• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Comics] House of X - the big X-Men relaunch

empulsive

40-something POC Nerd (he/him)
Validated User
Okay, so is it just me, or is...
Spoiler: Show
Moira IV's life's history seems to be pretty much the basic 616 history, right? The three X-Men group shots we see seem to line up with what we got in the "current" history of the 616, which I am assuming is Moira X's life, given what the timeline says happens and how that lines up with what I think is the current backstory of the universe?

I'm seriously loving this intertwined series, and can't wait to see what happens next. I'm really looking forward to adding this finished saga to me "Hickman Marvel Opus" collection. I recently finished another re-read of almost all his Marvel stuff to date, and it's a fantastic ride, and remarkably cogent. Morrisonian.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Moira IV's life's history seems to be pretty much the basic 616 history, right? The three X-Men group shots we see seem to line up with what we got in the "current" history of the 616, which I am assuming is Moira X's life, given what the timeline says happens and how that lines up with what I think is the current backstory of the universe?

I'm seriously loving this intertwined series, and can't wait to see what happens next. I'm really looking forward to adding this finished saga to me "Hickman Marvel Opus" collection. I recently finished another re-read of almost all his Marvel stuff to date, and it's a fantastic ride, and remarkably cogent. Morrisonian.
I'd really love for the shelf to include a finished SHIELD, but it has an intricate world-building as Avengers/Secret Wars, I'll definitely read it once it hits Unlimited,

ExNihilo

The lesser of two weasels
Validated User

There are key differences, but as the most successful one so far I think she's modeled a lot of the current one on it.

Brian888

Validated User
Shit. This is so good that I may have to forgive Hickman for dropping Black Monday Murders.

Michael K

Social Justice Dragon
Validated User
Shit. This is so good that I may have to forgive Hickman for dropping Black Monday Murders.
I recall reading somewhere that Hickman expects to return to it next year, so it seems more a hiatus thing than an untimely end.

Taraqual

Words words words
Validated User
I recall reading somewhere that Hickman expects to return to it next year, so it seems more a hiatus thing than an untimely end.
And I mean, the sheer insane amount of work Tomm Coker had to put into that comic, I can't imagine him wanting to do that when he's operating at less than full power.

Varyar

Emilie Dequenne Fanboy
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Powers of X 2 is out in the wild.

I have no idea what's going on, but I love it.

Susanoo Orbatos

Social Justice Mindflayer
Validated User
I have a theory about what was implied in this...

Humanity's replacement is an an inevitable point of historical destiny. It may even be written into the universe by the Celestials or some cosmic level stuff. However Mutants aren't the "Only path" but rather one of two. The other is your more standard cyber transhumanism/ Rise of the Machines. This is why the Sentinels ALWAYS happen.

This is why the conflict is moving towards the Phalanx vs the Mutants because its always going to be Mutant vs Machine... but even that may not be the right way of thinking as the World Mind they have become believes that being consumed by the Phalanx will lead to Mutant's next stage.. and I think it might be right full synthesis of both sides of the evolutionary divergence. Mutant and Machine. What the Eternals and Deviants failed at.

Top Bottom