Copies of THE SASSOON FILES Ordered Destroyed by Chinese Government

jesse_covner

Validated User
Would this be a good place to report some issues with the PDF? Reading through the Sassoon Files, I noticed the pregen character sheets for some of the latter scenarios (page 96 and on) seem to have a layering defect in the PDF where it's got a character portrait of a later character in one of the character info text fields. There's some textbox overflows, too, where the text string exceeds the allowed space.

I noticed it reading on my phone, I'll see if I can verify it on a computer.
Hi. Just noticed this issue thanks to you. I'm baffled by what is causing this as the source files don't have this problem. I think I messed up when creating the latest build. I'll try to fix it today.

We have a thread on yog-sothoth.com for discussing The Sassoon Files.: https://www.yog-sothoth.com/forums/topic/32881-the-sassoon-files-–-spoilers-–-intended-for-keepers-only/ I'ts only for "Keepers" though (mods, if it's not cool to link to other forums I apologize).

Last edited:

Aesthete

A for Aeffort
Validated User
The Sassoon Files mentions the Nationalists and Sun Yat Sen who the PRC consider traitors and also associates with Taiwan.
As I understand it, the PRC does not consider Dr. Sun Yat Sen to be a traitor at all. He's highly respect as a founding father of independent China.

jesse_covner

Validated User
As I understand it, the PRC does not consider Dr. Sun Yat Sen to be a traitor at all. He's highly respect as a founding father of independent China.
You are correct. Sun Yat-sen is a hero of China. His widow (Soong Ching-ling) is also considered to be a hero and for a a brief time was at various times the Vice President of China and the head of state.

Cloud Divider

Validated User
Just a bump. I finished my read-through of the Sassoon Files. Really very cool, and has more than a few ideas that can be extracted whole cloth and dropped into other games.

I definitely like how the general weirdness escalated over the different "modules.". Though I think the last one probably jumped the shark for me - but that's mostly due to the time travel angle. It makes for an interesting climax, but probably not something I'd use in my campaign. Sort of like the end of Convergence(?) in the original Delta Green where the agents end up off world.

I'll come back and post a more thorough review later, one I get this priority project off my plate.

SunlessNick

Mildly Darkened One
Validated User
I finished my read-through of the Sassoon Files. Really very cool, and has more than a few ideas that can be extracted whole cloth and dropped into other games.
What's the ratio of setting material to scenarios? (Extensive setting material within a scenario gets to count for the former).

Cloud Divider

Validated User
It's a little harder for me to have a feel for it off the top of my head - small downside of the PDF rather than a paper copy.

There's quite a bit of interesting setting materiel buried in the adventures, and a fair amount in the lead in prior to the adventures. The lore sheets at the back also provide a fair encapsulated snippet of setting info as well. It's probably more than 50% adventures, maybe as high as 75%.

Top Bottom