IC Crinoverse: Disaster Day

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
Everyone

With the MDD fixed the job of cleaning up the prison becomes....well, kind of easier: most of the prisoners were never powered to begin with, and a few still either got away because they were out of range or broke their shackles. But it meant that one Isis, Angela, and Hard Knocks had been treated and woke up they were just average humans and quite easy to control.

With the guards eventually gaining back control of the prison Heart and Bio-Freak are finally able to "rescue" that one last high-security prisoner. You also eventually end up back in the warden's office being briefed by Agent Lang and Lieutenant Abrams on all the prisoners who got away:

".....and finally the prisoners detained in the September 14th raid on the Midtown SHADOW base raid: Roger Black, aka Bloodskull; Doppelganger, no other identity known; Emil Jeste--"

Bio-Freak, upon hearing that name, your brain immediately decides it wants to do this:
Spoiler: Show

You have no idea exactly why.

"......all of whom were being held in the high security cells," Agent Lang finishes.

Lieutenant Abrams scoffs. "SHADOW doesn't have the organizational capability to put together an earthquake just to spring a few minions from jail."

Abrams turns to our group. "On before of AEGIS I'd like to extend an offer to work with you heroes in dealing with the aftermath and tracking down the escaped criminals." She passes each of you a communicator with the AEGIS logo. "These will allow us to stay in touch with one another."

OOC: Please have your hero accept the communicators just for the fact that it makes it easy to coordinate them when the next part starts on Monday.

We can still RP this bit if you want anyone to have reservations or ask about escaped prisoners.

kenseido

Validated User
Ronin

Despite his inherent mistrust of them, Ronin takes the communicator. One, they could already track him at will, and two, not cooperating could be just the excuse some of them would need to throw him in jail.

"Does this thing have wi-fi?" he asks jokingly as he looks over the communicator device.

Gilliam

Validated User
Bengal
HP: 1 LP: 0
Condition: Bruise x 2

Inserting the communicator into his ear Bengal was surprised to find that it moulded to fit perfectly in his non-human ear.

"Nice, now what do we know about the escaped prisoners abilities or powers?"

Mettaur2

Man of Battle
Validated User
"Awesome. It's like a groovy spy gadget. Compliments to Q, dudette." Heart said as he gladly accepted the communicator and slipped it into a slightly pointed ear.

"OH! Before I forget! Found this totally weird journal when we were scoping out the cells. Don't recognize the language, but something about it was giving me some mondo bad vibes. Any of you able to make sense of this?"
He said as he produced the german journal that he and Bio-Freak had discovered.

PauloDeWalshio

Validated User
Bio-Freak
Condition: Freaking Out
HP: 1

With the guards eventually gaining back control of the prison Heart and Bio-Freak are finally able to "rescue" that one last high-security prisoner. You also eventually end up back in the warden's office being briefed by Agent Lang and Lieutenant Abrams on all the prisoners who got away:

".....and finally the prisoners detained in the September 14th raid on the Midtown SHADOW base raid: Roger Black, aka Bloodskull; Doppelganger, no other identity known; Emil Jeste--"

Bio-Freak, upon hearing that name, your brain immediately decides it wants to do this:
Spoiler: Show

You have no idea exactly why.
Lilith immediately backs up towards the door, instinctively readying herself to make a break for it. She can feel panic steadily creep its way through her mind but does her best to not let it show outwardly.

Abrams turns to our group. "On before of AEGIS I'd like to extend an offer to work with you heroes in dealing with the aftermath and tracking down the escaped criminals." She passes each of you a communicator with the AEGIS logo. "These will allow us to stay in touch with one another."
Lilith, even in her panicked state, almost laughs at being called a hero by an actual agent of AEGIS. She tentatively walks forward and accepts the communicator, before immediately backing up to the door once more. "Uh...yeah, thanks," she replies, her voice slightly shaky and unsure. She looks around the room at the others as her efforts to suppress her unexplainable fear begin to fail and she starts becoming visibly uncomfortable. "Listen, can I go now? I'm not gonna be any help figuring out a plan and I've got stuff I need to take care of. Just...call me when you need me, I guess."

Gilliam

Validated User
Bengal
HP: 1 LP: 0
Condition: Bruise x 2

Bio-Freak said:
Lilith, even in her panicked state, almost laughs at being called a hero by an actual agent of AEGIS. She tentatively walks forward and accepts the communicator, before immediately backing up to the door once more. "Uh...yeah, thanks," she replies, her voice slightly shaky and unsure. She looks around the room at the others as her efforts to suppress her unexplainable fear begin to fail and she starts becoming visibly uncomfortable. "Listen, can I go now? I'm not gonna be any help figuring out a plan and I've got stuff I need to take care of. Just...call me when you need me, I guess."

"What do you mean Bio?" Bengal asks surprised "You have been a great help earlier today and I know we need your skills now."

Then picking up on the nervous vibe the woman was giving off, Bengal continued in a more gentle tone

"Though if it is really important .."

kenseido

Validated User
Ronin

And here we were again. Ronin knows he shouldn't be hanging out with two professed criminals. But the reality is everyone was needed to quell this prison break, and the ones that got away were likely the greater threat among the prisoners.

And the AEGIS guy was being cool about everything.

"Yeah, you got nothing to worry about here. The things you have done today go along way." Ronin stops short of saying too much. Maybe the AEGIS guy doesn't know, but maybe he does and is pretending he doesn't. Why rock the boat.

"We need your help to bring them in."

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
At the warden's office.....
"OH! Before I forget! Found this totally weird journal when we were scoping out the cells. Don't recognize the language, but something about it was giving me some mondo bad vibes. Any of you able to make sense of this?" He said as he produced the german journal that he and Bio-Freak had discovered.
Helga, you take the diary -- which is maroon with an emblem of eight white swords arranged so their cross-guards form an octagon -- and turn to a page.

Then decide you'd maybe rather burn it: it describes in loving detail quite horrific anatomical experiments the writer wants to do once they get out of jail.

"That must be Jeste's diary," says Warden Killbourne.

Agent Lang brings up some information on his pad. "He was a Nazi geneticist. Worked for an organization called 'the Horde' back in the 50s before SHADOW took them out. He can jump between clone bodies."
"Listen, can I go now? I'm not gonna be any help figuring out a plan and I've got stuff I need to take care of. Just...call me when you need me, I guess."
Lieutenant Abrams speaks up. "If you're worried about your criminal record, I'm authorized under the Thunderbolts program to offer amnesty should you agree to work for AEGIS for a period to be determined based on your crimes."

OOC: We can continue with this scene, but I want to get the beginning of Part 3 up before I get too lazy again.

The next morning.....

TV and Internet feeds all over the eastern US flicker. (This being the Crinoverse most people just sigh and roll their eyes, recognizing the signs of a supervillain manifesto broadcast.)

The picture is replaced by a maroon/crimson banner featuring eight white swords arranged so their cross-guards form an octagon.

"Attention citizens of the United States! We are the Horde!"

The picture changes to that of a woman with long black hair and a red uniform shouting at the screen.

"We -- the Horde -- are responsible for the destruction caused to New York City. And this is only the beginning!"

The camera pans to her left and up a bit to allow space for a glowing green hologram of a not-very-intuitive-looking device to appear next to her.

"This machine -- designed by our scientists -- is what created yesterday's earthquake. We have dozens more of these devices scattered across the country."

The hologram fades, and now you can see behind and to her left there is a dais with a throne on it. On that throne sits a man in a black suit and red cape, his face obscured by a black mask ,with a sun burst on the forehead, except for his eyes. He sits with his head resting on his right fist as if he's terribly unimpressed with what's going on.

The woman makes a fist. "If you do not wish to see more of your cities destroyed, you will surrender all control of your government -- and its military and finances -- to the Horde! And -- in deference to your slow-acting Congress -- we will grant you 48 hours to sign your papers of control over to out glorious Khan!"

The camera moves back to focus on the woman, who points a finger at the screen.

"Any action taken against the Horde or our devices will result in the immediate activation of all our machines...and the destruction of your pathetic cities!"

The image changes back to the banner.

"The Horde Conquers!"

And the feed returns to normal.

kenseido

Validated User
Ronin

Ryan just stares at the screen incredulously.

"You literally just begged every hero in the US to hunt you down and beat you up."

Ryan heads to the phone to call in sick for his shift. If these knuckleheads are that desperate for a beat down, who was he to deny them.

Top Bottom