• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[creative] April Painting Thread

Petter Wäss

I am agape with fnords
Validated User
I figured I might as well :)

Ah well, here's a newly painted Death Korps Commisar, aka the most useless unit on the roster.
Not too good images, camre had issue trying to focus on a shiny (because I ran out of my matte varnish spray, so he got satin'd instead) dude in black with a really dark leather coat.

Next project: WHO stormtroopers with vaccine shotguns, from that one twitter post. You know the one.

Petter Wäss

I am agape with fnords
Validated User
I think the satin really works for the coat.
He looks quite fancy IRL but the shine makes it a bit harder to photo (normally I use a very matte spray and then manually brish water effects on lenses or other things I want shiny.)

AlphaAsh

Miserable Git
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Great work there Petter. Especially like the power glove.

Here's my progress on my "unidentified now identified" chapter that I started on early last year, right when I got back into the hobby.

The Redeemed Ghosts

There's no real structure to this force and I just add what I like when I like. They've gone through a lot of different names, different backstories, but I keep coming back to the idea of various MIA loyalist marines in and around the Eye of Terror, from various chapters, being pulled together by some charismatic commander.

The latest additions are that lunatic with the jump-pack and auto-cannon and the two chaplains.

The Discerning Gentleman

Has Transcended
Validated User
Finally finished all my Descent mini's. Nothing fancy. Since the mini's are originally color coded to identify the master monster, I just put some gemstones on them instead. What's next? DOOM!

Mercurial Sea

Smart Went Crazy
Validated User
I'd been hoping to finish these just under the wire for March, but basing has three steps that require waiting hours - ideally overnight - before you can start the next step, so I've been doing that since Sunday. But my Morsarr Guard are done now! Painting them came together surprisingly fast, tho given my two previous projects that's probably not surprising.

Individual model pics under the cut, plus a bonus shot of all my painted Idoneth because I wanted to see how they looked together.

Spoiler: Show

Not bad. Now, I just need to paint two Allopexes (in progress), a Tidecaster, Lotann, Volturnos, and the Eidolon of Mathlann. Oh, and buy a Soulrender and a Start Collecting box and assemble and paint those.

Scutarii

Validated User
Finally finished all my Descent mini's. Nothing fancy. Since the mini's are originally color coded to identify the master monster, I just put some gemstones on them instead. What's next? DOOM!

Those are great! The bat winged ones would make good proxies for Crypt Flayers in AoS if that game ever caught your eye.

Scutarii

Validated User
I'd been hoping to finish these just under the wire for March, but basing has three steps that require waiting hours - ideally overnight - before you can start the next step, so I've been doing that since Sunday. But my Morsarr Guard are done now! Painting them came together surprisingly fast, tho given my two previous projects that's probably not surprising.

Individual model pics under the cut, plus a bonus shot of all my painted Idoneth because I wanted to see how they looked together.

Spoiler: Show

Not bad. Now, I just need to paint two Allopexes (in progress), a Tidecaster, Lotann, Volturnos, and the Eidolon of Mathlann. Oh, and buy a Soulrender and a Start Collecting box and assemble and paint those.
So...just a small project left to go then 😁

Those look fantastic and all together really cohesive. The basing brings them all together really well.

Handigar

Validated User

I love the beach bases.

Top Bottom