• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Control - Telekinesis and Mysterious Janitor Simulator 2019

Agamemnon2

Validated User
Remedy's upcoming game Control was already on my radar because it's surrealist SCP-like atmosphere and nice looking telekinesis physics, but this recent gameplay demo also makes it possibly the most Finnish game ever. :-D
All the weird stuff Ahti says is a word for word translations of Finnish idioms, he's played by veteran actor Martti Suosalo, and his accent is something we usually call "rallienglanti".

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
And teh PC requiremnts are up:

Minimum PC requirements:
Windows 7 (64-bit)
CPU: Intel Core i5-7500 / AMD Ryzen 3 1300X or better
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD RX 580 or better
Ray tracing GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
DirectX: DirectX 11

Recommended PC requirements:
Windows 7 (64-bit)
CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K / AMD Ryzen 7 2700X or better
RAM: 16GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti / AMD Radeon 7 or better
Ray tracing GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080
DirectX: DirectX 11 / 12

Looks like it a for a new Graphics Card

THere are also ray tracing comparion shots

RPS has some compariosn shots with ray tracing on/off.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Launch trailer!

Very excited now. I liked Alan Wake, with the exception of having to read Alan's writing.

Also, this game very much reminds me of the obscure PS2 title, Second Sight. It had similar visuals for telekinesis. Anyone else remember it?

Apparently carrying the weapon our protagonist uses makes you Director of the relevant paranormal management agency. I can see people jumping at a job opportunity like that even if you have to fight monsters. What's the salary package like? Is there a company car? Director's parking space?

I feel like the setting, the Oldest House is a bit of a House of Leaves deal. Hope there's no Minotaur.

Tardigrade

oso de agua
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'd been aware of this thanks to RockPaperShotgun, but hadn't watched any videos. Having done that now, I am so down for this. Fortunately for me it's getting a PS4 release. Anybody else get a vague Blame! vibe from some of the interiors?

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
I feel like awarding leadership of your organisation on "King Arthur Rules" (bearer of the shape-shifting supergun is Director) must violate some kind of US Government hiring rules, or applicable anti-discrimination legislation. :p

Quantum Bob

Fear and Loathing
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I feel like awarding leadership of your organisation on "King Arthur Rules" (bearer of the shape-shifting supergun is Director) must violate some kind of US Government hiring rules, or applicable anti-discrimination legislation. :p
Well, they already seem to violate the laws of physics, so ... ;)

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User
I dunno, seems a very merit-oriented system, you just need to kill the old boss. Who hasn't fantasized about that at least once, amirite?

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I dunno, seems a very merit-oriented system, you just need to kill the old boss. Who hasn't fantasized about that at least once, amirite?
IIRC the Service Weapon can't be just picked up by anybody.
BTW: all of Pictures of the directory get updated automatically which must some quote a bit of money.

Tardigrade

oso de agua
RPGnet Member
Validated User
IIRC the Service Weapon can't be just picked up by anybody.
BTW: all of Pictures of the directory get updated automatically which must some quote a bit of money.
I'll bet they update automatically as soon as the gun allows itself to be picked up by its new wielder. Nobody ever sees it happen, and nobody knows how it happens.

Top Bottom