• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Comics] House of X - the big X-Men relaunch

Varyar

Emilie Dequenne Fanboy
RPGnet Member
Validated User
House of X 2 is out.

It's good, but it's also very odd and I suspect none of any of it will matter, or even last, a year from now. :/

Spoiler: Show
Moira is a mutant suddenly. Okay, sure.

Raise your hand if you also think the whole arc ends with her reincarnating for the last time into the reality we're familiar with, which is also Life 10 up until some point of divergence.

Jhiday

Unrepentant Froggie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Wow, just wow.

This is everything I want out of Hickman's X-Men.

(More detailed thoughts maybe next week, when I come back from an offline vacation.)

Reeze

Zombie Penguin.
Validated User
The obvious question is: So what happened in life six?

Still bloody fantastic - i'm no great fan of the Marvel/DC style of being effectively an eternal saga... but bloody hell, it's nice seeing writers pick up and RUN with what this lets you do

Yo! Master

"Delicious"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Having finally read all 3 issues out, this is certainly Hickman at his most. Remains to be seen at what level it will continue when the actual line starts.

4th of Eleven

Validated User
The obvious question is: So what happened in life six?
The other question is what happened in life nine that led her to change tactics - she'd been adopting increasingly extreme tactics, but something led her to switch from aiding Apocalypse to giving Xavier another go...

NickM

Battlemat JUSTICE!
Validated User
I haven't read the whole thread because spoilers etc. but I was a X-men reader as a teen/into my early 20s and I have great fondness for the characters but have struggled to find a good jumping off point to get back into them. Will this work as that point? I'm a trade buyer so was planing on getting the trades when they are out. It's obviously early to say...

Michael K

Social Justice Dragon
Validated User
It appears to lay down a new base upon which to build, so I think after 3 issues and with all the usual caveats that, yes, this is a good point to return to the X-men.

Dave999

Validated User
The other question is what happened in life nine that led her to change tactics - she'd been adopting increasingly extreme tactics, but something led her to switch from aiding Apocalypse to giving Xavier another go...
Well, we've seen the world where Apocalypse wins. It wasn't exactly a sterling example of Mutant-Human rights. Honestly, between Xavier and Magneto, Apocalypse is the shittiest of the three in terms of rulership.

Not even from a "successful" dictator example - that's Magneto and Doom.

Apocalypse just left a big massive grave.

Dave999

Validated User
I can see them at some point making it so mutants in general age slower than regular humans not just the ones with healing factors (though they'd age even slower) and some possibly not at all. It's not like there aren't already a bunch of mutant and mutant adjacent characters who are older than they look.
In my X-men game, I made use of a sliding time-scale. Magneto buried himself alive killing some Nazis in WW2 and ended up suspended for decades until Charles Xavier dug him out after sensing him on a tour of battlefields.

Magneto's attitude being notable because he goes from WW2 to modern day like Captain America but from the horrifying Eastern Front and not the triumphant American Victory.

I think I had Gabrielle Haller a victim of terrorism in what was a really dark but surprisingly fun story.

Last edited:

NickM

Battlemat JUSTICE!
Validated User
It appears to lay down a new base upon which to build, so I think after 3 issues and with all the usual caveats that, yes, this is a good point to return to the X-men.
Ok, good. I will continue to keep an eye on it.

Top Bottom