that he brought the team together to defeat Etrigan the Demon. And he's been planning this for quite a while.

Last edited:

American Char Mk. III

Validated User
So, guess I'm up again.

Time to give the team some trouble.

Rip Hunter wasn't crazy.

That was the whole point of the wall of string, the tinfoil hat, and the machines projecting his thoughts an hour outside of normal time. To keep him from going crazy like the rest of the world.

He didn't know how he found out about Superman in the first place. What had set him apart for a brief, shining moment. But he did know what he'd done about it. Using experimental time travel technology, he'd projected the knowledge to give himself clues, remind himself of the truth, year after year, despite whatever Superman did to erase it. It may have... isolated him. Threw a little of the timeline off balance, left people thinking he was crazy. But he knew the truth, and that was what mattered.

Now Superman was gathering others. An alien. A ghost. A witch. A woman more machine than human. An alien from the future. And a teenager who had hints of something stranger than any of them.

He pretended this was to save the world. But Rip wasn't stupid. Whatever Superman wanted, it had to be sinister. There was nothing more dangerous than letting him continue, letting him turn loose his army on a world that refused to see the truth.

If Maxwell Lord had an army, Rip would need to have something more. A one man army, the power to defeat any opponent.

He would let this "Justice League" have its moment in the sun. Let him pretend, play the hero one last time. Let the world have the folly it wanted. But then, at the peak?

Rip would emerge.

He would be an agent of righteous retribution. A proper Nemesis.

And even if the world had to burn in the process, at every point on the timeline from Atlantis to the 31st century, he would make sure it knew who really deserved the blame.
TLDR: Rip Hunter found the truth about Superman when he was hired for a job years ago, and unlike most people, he had a backup plan when his memory was erased. For years, he's been trying to prove it. And now as Nemesis, he's going to have retribution, no matter the consequences.

HNutz

Validated User
(I'm not sure on times. But I didn't make a new pick, I just clarified my villain pick)

Top Bottom