Critical Role Campaign 2 - D&D, nerdy-ass voice actors and Wild(mount) Times

junglefowl26

Validated User
Humm I wonder if... Dynasty Warforged could be something very interesting...
Indeed. Someone on reddit noticed that the professor mentioned "warbodies" and noted that warforged do have souls...so it might be possible to use dunamancy to reincarnate their best warriors if they fall into replaceable warforged bodies.

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
Huh, so now i want a GayleForce Five movie...

Hmm, I wonder if Yasha made a fiendish bargain to get vengeance on her clan and wiped them out, man, women, and children?
Here's hoping we get pay off to that
Spoiler: Show
redemption tease!

Bruder_Wen

The Cunning Geek
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Man, they throw more cocked dice in one episode than I think I've seen in 35 years of gaming.

junglefowl26

Validated User
These past few episodes have taught me that polymorph is
1) a great tactical option
and
2) even better for completely ruining the mood. :ROFLMAO:

Also, rip random pit goblin

TrojanRat

Agent of S.N.A.R.K.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Man, they throw more cocked dice in one episode than I think I've seen in 35 years of gaming.
I wonder about the dice being used.

I mean, at one point after the third or fourth cocked roll for one attack or save or something, Ashley pointed out to Taliesin (and the others) that the die had landed “on it’s point”.

I suspect they have gotten some really nice dice over the years. Dice that are really cool looking, 3D printed things... that because of the fancy design, have a tendency to not roll like the cheapest dice you can pick up at your FLGS.

I’m sure, if it should become an issue, Matt will ask them to use more normal dice.

I mean, it looks like he’s already started trying to kill the Pigeon last night.

Sigrid Hex

Social Justice Valkyrie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hah, I was discussing that with a friend last year, wondering why the dice come up "cocked" so much when you're using a dice tray. Is that a feature of dice trays?

Mr Teufel

Dashing
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, a dice tray is bound to have sides that prevent the die rolling off, and a die can easily land such that the wall is preventing it from lying flat, so, yes.

TrojanRat

Agent of S.N.A.R.K.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hah, I was discussing that with a friend last year, wondering why the dice come up "cocked" so much when you're using a dice tray. Is that a feature of dice trays?
I mean, I think they’re using the same Wyrmwood trays they got back in he first campaign.
I have some Wyrmwood products, and I’m not seeing the amount of cocked dice with my rolls they’re seeing with theirs.
But there are too many variables to be sure. I’m using their dice tower system which comes with a long and thin tray. CR is hand rolling into a much larger tray.

I mean, honestly, the only way we’d know with absolutely certainty what’s happening would be if they put cameras on the dice trays. And I can’t imagine that’s going to happen.

Top Bottom