• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Comics] R.I.P. Ernie Colon

Slickpuppy

Another Gentleman Loser
Validated User
Ernie Colon, one of my favorite comic artists, has passed away at age 88, after a year's struggle against cancer. I was first exposed to his work at Marvel in the 70s, where he did a lot of licensed property work, including John Carter, warlord of Mars and Battlestar Galactica. I followed his career eagerly for years; his crisp, fine-lined style was exactly the sort of comic art I like most, and was a big influence on my own style. And he was amazingly versatile. He did super-hero work for the Big Two, like Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld and Damage Control. He did original graphic novels, ranging from surreal SF to political documentaries. And on top of that, he was a longtime fixture at Harvey Comics, doing silly, lovable Casper and Richie Rich stories. The man was a great, and he will be missed.

FMP

Validated User
I see from the linked page that he co-created Arak, Son of Thunder, one of my favorite comics.

csyphrett

Validated User
The grim ghost was awesome. It was too bad Atlas went under before they could move their material out more than four issues
CES

Arethusa

Sophipygian
RPGnet Member
Validated User
He was one of the great comic artists of the twentieth century.

I remember as a kid looking at his superhero work and thinking "Wait, did this guy draw 'Richie Rich'?"

His work will be remembered.

Top Bottom