Corporation RPG

JonA

Semi-retired Mod
RPGnet Member
Got my copy on saturday! Wow! This is visually awesome. The rules seem fairly intuitive. It does cater for the powergamer but is nicely balanced to that end of the scale. I've not finished reading it but I am contemplating my first ever RPGnet review for it.

TrvShane

Stumblin' around the net...
Validated User
I got my copy a few days ago and I'm reading it as quickly as I can between required family stuff (damned vacations). So far I really like what I see, though I have a few things I am not so sure how they will work in execution but I'll hold judgement until I have finished my read through at least *grin*.

Incidentally, as Core Games Publishing don't have a forum there is one starting up at http://www.deniableresources.co.uk/forum .

Take care,

Shane

Wombat

Hardened Cynical B'Stard
Validated User
My copy arrived (in Brisbane) yesterday. It looks good.... now I have to quickly finish a uni assignment before I can really get into reading it. But what I've read so far looks good.
BTW - Full marks to whoever packaged this. Definately one of the best packaged orders I have received from anyone.

JonA

Semi-retired Mod
RPGnet Member
My copy arrived (in Brisbane) yesterday. It looks good.... now I have to quickly finish a uni assignment before I can really get into reading it. But what I've read so far looks good.
BTW - Full marks to whoever packaged this. Definately one of the best packaged orders I have received from anyone.
Tell me about it. I thought I'd have to get out a chainsaw to get into it! Not that I'm complaining. The book was in pristine condition as a result.

JonA

Semi-retired Mod
RPGnet Member
So detail on the mechanics/editing/etc?

Wha, I'm a system junky.
Stat (1-10) + skill (1-10) modified by difficulty and situation modifiers = target number. Roll under this with 2D10. Amount of points you pass by determines how well you do. Critical success on a double 1. Critical fail on a double 0. Some weapons critical on other doubles depending on quality of the weapon. Roll damage based on weapon/ammo type (2D8, 6D6, 3D10 etc) and reduce by armour of target. Any points that get through are removed from Hit Points.

Pretty no frills and not exactly original but does the job required of it.

Editing is good. No obvious typos or editing issues as yet.

JonA

Semi-retired Mod
RPGnet Member
How are advancement and creation schemes like?
Skills and stats are improved by spending XPs (cost goes up based on the level). Characters also have a Rank within the Corporation/World Government which gives them access to better equipment, more money, more authority etc. This is improved with Rank Points (RPs).

Creation is pretty quick and painless. All stats default at seven and you balance them out by removing points of one to add on another. No random generation. Skills and licences (licences give you authority to use proscribed equipment, do illegal things etc) are pre-determined eg; at chargen you get x1 skill at level 8, x1 skill at level 7, x2 skills at level 6 etc.

Pretty basic.

Top Bottom