IC Crinoverse: Disaster Day

kenseido

Registered User
Validated User
Ronin

Ronin perks up.

"They have to be able to activate the devices. That means they need to be able to communicate to them and since they are hidden, doesn't that limit the types of communications they can use? Can you two think up some ideas for jamming outgoing communications from their base? That kind of thing gives us more time to shut them down."
 

Gilliam

Registered User
Validated User
Bengal
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Normal


Trying to make himself as comfortable as possible considering his size and the size of the plane-sub which Bengal still couldn't believe he was actually in one. Who would have thought AEGIS would have an Atlantian plane-sub handy for them to use.

"Sounds like it is worth a try" Begal chipped in support of Ronin's suggestion "And once we get there we will all be in sneaky mode again, right?"
 

Kreuzritter

Registered User
Validated User
Shockette

Shockette starts thinking on the communications per Ronin's request
OOC: taking 10 on science/technology for a total of 22
 

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
Shockette

You don't know exactly what they're using as a transmitter, so unless you find a powerful power source and hook it up to a building-sized antenna there's no way you can make a jammer that covers every possible eventuality.

You do think, however, that you can sense that all the signals on the island are coming from the volcano. Which is good, because there's an abandoned an decrepit resort you might have had to search through if you didn't know that.
___________________________________

Everyone

The pilot slips the plane-sub smoothly into the water. However once they do the sonar starts indicating the area ahead is filled with mines! They're too thick for the plane-sub to pass here, but there might be a channel the Horde uses. On the other hand you could don some AEGIS aqua-suits and go through yourselves.
 

kenseido

Registered User
Validated User
Ronin

Ronin places his hand on Heart's shoulder.

"Yo, Breakdance. Can you help the pilot navigate the mines? I think everyone should get into scuba suits in case there is a surprise and we need to make a hasty exit."
 

Kreuzritter

Registered User
Validated User
Ronin

Ronin places his hand on Heart's shoulder.

"Yo, Breakdance. Can you help the pilot navigate the mines? I think everyone should get into scuba suits in case there is a surprise and we need to make a hasty exit."
"I would like to point out that putting me in water will not end well for me nor anyone else." Shockette says
 

Mettaur2

Man of Battle
Validated User
Ronin

Ronin places his hand on Heart's shoulder.

"Yo, Breakdance. Can you help the pilot navigate the mines? I think everyone should get into scuba suits in case there is a surprise and we need to make a hasty exit."
Heat glanced over to Ronin and grinned widely before flashing a thumbs up. "Totally. I got this, Ronin dude."

With that he'd unfasten himself from his seat and move up closer to the pilot, staring out at the sight before them and letting out a low whistle through his teeth. "These waves are way harsh, look at all those mines! These goober's have really set up a thick mosh of them out here. For a secured facility, they really want to make it hard to get in." Heart commented as he examined the radar.

"But dudes? I'v gotten in worse." He said with a slightly grim tone that lost a touch of his positivity as a raw nerve was brushed and an unpleasant memory came to his mind as he began to point and help navigate a path through the mines.

________________________________________________
Expertise (Freedom Fighter): 8 Luck Point to Reroll
Expertise (Freedom Fighter): 21 Trying to find a clear path through this minefield, infiltrating a secure facility.
 
Last edited:

Kreuzritter

Registered User
Validated User
Helga thinks for a moment. "You could ride in my suit and I could take a wet suit?"
"No," Shockette replies, running calculations through her head, "that should not be necessary, and would disable us both if we did. I understandably have not experimented much on the matter, but in theory, so long as I do not use my powers until we are on land, we should be safe, so please shield me with your bodies in the event we are dealing with the sort of idiots who attach laser guns to the heads of sharks."

OOC: I figure this is a fair balance of complication invocation and trying to keep the game moving.
 

Gilliam

Registered User
Validated User
Bengal
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Normal


Not too concerned about getting into the water Bengal started to limber up just in case they couldn't find a route through the minefield and fortunately while he would notice the smell of his wet fur if they did have to swim, anyone with just normal senses seemed to be oblivious to the smell.
 
Top Bottom