Critical Role Campaign 2 - D&D, nerdy-ass voice actors and Wild(mount) Times

Bruder_Wen

The Cunning Geek
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So only $800k to go till the final stretch goal. Normally that statement would sound silly, but I think they will manage that with weeks to spare.

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
They just dropped:
The Making of "Your Turn to Roll"

Spoiler: Show

We also thought it would be fun to share a bit of trivia about our theme song with you:

• The theme used for the Mighty Nein campaign and The Legend of Vox Machina are very similar, however the animated theme includes the lyrics "daggers and cunning" instead of "falchions and cunning." Vax would be proud.
  • We also recorded a version of the song with the lyrics, "courage and cunning."
  • Another difference between the two theme songs is the addition of an electric guitar by Kyle Kelso into the mix.
  • The vocals feature Laura Bailey on verse 1, Ashley Johnson on verse 2, Travis Willingham chanting, and Sam Riegel providing backup harmonies.
  • Sam’s brother-in-law, Peter Habib, mixed both this theme song, and the D&D Beyond theme song.
  • The Legend of Vox Machina theme song features violins by Critter Colm McGuinness, who also created the music that plays as part of the art reel during the Critical Role broadcast on Thursday nights.
  • Our good friend Jason Charles Miller has contributed or written on every Critical Role theme song since the show began.
  • The original, first pass lyrics were:
The adventure begins
They were always beside you
Your nerdy best friends
And the DM to guide you

All the nights that you share and the battles ahead
All the bad guys beware cuz they’re ‘bout to be dead

She’s got magic and flare
He’s got daggers and cunning
They don’t see over there
There’s a monster incoming

Put your fate in your hands let it fly with the dice
Inspiration is waiting you breathe and you slice

And you answer the call
Diggin' deep in your soul
Cuz it’s you or the troll
And it’s your turn to roll

We're still on the journey to our final (??) stretch goal of $8.8M, which will allow us to create two more episodes of animation AND unlock a one-shot game mastered by our own Ashley Johnson. Our adventure is JUST beginning and we’re so excited that you’re along for the ride. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

<3
Critical Role

TLDR; they changed "falchions and cunning" in Mighty Nein to "daggers and cunning" for Vox Machina.

Mr Teufel

Dashing
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Their successes, that began with streaming their D&D game, are mind-boggling from the outside. I wonder how it feels to be one of them, especially Matt Mercer. It must be hard to keep a level head.

TrojanRat

Agent of S.N.A.R.K.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
TLDR; they changed "falchions and cunning" in Mighty Nein to "daggers and cunning" for Vox Machina.
And I imagine the “courage and cunning” is an option to be dropped in should whatever company they end up working with for distribution be a little shy about including weaponry in the lyrics.

Damian May

Apex Predator
Validated User
And I imagine the “courage and cunning” is an option to be dropped in should whatever company they end up working with for distribution be a little shy about including weaponry in the lyrics.
I hope said company is ok with dick jokes, nudity, scatalogical references, graphic violence and drinking. :)

TrojanRat

Agent of S.N.A.R.K.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
True. And one of the FAQ questions and answers suggests parents view before letting kids check the series out.

But there are levels. If the sequence makes the final cut for the show, I doubt we will get full frontal when Scanlan... exposes... some vampires to running water, for example.

Top Bottom