• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Comics-Related] A Brain-Stopping Question

The Scribbler

A Flash of Hope
Validated User
Credit goes to Chris' Invincible Super-Blog's review of the most recent Birds of Prey issue:

So, what if Jack Kirby had invented the Pokemon?

Discuss.

Jade Bells Ringing

have dice, will travel
RPGnet Member
Validated User
well, basically, he might have gotten Ditko to do the art, a la earlier Dr. Strange. Fantastical? Odd? or just Brilliant?

Peter Svensson

Reads Too Many Comics
Validated User
The world they live in would be more Aztecy. Instead of following one main character, the games would follow a gang of boys.

Hodden

The Great
Validated User
So, the Pokemons would be avatars of god-like aliens who are for whatever reason on Earth?

The Scribbler

A Flash of Hope
Validated User
All good ideas and points. Again, I just sort of stalled out on this one; the only image that came to mind was of a sort of Kirby-fied Pikachu with an ancient space-age mace crackling with electricity and Kirby-dots.

Eric Lofgren

Eye in the Sky
Validated User
All good ideas and points. Again, I just sort of stalled out on this one; the only image that came to mind was of a sort of Kirby-fied Pikachu with an ancient space-age mace crackling with electricity and Kirby-dots.
I couldn't help myself :)

Kirby's work is so far removed from what I do. It's definitely a style that would result from years of drawing comics.

Wraithstrike

Game Creator
Validated User
Good question.

I could go on for ever, so I'll simply say, a thing of surreal beauty and madness that could prevent countdown from happening today.

Agrias oaks

Holy Knight
Validated User
If Kirby did Pokemon....

Well, it would quite possibly be the best thing ever in the history of mankind. All would bow before it.

Top Bottom