• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Continuing explorations of Questionable Content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peers

Order of Cleansing Flame
Validated User
So... are we to applaud Momo for wanting to be human and refusing to get cleaned in the dishwasher as her makers intended, or are we supposed to hope she sees a robot shrink for getting so wrapped up in the "I look human, so I'm going to act human, because I want to be human" charade?

... honestly, if I could stick my body in the dishwasher while my head sat and watched TV for an hour or so, I'd probably do that instead of taking a shower... Momo doesn't realize how good she's got it.

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I was a little worried that Marigold might react with jealousy, but that looks like a "big sister's teasing" smile at the end there, so I think they'll be all right.

Ununnilium

Retired User
I figured it was less "wanting to be human" and more "wanting to be practical". Beyond anything else, a dishwasher cycle's going to take significantly longer than a shower, even beyond disassembly/reassembly time!

Of course, it could also be "wanting to be independent". She's enjoying the free-range-ness of her new chassis!

Kinetic Energy Weapon

flouveida
RPGnet Member
Validated User
How watertight is Momo's new chassis? I halfway expect the next strip to feature frantic calls to tech support.

Also, at what point do we stop calling it a chassis and start calling it a body?

Shadowjack

Cartoon Poet
RPGnet Member
Validated User
How watertight is Momo's new chassis?
I'd figure that a fluid proof structure would be a top requirement for an anime girl bot. She might not be rated for deep sea scuba diving, but I figure she can go swimming with the eels.

Also, at what point do we stop calling it a chassis and start calling it a body?
Why not go the other way? "Hey, Faye, how's your chassis today?" *FAYE-PUNCH* Okay, on second thought…

Wolfwood2

Validated User
Today's comic sparks a thought.

Or maybe it's a complaint. One of the thing that occasionally weirds me about about webcomics is how characters will just sort of casually wander into other people's homes with no particular reason to be there. Why exactly is Hannelore standing around in Marigold's apartment? She doesn't live there. Is there something she wants? Why didn't she hear the shower running when she came in and ask Marigold, "Hey, who's in the shower?"

Moira Monday

Legally a girl
Validated User

Or maybe it's a complaint. One of the thing that occasionally weirds me about about webcomics is how characters will just sort of casually wander into other people's homes with no particular reason to be there. Why exactly is Hannelore standing around in Marigold's apartment? She doesn't live there. Is there something she wants? Why didn't she hear the shower running when she came in and ask Marigold, "Hey, who's in the shower?"
Does Hannelore realize she's in Marigold's apartment? Only the Sleep Deprivation Monster knows!

(alternately, she's in Marigold's apartment because they hang out a lot)

hackmastergeneral

Pope of Chili Town
Validated User

It's not just webcomics. It's a trope in sitcoms as well (see Friends).

But it's in real life too. Every been to a dorm, or building where everyone is students and they all know each other? People just wander in and out of places all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom