• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Crinoverse: Challengers of the Infinite (MnM 3rd Ed)

Kreuzritter

Registered User
Validated User
Ohwon
Condition: Normal
HP: 1


Ohwon has been silently staring in awe as she’s been shown around the ship properly. She got a decent look at it before, but now that she’s on an actual proper tour, she’s seen so much amazing tech. So many systems to study that it’s practically making her processeors freeze up!



“Oooh ooh ooh! Can I join in too?” Ohwon asks excitedly “I’ve been meaning to put my different forms into more rigourous combat excercises, and you Saiyan guys are, like, the best fighting guys around!”
"Hrmm," Ziggy muses, "I suppose there's not much point in showing an Artillect the baths

At this point, a large crashing sound can be heard from just around the corner, followed by Megan shouting. “Aw, c’mon! I’m already late!”

She comes around the corner, examining her camera with one hand...and carrying a heavily packed suitcase over her shoulder with the other. “Please don’t be broken, please don’t be broken...”

Not paying attention to where she’s going, she bumps into Ziggy and it causes her to let go of her suitcase, which bursts open upon colliding with the ground, sending its clothes flying everywhere. She curses to herself as she moves to repack the case, before realising that she bumped into someone. She looks up at Ziggy and the others, and then back down at the spilled case, and then back up at the others.

“So, uh, this is awkward...” she mumbles “In my defence, I was gonna tell you all...after the trial...and after I found a hotel...Okay, yeah, this is pretty crappy of me.”
"People come and go all the time in my life," Ziggy says, leaving the Saiyans and Ohwon to their sparring as the gravity room's door closes, helping Megan re-pack her bag, "and honestly, I'm used to my friends up and leaving without warning or so much as a good bye, for it's sadly a common state of affairs on Malva. But, that's how I met you all, after Mr. Hale, Captain Thunderchild and the others left me on Sakaar. And since then, you've all taken me on a grand adventure, even though I had to fill the shoes of your masked friend. But for now, enough about me. this moment, and so many more to come, are about you, and as your friend, Megan, I should be listening, if only so I can repeat your words to the others. And if you don't, then let me just tell you the first words of Earthlish I ever learned, that apply no matter where you go from here."

"Bona To Vada," he says, "It means 'Nice To See You', or more importantly, 'There You Are'. I learned it from a place called Danny. If you ever go there, give them a hello from me.. and there I go again making this about me..."
 

PauloDeWalshio

Registered User
Validated User
"Bona To Vada," he says, "It means 'Nice To See You', or more importantly, 'There You Are'. I learned it from a place called Danny. If you ever go there, give them a hello from me.. and there I go again making this about me..."
"When don't you make it about you, Ziggy?" Megan snarks, smiling warmly at her soon-to-be-former teammate. She looks down at her camera for a few moments, before gazing back up at Ziggy. "Look, it's just that...well, I never really sought out being a hero. Both my parents are heroes, but I...just never had much of an interest in it. The only reason I became Vanguard was to take my dad's place until he got back. And now I'm in freakin' space and I'm helping to look for weird space rocks that control the universe and I'm going up against a Time Lord - still not over that, by the way - and Dracula and God knows what else and...I just can't help but think 'Why am I here? What do I bring to the table?'. I'm not a leader like Ray, I'm not savvy about how this all works like Mary, I'm not powerful like Parsley, and I'm not charismatic like you. But, you know what I bring to the table?"

She holds up her camera. "This; I'm a journalist, and a damn good one, if I do say so myself, but that's not really gonna help much with the whole Infinity Stones thing, is it? Not unless Time Lords are really camera shy, at least. And if I'm focused on that, then I'm having to ignore so much of the big crap that's going on out here. Stuff that Earth deserves to know about, but it just...doesn't, because there's no one out here trying to keep them informed. There's a war going on, and the Avengers are involved in it, but I can guarantee you that Joe from Minnesota has no clue about any of it. Megatron is on trial right now, and I bet you Earth won't even hear about it for months. But if, I'm out here, and I'm letting people know just what the hell is happening...well, I don't know what will happen, but I gotta believe it's much better than them not knowing anything at all."

Megan and Ziggy have finished packing up the case by this point. She stands up and slings the case over her shoulder again. "Earth doesn't need Vanguard, it's got plenty of people like her. But...I think it needs Megan Morrison. Does that make sense?"
 

Yeoman

Registered User
Validated User
"Huh. I thought you'd be taller." Payback remarks. She immediately identified this individual as someone with an oversized ego that needed to be taken down a peg or two.
"HA! This is only a temporary setback! Now that I've given my testimony the Autobots will be required to treat me as a prisoner and give me a new body! I mean, sure... I'll be in prison, but I've done time before during the war."

"First rule of Kaon is find whoever is working for Swindle and get the contraband flowing in!"

1d20+14=31

Parsley is more startled than hurt by the attack.

"Okay. right idea, but let me set the gravity first there big guy." Parsley flies over to the console, "Lets start it light with ten times gravity. Just like back home, then we can work our way up."

Parsley sets the gravity then gets into a fighting stance. "Okay go."
Ohwon
Condition: Normal
HP: 1


Ohwon has been silently staring in awe as she’s been shown around the ship properly. She got a decent look at it before, but now that she’s on an actual proper tour, she’s seen so much amazing tech. So many systems to study that it’s practically making her processeors freeze up!



“Oooh ooh ooh! Can I join in too?” Ohwon asks excitedly “I’ve been meaning to put my different forms into more rigourous combat excercises, and you Saiyan guys are, like, the best fighting guys around!”
Broly's eyes start shifting between the two of you and you can almost feel his hackles rising, preparing to defind himself from two sides.
 

Mettaur2

Man of Battle
Validated User
"HA! This is only a temporary setback! Now that I've given my testimony the Autobots will be required to treat me as a prisoner and give me a new body! I mean, sure... I'll be in prison, but I've done time before during the war."
"I suppose so, you are entitled to a certain level of dignity and respect as a prisoner." Ray did agree, it made sense and was appropriate yet there was just a certain way he seemed to be 'taking advantage' of that legal protection that was a touch grating.

"And may I ask what your testimony consisted of?" He had time till they had to give their own, and sitting in the room waiting left him little understanding of what was currently going on outside. If nothing else, he'd like to get an idea of what was preceding them before they approached as a group.
 

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
Mary Martin
HP: 1; Conditions: None

Mary sighs and props him up on a chair or something. "Don't know why I'm being helpful to such an obvious scumbag," she mumbles.
 

Kreuzritter

Registered User
Validated User
"When don't you make it about you, Ziggy?" Megan snarks, smiling warmly at her soon-to-be-former teammate. She looks down at her camera for a few moments, before gazing back up at Ziggy. "Look, it's just that...well, I never really sought out being a hero. Both my parents are heroes, but I...just never had much of an interest in it. The only reason I became Vanguard was to take my dad's place until he got back. And now I'm in freakin' space and I'm helping to look for weird space rocks that control the universe and I'm going up against a Time Lord - still not over that, by the way - and Dracula and God knows what else and...I just can't help but think 'Why am I here? What do I bring to the table?'. I'm not a leader like Ray, I'm not savvy about how this all works like Mary, I'm not powerful like Parsley, and I'm not charismatic like you. But, you know what I bring to the table?"

She holds up her camera. "This; I'm a journalist, and a damn good one, if I do say so myself, but that's not really gonna help much with the whole Infinity Stones thing, is it? Not unless Time Lords are really camera shy, at least. And if I'm focused on that, then I'm having to ignore so much of the big crap that's going on out here. Stuff that Earth deserves to know about, but it just...doesn't, because there's no one out here trying to keep them informed. There's a war going on, and the Avengers are involved in it, but I can guarantee you that Joe from Minnesota has no clue about any of it. Megatron is on trial right now, and I bet you Earth won't even hear about it for months. But if, I'm out here, and I'm letting people know just what the hell is happening...well, I don't know what will happen, but I gotta believe it's much better than them not knowing anything at all."

Megan and Ziggy have finished packing up the case by this point. She stands up and slings the case over her shoulder again. "Earth doesn't need Vanguard, it's got plenty of people like her. But...I think it needs Megan Morrison. Does that make sense?"
"It's one of the oldest precepts isn't it?" Ziggy muses "the power of information, and how many worlds believe it belongs amidst the people. Be honored, Friend Megan. So few realize their true calling, especially when it is easily overshadowed by other gifts in their life. I can supply you with a cambot or two and passage back to earth, but honestly, the others know you far better than I, and they deserve to hear it from you.. you know, in the event that to stop the Master, we're all fated to die glorious deaths as we lay our lives down for the cosmos or somesuch. Not that it could happen but... I don't think you'll get another chance to see us before this is over."
 

PauloDeWalshio

Registered User
Validated User
Ohwon
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Broly's eyes start shifting between the two of you and you can almost feel his hackles rising, preparing to defind himself from two sides.
Ohwon shifts into her Crusher form and starts excitedly looking between Broly and Parsley. "So, like, who's gonna go first? Me? Parsley? Broly? I know that question doesn't normally get asked in a combat scenario, but I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here. Don't want to steal someone's thunder, y'know? Am I overthinking this? I'm probably overthinking this. Y'know what, I'll go first."

And with that, she swings around and slams her fist down on Parsley.

OOC: Attack Roll vs Parsley: 1d20+10 20 DC 25 Toughness if that hits.


----

"It's one of the oldest precepts isn't it?" Ziggy muses "the power of information, and how many worlds believe it belongs amidst the people. Be honored, Friend Megan. So few realize their true calling, especially when it is easily overshadowed by other gifts in their life. I can supply you with a cambot or two and passage back to earth, but honestly, the others know you far better than I, and they deserve to hear it from you.. you know, in the event that to stop the Master, we're all fated to die glorious deaths as we lay our lives down for the cosmos or somesuch. Not that it could happen but... I don't think you'll get another chance to see us before this is over."
Megan sighs. "I know, I know I should stick around enough to say it to everyone. It's just...gah, I've never been great at goodbyes and I don't wanna feel like I'm letting them down or somethin'. I know that's dumb, but it's just...I dunno, it's just somethin' I'm worryin' about."
 

Yeoman

Registered User
Validated User
Ohwon
Condition: Normal
HP: 1



Ohwon shifts into her Crusher form and starts excitedly looking between Broly and Parsley. "So, like, who's gonna go first? Me? Parsley? Broly? I know that question doesn't normally get asked in a combat scenario, but I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here. Don't want to steal someone's thunder, y'know? Am I overthinking this? I'm probably overthinking this. Y'know what, I'll go first."

And with that, she swings around and slams her fist down on Parsley.

OOC: Attack Roll vs Parsley: 1d20+10 20 DC 25 Toughness if that hits.
As you strike, Broly's eyes dart at you. You're not sure if he targets you because you went first or because your attention is focused elsewere, but he lunges as you. (If a 15 hits, DC 30 Toughness))

"I suppose so, you are entitled to a certain level of dignity and respect as a prisoner." Ray did agree, it made sense and was appropriate yet there was just a certain way he seemed to be 'taking advantage' of that legal protection that was a touch grating.

"And may I ask what your testimony consisted of?" He had time till they had to give their own, and sitting in the room waiting left him little understanding of what was currently going on outside. If nothing else, he'd like to get an idea of what was preceding them before they approached as a group.
"As a former Senator and Megatron's right hand bot for the majority of the great war, I was able to testify as to Megatron's numerous atrocities! How he corrupted poor innocent bots (and senators) into following his schemes as he descended into madness!" (Any of the three of you can make an insight check).


Mary Martin
HP: 1; Conditions: None

Mary sighs and props him up on a chair or something. "Don't know why I'm being helpful to such an obvious scumbag," she mumbles.
"Thank you, Fleshling!"
 

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Ohwon
Condition: Normal
HP: 1



Ohwon shifts into her Crusher form and starts excitedly looking between Broly and Parsley. "So, like, who's gonna go first? Me? Parsley? Broly? I know that question doesn't normally get asked in a combat scenario, but I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here. Don't want to steal someone's thunder, y'know? Am I overthinking this? I'm probably overthinking this. Y'know what, I'll go first."

And with that, she swings around and slams her fist down on Parsley.

OOC: Attack Roll vs Parsley: 1d20+10 20 DC 25 Toughness if that hits.


----



Megan sighs. "I know, I know I should stick around enough to say it to everyone. It's just...gah, I've never been great at goodbyes and I don't wanna feel like I'm letting them down or somethin'. I know that's dumb, but it's just...I dunno, it's just somethin' I'm worryin' about."
1d20+14=22 -1.

Parsley rubs her face. "Very nice." But more like this.

Parsley swings at Ohwon.

1d20+6=17, DC 29 if that hits.
 

Stavaros-the-arcane

Registered User
Validated User
"HA! This is only a temporary setback! Now that I've given my testimony the Autobots will be required to treat me as a prisoner and give me a new body! I mean, sure... I'll be in prison, but I've done time before during the war."

"First rule of Kaon is find whoever is working for Swindle and get the contraband flowing in!"
Payback has the mental image of this annoying talking head attached to a roomba, as well as a series of other comically undersized or poor quality replacement bodies.

Mary Martin
HP: 1; Conditions: None

Mary sighs and props him up on a chair or something. "Don't know why I'm being helpful to such an obvious scumbag," she mumbles.
"Because you are better than said obvious scumbag so you can be good to others if you want and there's nothing they can do about it." Payback replies.

"As a former Senator and Megatron's right hand bot for the majority of the great war, I was able to testify as to Megatron's numerous atrocities! How he corrupted poor innocent bots (and senators) into following his schemes as he descended into madness!" (Any of the three of you can make an insight check).
Payback doesn't need to have Acute Olfactory tracking systems to smell the bullshit coming off of Starscream. While Payback has no doubt that the atrocities mentioned occurred and would be plenty damning, she was equally sure that Starscream would conveniently downplay his own involvement and shift as much blame solely onto Megatron as he could get away with to lessen his own punishment.

"Ah. I see." Payback did nothing to downplay the skepticism in her voice.

Insight 1d20+8: 25 [1d20=17]
 
Top Bottom