Corporation RPG

Gunhex

Quixotic
Validated User
I've just had a flick through an advance copy of this new rpg and I have to say I'm impressed by what I see. For what is essentially a first release from a new company it puts a lot of games to shame. The feel is quite Syndicate and the book really helps carry the look. The system is not going to blow your mind away, but neither is it going to get in your way. The book is a sturdy hardcover, full colour throughout, and even has a bookmark.

I like I say, I haven't had time to go into much depth, but the skim read I have had looks promising.

Gunhex

Quixotic
Validated User
:D

Now there is a question.

In fact, I used to be a huge Cyberpunk fan. I still like Cyberpunk 2020 (and Cybergeneration, but for different reasons), but Cyberpunk v3.0 left a bad taste in my mouth. Corporation might be what I'm after to replace it. Maybe.

Rich Stokes

Validated User
cpV3 left a bad stain on my eyes.

I can't remember ever owning a book that was so horrible to look at.

But enough of that.

When Corp was first mentioned here a couple of months ago, there was a general slamming of the artwork on the game's website. As in "The arrtwork looks like shit, that's put me right off". Having seen the artwork on the site, I can kinda agree with the sentiment (I didn't really think it was all that good myself, but y'know, crappy art wasn't what I didn't like about cpV3).

What you're saying seems to imply that the artwork that made it into the actual book is rahter better. Is that the case?

Gunhex

Quixotic
Validated User
Nope. From the look of the site it's the same artwork. Not all of it is brilliant, but I personally don't think any of it is awful. I guess the best arguement is to hold a copy of CPunk v3.0 alongside Corporation and watch CPunk slink off in embarrassment.

I guess you have to like Photoshop skillz to like the art in Corporation. That and katanas, which have been done to death in other rpg's. But then, this is a cyberpunk (genre) game, it needs its cool Japanese bladez.

In all seriousness, I never would have thought the art got slammed if you hadn't told me. I have seen so much worse in rpgs over the years, and here we have a well laid out full colour book. I guess I'm willing to cut them a lot of slack just for that.

Rich Stokes

Validated User
I have seen so much worse in rpgs over the years, and here we have a well laid out full colour book. I guess I'm willing to cut them a lot of slack just for that.
To be honest, a well laid out full colour book is pretty much the norm these days. It's barely comment worthy anymore.

Intrigued about the game though (and I thought the idea of a laser katana was silly enough to be a lot of fun. Talk about fan service!). What is the system like then?

Gunhex

Quixotic
Validated User
To be honest, a well laid out full colour book is pretty much the norm these days. It's barely comment worthy anymore.
Maybe so, but the first release from a new company? I thought it note-worthy.

Intrigued about the game though (and I thought the idea of a laser katana was silly enough to be a lot of fun. Talk about fan service!). What is the system like then?
Simple enough. Roll 2d10 and get underneath your stat+skill. Oh, and no humanity bollocks with cyberware.

Top Bottom