Critical Role Campaign 2 - D&D, nerdy-ass voice actors and Wild(mount) Times

TrojanRat

Agent of S.N.A.R.K.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Mod edit: Welcome to the second Campaign of Critical Role! Where a bunch of nerdy-ass voice actors play D&D!
First Critical Role thread can be found here.

Critical Role is live at 7pm Pacific Time on Geek and Sundry's Twitch channel and also now live on YouTube! Video on Demand is available on Twitch with a subscription, the Thursday game session is released to YouTube on Monday and the podcast of the session is available a week later.

Shadowy outline art of the next campaign's new characters was released on twitter today.

Looks like we'll have at least one Tiefling.

Last edited by a moderator:

BethDragon

nominally Good Person
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Re: Critical Role- The Best Roleplaying Ambassador I think I've Ever Seen

Halfing, too.

And seven people. One of them may be Matt, but if not..who's the new regular?

Edit - okay, not sure about halfling. Short person and I thought no shoes, but maybe they have only 3 toes, so I don't know.

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

Validated User

Halfing, too.

And seven people. One of them may be Matt, but if not..who's the new regular?

Edit - okay, not sure about halfling. Short person and I thought no shoes, but maybe they have only 3 toes, so I don't know.
I thought the small character might be a kobold or something. I thought the feet look a bit digitgrade.

I think Ash is still the 7th regular (or semi-regular). I watched a bit of the Q&A last night, and it sure seemed liked they were expecting that she’d continue to telecommute.

BethDragon

nominally Good Person
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User

*facepalm*

Even though Pike was one of my faves, I still miscount her. A thousand work hours at Sarenrae's temple for me!

TrojanRat

Agent of S.N.A.R.K.
RPGnet Member
Validated User

I thought the small character might be a kobold or something. I thought the feet look a bit digitgrade.
From some of the discussions I've seen elsewhere, kobolds seems to be getting more votes than halfling for the short one. Someone did suggest a Halfling played specifically by Laura, because of her comments about the usefulness of Lucky last night.

Some also think we may see two Tieflings thinking that number 6 in the lineup (to the right of the short one) also appears to have horns. Personally, I kinda agree. That one reminds me a lot of Lillith for some reason.

BethDragon

nominally Good Person
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User

One week until the new campaign! Tonight has more questions answered!

Okay, so I can identify Marisha wearing Marty McFly's jacket. Laura in Mallory Keaton's shirt? Travis in the big brother from Goonies outfit. Sam in Mork suspenders (?) But can't figure out the others.

TrojanRat

Agent of S.N.A.R.K.
RPGnet Member
Validated User

I don't know if any of the other are supposed to be some kind of reference. I've seen some make a Kung Fury Hackerman reference to Matt, but I don't think that was intentional.

As for tonight's show, Laura stated that she had seen a couple people that had guessed correctly all of the upcoming characters from that Silhouette image they released over the holidays. So time to start going through the gathered data and see who got it right.

Or we can wait a week.
Is it Thursday yet?

Bob Loblaw

Validated User

New campaign starts tonight. For no particular reason, I’m going to make character predictions based on the silhouette posted earlier.

I only have two that aren’t based on other people’s speculation (Twitter/Reddit).

1. Second from the left sure looks like a monk. I am predicting Marisha, primarily because I remember reading that she almost played a monk in the first game. Easiest pick, so it could easily be wrong.

2. The small character. I said earlier that I thought it was a kobold. I will stick with that. I also think it’s Travis. This is based solely on the post campaign Talks. He did a weird, high pitched voice as a joke, Laura said he had been working on it for awhile and she was “afraid” he was serious about it.

Reddit speculation that I found compelling:
Left most and second from the right. Tieflings, played by Taliesin and Laura. Wizard for Laura and Cleric for Taliesin.

Third and fourth from the left, Sam and Liam. I’ll say Sam is the taller one. I think Sam is maybe a paladin, and Liam some kind of caster.

The last character is Ashley. This guess is completely stolen from a random internet person, but I like it. She’s a ghost of some kind. Apparently Matt released a ghost write up somewhere. Plus, there is some meta game thinking. Ash is going to be telecommuting and could be missing a bunch of episodes. A ghost could help justify sudden long absences, and just as sudden reappearances.

TrojanRat

Agent of S.N.A.R.K.
RPGnet Member
Validated User

I agree that left most shape is Tiefling and that they will be played by Taliesin.

I kind of hope they are a Swashbuckler Rogue though. Especially if the Tiefling is a Devil's Tongue variant. Just the idea of a charming swords man mocking his foes until they get into sword range. I've considered doing such a character myself.

Another option I've seen is a Hexblade Warlock. I'm not really keen on Taliesin doing back to back characters that have made deals with Others for power. But a Hexblade in CR would be amazing. A Craven Edge there from campaign start to campaign end? I wouldn't even care who was playing the character, I would love to see that.

BethDragon

nominally Good Person
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Can't wait!!!

Oh and the banner of TukRoll, a Critter artist, on Twitter:

Top Bottom