• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Critical Role Campaign 2 - D&D, nerdy-ass voice actors and Wild(mount) Times

TrojanRat

Agent of S.N.A.R.K.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
pretty sure you can get those updates for free,, I can check on the DMsGuild site if you want?
MIght be on twitter instead?
If it’s anywhere, it’s probably on Twitter.
The guide is on DriveThruRPG, not DMs Guild. And someone tagged as a purchaser of the guide asked in March of this year if there will be an update with the changes. So unless something has changed in the last three months, it’s probably the same as my print copy.

But you don’t need to go digging for me. It’s not high on my sub-class to play priority list in general. And if I were to play in a Tal-Dorei Campaign, I’d more likely take the organization background for a different class.

TrojanRat

Agent of S.N.A.R.K.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Tonight’s episode:

“I’m learning how to people.”

That’s it. That’s this Campaign.

junglefowl26

Validated User
At this point I am starting to wonder how they are going to get back out, especially if they want to collect their moorbounders again.

Also, it is really amusing to think about how these past few episodes and all the nightmares contained within have been the result of a stakeout gone wrong.

Last edited:

Propagandor

Square-Cube Law Compliant
Validated User
At this point I am starting to wonder how they are going to get back out, especially if they want to collect their moorbounders again.

Also, it is really amusing to think about how these past few episodes and all the nightmares contained within have been the result of a stakeout gone wrong.
The last time they tried a stakeout they were stuck at sea for months and became pirates.

The Mighty Nine are not great at stake outs

E.K.K.R

Validated User
Search for Bob is up on YouTube.

Travis role-playing two characters having a conversation was hilarious.

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
Liam making sure the "tevbell" ship sailed was amusing "I'll show you the wisdom of the ages"....
Also, Pike leveled to 20 and used her divine intervention, I was a little surprised she didn't pray to have them and all their stuff taken gathered up and taken home. Just the first part would have been very useful.
OTOH, it was atleast useful in restraining the monster.

Rainfall

Banned
Validated User
So, season 2 episode 12. The novelty has worn off after a wekk watching it full time and I find myself looking at Matt more as a GM. There's a lot of things he does wonderfully, RPing NPCs among other things (no shit). There's also a lot that I do very differently. A bit too many rolls, a bit too much pixel-hunting. He's great, but still human. ;)

And there's soooo. much. stuff. I'm of a school of thought where a few dice and your character sheet, elaborate battle maps and figurines and tablets Aaaaargh!!!

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
And there's soooo. much. stuff. I'm of a school of thought where a few dice and your character sheet, elaborate battle maps and figurines and tablets Aaaaargh!!!
He's said himself he prefers theatre of the mind, but with the fights they were having in C1, plus the eight players they started with, it was a nightmare to keep it clear for everyone. I imagine having visuals helped with getting the G&S suits comfortable with the show, too.

For myself... I run almost no campaigns with minis and maps, but the one where I do, I found I needed to. Dungeon crawls and hostile city explorations just felt linear when the turns weren't mapped out.

Monochrome Tide

Someone
Validated User
He's said himself he prefers theatre of the mind, but with the fights they were having in C1, plus the eight players they started with, it was a nightmare to keep it clear for everyone. I imagine having visuals helped with getting the G&S suits comfortable with the show, too.

For myself... I run almost no campaigns with minis and maps, but the one where I do, I found I needed to. Dungeon crawls and hostile city explorations just felt linear when the turns weren't mapped out.
Honestly while he says he likes theatre of the mind, it seems clear to me he really loves playing with the toys and setting up elaborate environments given his larger resource pool available.

Top Bottom