Corporation RPG

Hello

I'm from Core Games Publishing in the UK and am here to answer any questions you might have about Corporation.

Sorry we haven't posted on many sites until now. Things have been busy but we're on schedule and pre-orders are all due to be sent out on time.

As regards American distribution, the books are currently only available direct from the UK but that may all change soon, I'll keep you informed.

Thanks for reading,

Harker
http://www.corpgame.com

Gunhex

Quixotic
Validated User
Right Saz, I've had a look and this is what I've dug up for you.

How well detaled is the offworld colony?
About as well as most other locations. The book has a nice way of doing this which is to take an area, specify it's basic geography, deal with it's movers and shakers, and then end with a list of possible adventure seeds. So far there are colonies all the way from Venus to Saturn.

What kind of space travel is there?
Something called FarDrive, which I haven't tracked down details of yet. I have found travel times though, Earth to the Moon is 20 hours for instance.

Please write in DETAIL about the psi system. I asked the authors over on the website (and they are very swift to answer questions) and they said there was a psi system in place. They did not mention much in addition to that though, so I want to know what KINDS of powers are available. Telekinesis? Pyro/cryokinesis? And what about that psi-katana entry on the character sheet on the website, can a psi user manifest the katana from nothing? And does the psi system run on powerpoints, or fatigue, or something else?
Well, I don't want to go in to too much detail, but there at about half a dozen versatile powers of the usual spectrum. You can read minds, throw people about, and yes - summon a psiblade. Everything is powered by TE (Telepathic Energy) points I think.

What kind of implants are available? (things like nightvision are probably a given, but what about retractable laser guns and shouldermounted swiveling, bazookas? :D )
I haven't gone too deep into this but the list is pretty good Cyberpunk fair. Given we already have laser-katanas I imagine there will be some cool stuff here.

Is there a virtual cyber net which the characters can hack, and perhaps explore in virtual identities, engage in virtual combat, etc etc? (say a whole new game within a game concept)
Actually I forgot to look for this bit, sorry.

How dangeous is combat?
Without playing I couldn't really comment. I guess it depends on how much cyberware you are packing.

About character generation itself, does the game use the equivelent of 'feats/edges/advantages' found in other games?
Not that I saw, but I could have missed it.

Are there any classes, or is it completely class less?
Nope, the closest thing are which corporation you work for.

Hope that helps.

Gunhex

Gunhex

Quixotic
Validated User
Does it have pages and pages of gun pr0n?

(Apart from the laser katanas)
Not as such. It has examples of weapons throughout the book (some pictures are good, some not so), but guns appear to be treated by class rather than make. Which is a good idea in my book. I'm certainly not left wanting for handcannons after reading the list.

I think people will look at things with their own biases. Because I see the stuff talked about in this thread and think it might be the system that can handle GitS:SAC. (Not at all interested in the movies.) But then I'd probably say, why would you even want to emulate Neuromancer even if you could, it's a very dated book. See my biases. ;)
Ah, I understand. In which case yes, the book can probably handle GitS. Though I don't know about the mechs/Tachikoma.

I personally find nothing either remarkable or objectionable about the artwork; it's average. My bigger question is: what are the mechanics, fluff, and editing like?
I think that is for someone with a finer toothed comb than me to go over. I haven't found a spelling mistake yet, but I am skim reading. The fluff is fine, but I haven't found anything that stands out yet.

Falke

From the Deep!
Validated User
Hello

I'm from Core Games Publishing in the UK and am here to answer any questions you might have about Corporation.

Sorry we haven't posted on many sites until now. Things have been busy but we're on schedule and pre-orders are all due to be sent out on time.

As regards American distribution, the books are currently only available direct from the UK but that may all change soon, I'll keep you informed.

Thanks for reading,

Harker
http://www.corpgame.com
Thanks!

Once it's out properly I'll probably go ahead and order direct from you, but I just don't want to deal with an internation pre-order right now.

Wombat

Hardened Cynical B'Stard
Validated User
Only 1 week to wait for the release now.

Gunhex - have you had an opportunity to give this a bit more of a read and if so
what are your impressions now.

My copy has just turned up on my doorstep today :)

From only a very quick look over it is very well put together, has a nice strong binding and a fabric bookmark.
Paper is of high glossy quality and the artwork is well done and of various types (digital,ink etc).
The run through of chapters is in a logical sense and so should be easy to use but I will know more later after reading it more.

So from a first look Im impressed.

From only a very quick look over it is very well put together, has a nice strong binding and a fabric bookmark.
Paper is of high glossy quality and the artwork is well done and of various types (digital,ink etc).
The run through of chapters is in a logical sense and so should be easy to use but I will know more later after reading it more.

Please let know how it plays. Thanks

JonA

Semi-retired Mod
RPGnet Member

Swine. I ordered mine three weeks ago and it's not arrived. Jane at Core Games promises me it was sent out on Wednesday! Itching to have a look.

Swine. I ordered mine three weeks ago and it's not arrived. Jane at Core Games promises me it was sent out on Wednesday! Itching to have a look.
I ordered mine before then and the post date on my parcel is the 27th so that was Wednesday.If its any help I phone Jane today and she said that the pre-orders have all gone out, Remember good things come to those who wait :)

Top Bottom