IC Crinoverse: Challengers of the Infinite (MnM 3rd Ed)

Yeoman

Validated User
Link to two first adventures
OOC Thread

Recap for those joining us:

Our group were passengers aboard Earth's first commercial interstellar ship. But just as the ship reached the edge of the system and was preparing to jump, it came under fire from space pirates. The PCs managed to repel the boarders but were in the rear section where it was ejected from the ship to prevent the passengers being killed by the hyperdrive explosion.

Miraculously, they survived. Now living on borrowed time, they found themselves on the moon of Yavin IV, where they went into an old Force temple to rescue a religious order. There they confronted the mad Jedi turned droid Rur. But after his defeat, all were stunned when a new malefactor, The Master, appeared and tore the crystal housing Rur's mind from his droid body.

In his make they found a journal around Rur's things, the Book of the Infinite. Pages torn from the Book of Destiney that detail the Infinity Stones.

Returning to Earth they followed the clues within to the Ghostbusters, and in turn to Doctor Strange. This led them to the resting place of the Reality Stone, and a confrontation with Dracula, which they narrowly won. They have left the Stone with the Doctor while he attempts to read the Book for locations on the other four stones.

Which brings us to now.

You've all been boarding in the creeptastic Sanctum Sanctorum for the last week, when Ray finally gets some good news. Using his connection with the plumbers, he's managed to find you all a ship. The Hedgehog's Dilemma is more than a little rough around the edges, but as a heavily modified VCX-100 light freighter, it's got what you need in terms of living space, capacity, speed and durability.

Kreuzritter

Validated User
"I do not know anything about spaceships," Zinxia says, "but this looks unimpressive enough for our needs, Ray."

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
Mary Martin
HP: 1; Conditions: None

"Hey, ship: do you have a mind? I mean one we can communicate with? Hastag I'm trying not to make the usual mistake of assuming something is un-sapient!"

Yeoman

Validated User
Mary Martin

"Hey, ship: do you have a mind? I mean one we can communicate with? Hastag I'm trying not to make the usual mistake of assuming something is un-sapient!"
No response. Looks like it's just a ship. Unless Ray decides to install an AI.

Mettaur2

Man of Battle
Validated User
Ray Jupiter -- Rookie Plumber
HP: 1, Cnd: Normal

"I'll admit, it's a little more... Dated than what I requisitioned."
Ray said with a sigh as he pushed a crate up into the ship, filled with various rations and supplies that would be needed to last them on their long journey.

It had been an awkward week when he had gotten back in touch with HQ. Explaining away how he had survived the supposed destruction of the Blackrock-Stark ship and recounting their travels to the distant Yavin system. Fortunately they had been able to cross-reference his report with the cybertronians to verify much of what he had reported. The true challenge had been in explaining away the Infinity Stones, as he had been as thorough as he could in reporting what he had learned and the threat posed upon the galaxy if the other stones were not recovered before they fell in the wrong hands.

In the end, he had gotten assistance. But, perhaps not quite to the level he had hoped.

"Still, as you say it is 'unimpressive'. We shouldn't draw much attention where we travel." He commented with a nod of his head, resting a hand on his hip as he looked around the interior. "A little TLC, and we could actually get this old girl back into it's prime."

Yeoman

Validated User
It had been an awkward week when he had gotten back in touch with HQ. Explaining away how he had survived the supposed destruction of the Blackrock-Stark ship and recounting their travels to the distant Yavin system. Fortunately they had been able to cross-reference his report with the cybertronians to verify much of what he had reported. The true challenge had been in explaining away the Infinity Stones, as he had been as thorough as he could in reporting what he had learned and the threat posed upon the galaxy if the other stones were not recovered before they fell in the wrong hands.
[/COLOR]
It's... actually a little worse than that. You're all legally dead. Well, not Payback thanks to the US's antiquated AI laws, but the rest of you. Fortunately, most of you can get around that with a little work given this thing happens quite a bit in super-hero circles, but for the time being, everyone thinks you died when the back end of the ship exploded and the only one who survived was President Rogers.

But, hey, good news there. Rogers pretty handily seized control of the HMS Voyager, piloted it back to Earth, turning the crew over to SWORD.

Kreuzritter

Validated User
It's... actually a little worse than that. You're all legally dead. Well, not Payback thanks to the US's antiquated AI laws, but the rest of you. Fortunately, most of you can get around that with a little work given this thing happens quite a bit in super-hero circles, but for the time being, everyone thinks you died when the back end of the ship exploded and the only one who survived was President Rogers.

But, hey, good news there. Rogers pretty handily seized control of the HMS Voyager, piloted it back to Earth, turning the crew over to SWORD.
"I have been busy contemplating the holocron," Zinxia asks, "Megan, Payback, have you gotten in touch with your families?"

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
Mary Martin
Mary just sends out a "Hey, I'm not dead, but I can't tell you what I'm doing now because it's soooooooper secret. Ooooooooo dot dot dot."

And only after being convinced she might hate her fans after finding out she'd been alive without telling them MORE than the stupid UFO peole who would have left her alone thinking she was dead.

Yeoman

Validated User
Mary Martin

Mary just sends out a "Hey, I'm not dead, but I can't tell you what I'm doing now because it's soooooooper secret. Ooooooooo dot dot dot."

And only after being convinced she might hate her fans after finding out she'd been alive without telling them MORE than the stupid UFO peole who would have left her alone thinking she was dead.
More you're legally dead. You can get in touch with friends, family and YouTube followers pretty easily. Just anything that needs you to be legally alive will be a pain. On the other hand, no jury duty.

Stavaros-the-arcane

Validated User
"I have been busy contemplating the holocron," Zinxia asks, "Megan, Payback, have you gotten in touch with your families?"
Mary Martin

Payback has taken to longing around different parts of the ship. "I have sent my family a secure email with a briefing on my status, as well as an apology for my delay of return. They will miss me, but won't do anything rash like try to restore a memory back-up on new hardware. That would be awkward. Fortunately I don't have to worry about legal bureaucracy of being considered alive or dead like you organics, saves paperwork. Cool to hear the President survived. If I was allowed to vote I would totally do so come election time."

Top Bottom