CROWD-FUNDING SPOTLIGHT - Role-Playing Games and Accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savage Mojo

Bringing worlds to life
Re: KICKSTARTER SPOTLIGHT - Role-Playing Games and Accessories

We've made our goal for Caladon Falls to go into mass production for retail distribution!

Caladon Falls is a fantasy war setting where everyday citizens are at the beginning of an unexpected war waged by terrifying, unknown, god-like opponents.

It's written for Savage Suzerain, which adds a demigod rank to Savage Worlds and gives it the Suzerain Universe flavor. As will most any setting book, Caladon Falls' ideas and background information could be ported to whatever system you like.

If you want in on the exclusives there are about 29 hours left. There are all kinds of goodies like physical maps, coordinating PDFs, art prints, short stories, and more.

We've posted some videos to explain more about Caladon Falls for people coming from different experiences (non-RPGers, new to Savage Worlds, and already know about Savage Suzerain).

See what it's all about and what we have to offer at the Caladon Falls print fundraiser campaign.

Have a great day!

Vickey on behalf of the Caladon Falls Team

BlackbyrnePublishing

Official One Man Show
Re: My Kickstarter Project

Wow, where do I start! First off, I am at $705 of the $800 goal and still have about 25 days left, that's exciting! Next, I've added a new rewards tier that gets you $350 worth of books (current and future releases) for only $200!! Who else would do that for you guys?!?!?! (there are only 4 of these available, and 1 is already gone, DON'T WAIT) Lastly, since I am so close to reaching my current goal, if a secondary goal of $1000 is met, I will reward backers with an EXCLUSIVE MINI-ADVENTURE only available to backers. Period. As in, never released to the general public, ever. On top of that, if the funds go above $1000 the adventure will grow in size, say for example a full sized adventure at $1200 and a mega-adventure at $1600. If you truly want a setting that is exciting, fun and full of surprises, then the Age of Lords is for you.

Jerry D. Grayson

Putting the f-u in FUN
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Re: Kickstarter Spotlight - Role-Playing Games and Accessories

Below is my latest project with Kickstarter. I hope that everyone who’s interested in HELLAS will go have a look.

HELLAS: Action Deck

The rules are HERE

The Action Deck helps Gamemasters and players mimic the ebb and flow of action in your cosmic Greek adventure story
Included within are
  • 72 full color cards for use with HELLAS
  • A Hero: That the player uses to augment his Hero’s abilities
  • Combat: Used to help add drama to combat
  • Plot Twist: Used to add unforeseen situations to a game
  • Random name, Personality, and Epithet generation for random encounters
  • Complete rules on how to use the deck in your HELLAS adventures

Jadael

Retired User

http://www.indiegogo.com/Terrablox
I found myself wanting simple, abstract, very modular, and setting-agnostic 3D terrain. Something that can be built quickly, stored easily, and would look and feel cool on the tabletop.

I thought, what if you just had cubes that linked together horizontally and stacked vertically? Have a handful of "natural" colors that you could intepret as a wide variety of materials. Make them one inch so they work with a lot of gaming systems. Plastic so they're durable, lightweight, and cheap.
This isn't Kickstarter, but it IS a fundraising project to try and make this product design a reality.

EldritchFire

Validated User
Re: Kickstarter Spotlight - Role-Playing Games and Accessories

Technoir is a roleplaying game. You play protagonists like cyber-tweaked couriers, hard-nosed investigators, and drugged-out hackers making opportunities for themselves in a despairing world. Using a rules-light system with enough intricacies to spark new fires of hardboiled crime novels and cyberpunk science fiction, Technoir lets you coax, hack, fight, prowl, and shoot your way through a dark future. It features Transmissions—city guides brimming with plot nodes to inspire your high-tech adventures—that the GM uses to create tangled and compelling plot webs that expand and evolve as the players' characters engage it.

We need your help to publish Technoir as a softcover color book. Written by Jeremy Keller, author of the ENnie Award-winning Chronica Feudalis, and edited by Will Hindmarch, Technoir can cut glass. By backing this project you can receive outstanding rewards like a print copy of the book, a limited edition Verb Shirt featuring one of the nine verb icons from the game, and a set with all the Player’s Guides, protagonist sheets, and Transmissions already printed out for you so you can get right into playing the game as soon as it drops at your front door.

(Added Note) So, the game is funded in about 12 hours ... Further rewards/incentives are going up soon.
For more information, there is a thread about it here.

-EF

Sethra007

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member

Something people may want to keep in mind with IndieAGoGo.com:

IndieAGoGo, unlike Kickstarter, allows the artist to keep all the money they raise, even if they don't meet their fundraising goal. Obviously, many projects get funded, but if a project doesn't make it, the person who donates--especially if you donated with the idea of getting one of the "perks"--has given over money to a project that faces an uncertain funding future. There are no guarantees that you'll receive your perk. Please keep this in mind when donating via IndieAGoGo

Last edited:

Sethra007

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member

Blackwyrm is back, with another IndieAGoGo fundraiser!

The Wreck of Alpha Central
Publisher: Blackwyrm Games

(Description: Gamma World meets Thundarr The Barbarian)

Ecumenopolis.

It means "world city", and science fiction is full of them -- Isaac Asimov's Trantor and the Star Wars series' Coruscant are two of the most well known, but there are plenty more. Depending on your view of city living, such visions can be invigorating or terrifying. Or both. It is hard to imagine the scale of such places; many times, writers give population figures that "sound big" but are ludicrously small. If we assume that only the land area of an Earth-sized world can be built on, and we assume that only 75% of that can be used, and we give it a population density comparable to the most densely populated modern regions, we end up with 2-4 trillion people, depending on which numbers we pick. However, even the most densely populated modern cities don't include mile-high apartment complexes or a hundred sublevels below the surface -- based on the visual and written descriptions, a typical science-fiction ecumenopolis could easily have ten times that many people and still offer most residents tolerable living quarters, with room for open areas, parks, stadiums, and plazas.

So what happens to a world of 40 trillion people when the food shipments stop and the lights go out?

That's what Ian Harac’s setting The Wreck of Alpha Central is all about: what happens when after the catastrophic collapse of a once-proud ecumenpolis, leaving it a husk filled with high-tech ruins, mutants, monsters, and forgotten wonders....

Graham W

Validated User

IndieAGoGo, unlike Kickstarter, allows the artist to keep all the money they raise, even if they don't meet their fundraising goal. Obviously, many projects get funded, but if a project doesn't make it, the person who donates--especially if you donated with the idea of getting one of the "perks"--has given over money to a project that faces an uncertain funding future. There are no guarantees that you'll receive your perk. Please keep this in mind when donating via IndieAGoGo
That's not really how it works. There are lots of guarantees: IndieGoGo will work hard to make sure you get what you paid for.

They're just two different funding models. With IndieGoGo, the money goes through even if the goal isn't met. This can be very good: it means, once you've pledged, the transaction is done and it's final. You get what you're paying for.

With Kickstarter, the money is refunded if the goal isn't met. This works well in a different way. It's good for projects that need the goal to be met.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom