• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

(Comics) Your Favorite Superhero Costume Designs

csyphrett

Validated User
So the Ditko version?

I find it looses something without the trenchcoat.
But he also did the street clothes before the O'Neill version.

My problem with the ONeill version is that it doesn't change the colors enough from the issues I had where Vic's suits were already dark, nor does it change his hair enough. The original version was an actual disguise where the brown suit, or check suit, became light blue and the hair changed color too.
This has a picture of the Ditko version with the coat.
This is Paris Cullens Question in jacket and jeans.
CES

Seroster

Miw!
Validated User
Can I take a minute to say that some of the heroes and heroines from Astro City have some awesome costumes? I mean what could be scarier than Jack in the Box? Or how the Confessor is both a priest and a vampire? Or even the greatest hero the Silver Agent?
Yeah, I agree. They even made a guy with a fencing mask as part of his costume look pretty good.

And the Silver Agent costume incorporating the traditional police badge into the shape of his helm was pretty inspired.

Rolzup

Dinoczar
Validated User
I am a little surprised that there's been no attempt to make a superhero costume that incorporates a modern, fully painted, fencing mask like this one:

petros

Validated User
I am a little surprised that there's been no attempt to make a superhero costume that incorporates a modern, fully painted, fencing mask like this one:
Nice!!!

Or the Matador look -

Would mix pretty well with the fencer look IMO. Add a KRISS Vector with silencer instead of the sword if you're going for something like the Punisher, or replace it with a cane if you're going for a Daredevil type.

It was super hard to find a good image of the matador look, BTW. This is the best one I could get in ten minutes.

csyphrett

Validated User
Nice!!!

Or the Matador look -

Would mix pretty well with the fencer look IMO. Add a KRISS Vector with silencer instead of the sword if you're going for something like the Punisher, or replace it with a cane if you're going for a Daredevil type.

It was super hard to find a good image of the matador look, BTW. This is the best one I could get in ten minutes.
Vega had the matador look combined with the ninja mask for street fighter
CES

Olof Jönsson

Tumto Lectis
Validated User
I love the fact that Confessor I's costume has a glowing cross on his chest not because of special effects...

...but because it's a simple white cross touching him.

TrapperQ

Spiker (proof on request)
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Stingray! Check out those lines and that colour scheme.

The original White Tiger. Minimalist as hell.

Catwoman has had a lot of different costumes over the years. I really liked the one from Brubaker's run, with the horn-rimmed goggles.

Spatula

More Ideas Than Time
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I remember coming across Stingray in the old Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe and thinking, "wow, who is this guy?" And then being disappointed to learn that he was a minor Avengers character who had appeared in like one story (at the time), and not anyone particularly noteworthy at all (aside from the cool costume). The costume isn't even all that unusual, aside from the attached fins/cape and the faceless mask. It's the mask which really makes the whole thing stand out IMO.

Top Bottom