(Comics/ Animated) I'm surprised you aren't talking about WB's rumoured project

The Question

Retired User
Apparently it's going to be Young Justice.

The rumours started with a post on a toy blog.

[quoteWB has 3 NEW series on their slate, Mystery INC- the new Scooby show, Young Justice, and Bruce Timms CG Green Lantern for 4Q 2011. ALL for Cartoon Network, who originally passed on the new Thundercats. Both Mattel and Hasbro got the series pitch and passed on the toys for couple different reasons. "Lack of cool tech" the big one. But Ban Dai did a hard core play for the rights. They weren't interested in a "Classic" adult line, and thought that the new take on the series was something very different for the toy aisles. Which is what Mattel and Hasbro were afraid of.[/quote]

It's Sorta THE Young Justice. They will be going out with this BIG TIME at Comic Con. From what I saw, it's Martian Girl, Aqualad, Nightwing, Impulse, Arrowette, and Connor Kent[/b[. The poster gives me the tone that it's a cross between JLU and TT. I liked the look a lot. It's not quite Timm-style, but it's not All Murikami'd out like Teen Titans.

The kids were the focus of the poster, in the center, but The JL was behind them.
Then came this quote from voice actress Stephanie Lemelin's website.

http://stephanielemelin.net/wordpress/?p=282

Well, I am beyond thrilled to announce that I was recently cast in the new animated series, YOUNG JUSTICE LEAGUE, based on the famous (and awesome) DC Comics. I seriously could not be more excited about being welcomed into this amazing family… what a fantastic way to start the new year! I will be voicing the character of Arrowette (see ridiculously hot avatar below!!! um, could I love her anymore?) as well as several supporting cast members… Due to the extreme popularity of this series, however, that’s about all I can say… for now. So excited, this is really a dream come true for me, I have ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A SATURDAY MORNING CARTOOON!!! Woohoo!
And now a picture.

While I'm a bit cautious, (it's still a rumour) I hope this comes true. I loved Young Justice when it came out back in the 90's. Little disappointed that there's no Secret in the line up, but hey there's still time.

Also, I'm surprised no one else had mentioned this.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
WHAA!

Young Justice?? Awesome! GL? Possibly awesome, I hope it's not Hal-centric.

TrumpetDC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I may be reading a little too much into this, but it seems from that picture of Arowette, it seems to have a different tone than Young Justice originally had. If I wanted pouty angsty adolescents, I'd stick to the present run of Teen Titans!

The Scribbler

A Flash of Hope
Validated User
I may be reading a little too much into this, but it seems from that picture of Arowette, it seems to have a different tone than Young Justice originally had. If I wanted pouty angsty adolescents, I'd stick to the present run of Teen Titans!
Wasn't Arrowette all "raised to be a badass superheroine whether she wanted it or not" in her origin?

Peter Svensson

Reads Too Many Comics
Validated User
Wasn't Arrowette all "raised to be a badass superheroine whether she wanted it or not" in her origin?
Well, considering that her mom used Lotion-Arrows and Mascara-Arrows and dressed her up in an outfit that would make Lady Gaga blush, not as much with the "badass" but she became one pretty early on.

JdRavnos

Geek Visionary.
Validated User
Well, considering that her mom used Lotion-Arrows and Mascara-Arrows and dressed her up in an outfit that would make Lady Gaga blush, not as much with the "badass" but she became one pretty early on.
Yeah, people I think focus in on the jokey nature of Young Justice but she left the team because she came close to killing a couple of guys responsible for the death of a school therapist that she liked. And the only reason she didn't was because of Superboy's intervention. So PAD would occasionally take the team into some kinda dark places (not as dark as some others, but still occasionally a lot more serious then you'd expect from a mostly lighthearted series)

The Question

Retired User
One of the big plots of the series was that a teenage boy got Superpowers and decided he'd become a villain because it's cool. And that ended with his father shooting him in the head. This book could be dark yo'.

As for the lack of Wonder Girl, I put that down to her being connected to Wonder Woman who is hideously mired in legal shenanigans. I'd say Legal shenanigans would also play into any name changes (Robin becomes Nightwing, Superboy becomes Conner. Impulse stays as Impulse instead of being Kid Flash, since those ID's already featured in a few DC Animated series.)

TrumpetDC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah, people I think focus in on the jokey nature of Young Justice but she left the team because she came close to killing a couple of guys responsible for the death of a school therapist that she liked. And the only reason she didn't was because of Superboy's intervention. So PAD would occasionally take the team into some kinda dark places (not as dark as some others, but still occasionally a lot more serious then you'd expect from a mostly lighthearted series)
Yeah, I read the series and loved it. The dark and serious points were even more powerful to me because the characters weren't sulking all the time.

Like I said, I might be reading too much into it, but this picture of Arrowette looks like some sulking teenager from a WB drama (like One Tree Hill) who's in a superhero costume.

I'll watch the series, though, hoping for the best.

Last edited:
Top Bottom