Critical Role Campaign 2 - D&D, nerdy-ass voice actors and Wild(mount) Times

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
Its not like they don't mention other systems literally all the time on CR shows......to be fair mentions of Deadlands, Exalted and Vampire far exceed other mentions but FATE and others get a fair shake too.

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
HOLY shit that was close....
So many downs and ups.....
Spoiler: Show
.....Caduceus even died!

Phew........

Last edited:

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
Oh, THey have the magicians judge to dispel magic! DUh!.
Too bad, Yasha's player isn't there...

Monochrome Tide

Someone
Validated User
On the plus side...

Spoiler: Show
The Mighty Nein have, to all appearances, killed at the very least a lesser Balor of the Abyss, unless I miss my guess. Holy shit. That is punching way the fuck above your weight class at level 8!

And Beau can now do hadoukens.

I consider it amusing that Caduceus literally treated dying as a nice relaxing nap, and we got a heartwarming moment out of it. Thank you, Laura, for saving your 3rd level spell.

Narcisista

Social Justice NPC
Validated User
In regards to the Kickstarter, we do have example of other CR kickstarter who didn't do nearly as well.

It got funded and seem to be a hefty value, but it's nowhere near what they are getting for the animation series and is probably more indicative of what to exepect for TTRPGs. The product matters to the audience and even if we want to reduce it to brand I'm not sure this tells us more about the CR brand, or the D&D brand but I suspect it will be far less useful as far as RPGs in general are concerned.

If WotC itself started kickstarting their projects we might get an idea of how much money there is in RPGs D&D, but until that time I don't think we should assume there is much more money in RPGs than 7th Sea, Strongholds and Followers, or the Onyx Path projects have shown. Those should be the benchmark for RPGs not a Kickstarter for an animation series.

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
Its not like they don't mention other systems literally all the time on CR shows......to be fair mentions of Deadlands, Exalted and Vampire far exceed other mentions but FATE and others get a fair shake too.
That's still vanishingly small as proportions of even the 'big names' go.

Top Bottom