• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Critical Role Campaign 2 - D&D, nerdy-ass voice actors and Wild(mount) Times

Harlan Quinn

Mild Mannered Reporter
Validated User
Re: Critical Role- The Best Roleplaying Ambassador I think I've Ever Seen

What is the name of the god/goddess of Trickery?

ESkemp

Validated User

Somewhere a much younger Dawgstar would have yelled 'WHY ARE YOU PUTTING A 16 IN CHARISMA LIKE A DOPE LIAM.'
I am so glad that the paradigm has shifted enough that there are now lots upon lots of tables who see it as the shrewd and very handy move that it is.

Heck, I'm tickled that they rolled stats and stuck to them. There's a lot of "oh no that's not how I'd do it" out there as a reaction, but I delight that the Critical Role team is sticking to playing their game instead of trying to be Book-Standard, and hopefully in the process encouraging people to experiment more.

Gargoylewing

flying over a post-factual world
Validated User

Well, 5th Ed allows for random rolling and number assignment, so they would have been good ether way.

BTW, will the new campaign videos be posted on Youtube after streaming, too ?

Thursday evening is a bit like Friday earliest morning (well, more accurately deep Thursday night) around here on m my longitude...

TrojanRat

Agent of S.N.A.R.K.
RPGnet Member
Validated User

What is the name of the god/goddess of Trickery?
I don't know if they have one yet.

In the past campaign, they used a mix of Pathfinder gods like Sarenrae (because they started the campaign using Pathfinder) and D&D gods like Kord and The Raven Queen.

Whether they continue to use already created gods, or if they go to a home brew pantheon, has yet to be determined.

BethDragon

nominally Good Person
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User

At peak they had 96K viewers on Twitch and 16K on YouTube. That's well over 100K without even counting Alpha. For comparison the finale of the first campaign had around 39K.

Those are amazing numbers.
Maybe people weren't as intimidated with the amount of catching up on the first campaign tuned in last night?

The new intro, so corny. :D

Well, 5th Ed allows for random rolling and number assignment, so they would have been good ether way.

BTW, will the new campaign videos be posted on Youtube after streaming, too ?

Thursday evening is a bit like Friday earliest morning (well, more accurately deep Thursday night) around here on m my longitude...
I think that they're doing it the same, with VOD on twitch with subscription the next day, going to YouTube on Mondays. But I think I saw that the YouTube videos will be listed (whatever that means?).

Last edited:

BethDragon

nominally Good Person
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Holy crap, there's already cosplays up on Twitter.

And wow, that custom table from Wyrmwood!

Dromio

Validated User

Maybe people weren't as intimidated with the amount of catching up on the first campaign tuned in last night?

The new intro, so corny. :D

I think that they're doing it the same, with VOD on twitch with subscription the next day, going to YouTube on Mondays. But I think I saw that the YouTube videos will be listed (whatever that means?).
The new intro was great! When Ashley comes in with her retainer in I almost busted a gut!

Here's a link to an article summarizing when/where the VOD will be available. I think you're exactly right.

https://geekandsundry.com/heres-where-you-can-watch-and-listen-to-critical-roles-new-campaign/

And yes, that table is freaking spectacular. That's an amazing picture all around; I never think much about how the technical part of the show works. I just picture them all sitting in a room playing, minus the cameras and mics and stuff.

Yeoman

Validated User

So it looks like the final set up was:

Talesin: Tiefling Blood hunter
Laura: Tiefling Trickery cleric
Marisha: Human Monk
Travis: Half Orc Hexblade Warlock
Sam: Goblin Rogue
Ashley: Aasimar Barbarian (!)
Liam: Human Wizard (School of transmutation)

So you were close on some of these.
It was pretty awesome watching both the table and chat lose their collective ****ing minds when Ashley said she would like to rage.

Gargoylewing

flying over a post-factual world
Validated User

Thanks, BethDragon.

BTW, I always assumed Matt were the Fonz (youknow, to go with their 70s and80 family series OP vibe), but then I noticed the ring around his neck, and... hell, I for the love of god cannot remember where I have seen this inside- turnable ring-thing !

Last edited:
Top Bottom