• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Critical Role- The Best Roleplaying Ambassador I think I've Ever Seen

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
True.

I guess it just seems like after a point, Matt decided the personal problems would truly be personal problems, and not be threats to nations, continents, or the world as well.
Spoiler: Show
Well after you have an alliance of dragons take over the continent, you kind of run out of ways to keep topping yourself. I mean the only place to go from there is to fight a literal God, and oh hey that's what happened.

Last edited:

Phantom Stranger

Welcome to Casablanca
Validated User
True.

I guess it just seems like after a point, Matt decided the personal problems would truly be personal problems, and not be threats to nations, continents, or the world as well.
I think the Briarwoods were added when they were because it seemed the obvious next step to Matt. It could well be that a few levels later he thought attempting to threaten the party with goblins would require too many goblins to run.

Crinos

Validated User
I think the Briarwoods were added when they were because it seemed the obvious next step to Matt. It could well be that a few levels later he thought attempting to threaten the party with goblins would require too many goblins to run.
Yeah, unlike Pathfinder Goblins don't really get class levels in 5e (In fact, no one really does; the PC levels are only for PC's, and NPC's get built like monsters with their own unique statblocks and powers, which is a novel approach I suppose, but makes converting NPC's from 5e to Pathfinder a pain in the ass.)

Yeoman

Validated User
Yeah, unlike Pathfinder Goblins don't really get class levels in 5e (In fact, no one really does; the PC levels are only for PC's, and NPC's get built like monsters with their own unique statblocks and powers, which is a novel approach I suppose, but makes converting NPC's from 5e to Pathfinder a pain in the ass.)
I find each approach has it's benefits and drawbacks. The 3E/Pathfinder approach means you only need one base stat block and then you have a lot of flexibility adding templates and class levels. Downside is, you have a crap ton to keep track of, and have to remember what all feats and spells and what not do.

5E has simplicity, everything is in one stat block. But if you want something new, you have to modify yourself, or create something whole cloth.

TrojanRat

Agent of S.N.A.R.K.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Rise... Rise from your grave!

Early next year, there's some things transpiring.

Remember... The Deck?
Remember... Grog's last pull from... The Deck?
Remember how, since it was the final episode, they just kind of breezed past what happened?
Ever wonder what actually happened?

Well, wonder no longer!

Vox Machina: The Search for Grog
A special Critical Role one-shot

Most of the cast will return playing their original characters except for the obvious two (Travis and Liam) who will be bringing new characters to the table. It's a live show from Los Angeles, on January 19th. I'm not sure if it's going to be a live streamed show, or if they will record the show live and broadcast it at a later date.

Details here

Crinos

Validated User
Eee that's gonna be so fun.

We'll finally find out if Percy really DID lose that arm.

Loew

Validated User
that looks really cool. Good thing it is several thousend kilometer away so I am not tempted to buy tickets :)

a bit sad that Ashley isn't on the list again...curse you, blindspot

and a tangent: holy wow, that seems like a lot of money for a nerd event.... 70 bucks for normal tickets, way more for VIP tickets. Is that normal for such events in the US/in LA?
I'm a bit out of the loop, but I think in Germany this would be the price for a concert of a bigger rock band or a major theater production in a bigish house

TrojanRat

Agent of S.N.A.R.K.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
and a tangent: holy wow, that seems like a lot of money for a nerd event.... 70 bucks for normal tickets, way more for VIP tickets. Is that normal for such events in the US/in LA?
Checked out the theater where they’re doing the event.
For Jim Jefferies: Upper Balcony - 65. Orchestra Center, row M - 485.
For Kris Kristofferson: Upper Balcony - 58. Orchestra Center, row M - 582.

Those are the min and max prices for those evenings. There are some sections for $60, $70, $90, $100, $110, $200 besides.

So instead of breaking up the theater into half a dozen sections with prices based on where you’re sitting, CR is going for a majority of the theater for 70, with probably just Orchestra Center for VIPs.

VIPs also get a goodie bag. I think they’ve said there will be an art print signed by the cast. In the past, they have also given out free CR dice sets in a different color than was available for purchase online (although eventually those dice sets were offered in the store for a limited time). The reddit makes mention of one of the live shows having people handing out $25 certificates for Wyrmwood as the audience was leaving the show, but that was for everyone, not just the VIPs. It seems like anyone that has picked up a goodie bag from a past show has kept the contents of it secret, at least as far as my quick google research has been able to turn up.

Top Bottom