IC Crinoverse: Disaster Day

Mettaur2

Man of Battle
Validated User
It had been a pretty nice morning, considering the events of the previous day. Heart had gotten a good sleep inside the rebel rouser and had went to get some breakfast from his usual eatery, a fairly low key hole in the wall that served just what filled the empty pit in his stomach. He had been in the middle of his serving of Chili Cheese Fries with Marshmallow Cream and Gumdrops when the TV in the restaurant changed.

"Destroy this city? Not even!" With a serious expression on his face, he put down his breakfast and moved to leave the eatery only to hesitate for a moment, and walk back. "Can I get a to-go box? Nice!"
 

Yeoman

Registered User
Validated User
"Attention citizens of the United States! We are the Horde!"

The picture changes to that of a woman with long black hair and a red uniform shouting at the screen.

"We -- the Horde -- are responsible for the destruction caused to New York City. And this is only the beginning!"

The camera pans to her left and up a bit to allow space for a glowing green hologram of a not-very-intuitive-looking device to appear next to her.

"This machine -- designed by our scientists -- is what created yesterday's earthquake. We have dozens more of these devices scattered across the country."
Helga gets a little giddy as they focus on the Earthquake machine and tries to figure out how it works, drowning out the rest.

Technology:1d20+13=15

Buuuuut she can't really get a good look at it from this angle.
 

Gilliam

Registered User
Validated User
Bengal
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Normal


For a change Bengal wasn't having an early morning catnap in the park rather he had decided to stock up on a large breakfast after all the running about the day before, starting off with a cheese, onion and tomato omelette he had just finished the "all you can eat meat breakkie" when the program on the telly changed.

"Hey I was watching that" was his initial annoyed rumble then as the message from the Horde sunk in he stood up leaving a pile of loose coins and notes on the table as he left the cafe.

Looks like today was going to be a lot like yesterday, at least he had a full belly this time.
 

Kreuzritter

Registered User
Validated User
"My degrees are in actual science instead of quackery" Shockette says, "But even I can see the idiocy in mixing the trappings of naziism with those of the mongol horde."
 

PauloDeWalshio

Registered User
Validated User
Bio-Freak
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Lilith gulps nervously as she watches the news report in a not-too-expensive cafe.

There’s no way I can handle that! What the hell would I even do against people like that!?

She reaches into her pocket and takes a tight hold of the AEGIS communicator

Just throw it away. Just throw the damn thing away and go back to beating up muggers. You can handle them just fine. This is way bigger than you.

Her eyes turn to the other patrons of the cafe, then to the people on the streets outside; All the people who are counting on people like her (okay, maybe not people like her specifically, but still) to save the day. Her thoughts turn to what might happen if the others need her and she’s not there to help because she was too scared to show up.

Lilith sighs deeply as she stands up and heads for the door. “Dammit...”

She ducks into a nearby to ‘change’ into her costume, swinging out into the New York skyline a minute later, AEGIS communicator in hand as she waits for the call.
 

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
Everyone

Eventually you are called and instructed to meet an agent who will take you by flying car to the AEGIS aquacarrier. Once there you're brought to a briefing room and given the details:

AEGIS is sure the Horde is using their old island base, a far-eastern Caribbean island, part of the country of Tropico. Since Tropico's leaders are notoriously shifty AEGIS can't just raid the island without either more proof or without causing an international incident. AEGIS is sure the Horde will notice if any major heroes stop helping with the efforts to find the other earthquake devices, but some new unknowns won't be missed.

That's why a few hours later you find yourselves in a borrowed Atlantian plane-sub cruising toward the island.

OOC: Any questions?
 

Mettaur2

Man of Battle
Validated User
"This scene is totally tense! One wrong move and these heinous dudes will wig out on us... They're holding alotta people hostage here!" Heart said with a frown as he sat back in his seat, looking around at the others that had gathered.

"These horde cat's aren't playing around. Considering what we ran into at the big house, I'm willing to put some big money that these Doppleganger dude is probably going to be at their head pad... " It was a long ride, and he wanted to be sure he was on the same page everyone else was afterall! "Sounded like a real piece of work, from what I overheard."
 

kenseido

Registered User
Validated User
Ronin
HP: 1, Condition: Fine

Ronin is a bit ansy cooped up in the ship like this.

"We'll be fine. We should probably approach underwater. Much harder to detect that way."
 

Yeoman

Registered User
Validated User
"I can probably disarm the device if I get near it. But... I'm not exactly stealthy."
Ronin
HP: 1, Condition: Fine

Ronin is a bit ansy cooped up in the ship like this.

"We'll be fine. We should probably approach underwater. Much harder to detect that way."
"Oh, if it's important, my suit is environmentally sealed."
 
Top Bottom