• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Critical Role Campaign 2 - D&D, nerdy-ass voice actors and Wild(mount) Times

junglefowl26

Validated User
Well, appropriate that today is episode is 69, because man things are fuuuuuuuuuuuu...................

And man, every shred of information we get about these guys only raises more questions...

Spoiler: Show
There'd be no reason for him to just dissolve if he did.

I mean, "die" is also a relative term, given that when you die you go to the plane suitable for you.
True, though he isn't is treating this as an inconvenience, as far as I can tell - he has tried to escape multiple times, and "avenge me" would be an odd word choice if he wasn't dead, especially as he wasn't able to control Yasha before his death or disapation

Monochrome Tide

Someone
Validated User
Well, appropriate that today is episode is 69, because man things are fuuuuuuuuuuuu...................

And man, every shred of information we get about these guys only raises more questions...

True, though he isn't is treating this as an inconvenience, as far as I can tell - he has tried to escape multiple times, and "avenge me" would be an odd word choice if he wasn't dead, especially as he wasn't able to control Yasha before his death or disapation
He doesn't seem to be really dead, though. Matt explicitly described a heartbeat, and what may be mental control.

junglefowl26

Validated User
He doesn't seem to be really dead, though. Matt explicitly described a heartbeat, and what may be mental control.
Yeah, that does seem to be pretty strong evidence in that direction.

(side note - this episode is really making me think about a lot of what ifs...particularly what this particular group of villains would have been up to if the players hadn't gotten involved in the dynasty....course, there does seem to be an empire branch of this organization, so I suppose even if they just broke out Yeza and went back to the empire, there might have been plot threads to follow about this group)

xWillxPx

Validated User
There were moments in episode 69 where I was very upset. For example, I will never believe without seeing Matt's notes, that the MN could do anything in that encounter before the break. That sarcophagus was going to be opened, full stop - and it was hard to watch.

But then the end, the scene with the party arguing in the sand about what comes next: picturing Caduceus pink hair whipping in the wind, Jester being both kinds of blue asking "what was the point of any of this?", Caleb and Fjord grasping for control and stumbling. The complete opposite of hard to watch, the sort of sequence that reminds why CR is special.

Finally, Matt and Yasha, using Ashley's absence once again to turn the emotionality up past nein. Ending, with the art crawl, and last week's fan art of the week as the top image: DoppleYasha red eyes blazing, wickedly pullin' Yasha through the glass . . . a piece that suddenly had new sad sad meaning.

Is it next Thursday yet?

Mr Teufel

Dashing
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I thought Blindspot's next season was its final one?

Oh, does anyone know where Matt got his "Laughing Hand"? Is it a creature in a book, or Matt's own fevered imagination?

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
There were moments in episode 69 where I was very upset. For example, I will never believe without seeing Matt's notes, that the MN could do anything in that encounter before the break. That sarcophagus was going to be opened, full stop - and it was hard to watch.
Watching it now, and... I'm not so sure.

In just the round I'm on, the greater demon blows his two grapple chances, Caleb's Cat's Paw was just 2 away - a roll of 14 or higher would have brought the demon down - and Ashley could have got a natural 20 on her deception check to call him down. At the start of that round, the summoner has risen higher, and the honest thought I had at that point was "Matt just remembered how far Counterspells reach" - which also could have potentially changed things.

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
My sense was that Matt had an idea for how it would go, but as usual left open the possibility of it not going that way and would have rolled with it the group had stopped Oban.

I suspect that the back up plan would have been for Yasha to take the tablet and try to complete the ritual, but even that could have been stopped.

As usual for these sort of things, was the lack of an answer for why Oban hadn't already completed the ritual by the time the M9 arrived. I'm guessing that the M9 was right, and that he had needed them to open the path for him, and had been following along invisibly or something the whole time.

Top Bottom