CROWD-FUNDING SPOTLIGHT Vol. 3 - Role-Playing Games & Related Projects

Teylen

Validated User
I present to you the new Crowdfunding List #41, which includes every project started between 31.05 till 07.06.

The week has seen no less than 35 role-playing game related crowdfundings being started. Offering a broad variety of projects I fondly recommend.
Among those you’ll find 8 very interesting new games. Projects that offer 80s horror like Rememorex or a new edition of Torg. Fun, colorful fantasy games like Lost Age next to a more ‚barbaric‘ approach with Beast & Barbarians. A cartoon themed PbtA game, and one of those that uses d10. With Tiny Wasteland, an interesting rules light take on the post-apocalyptic genre, and „Lost Citadel“ a post-apocalyptic game with a lot of undead creatures in it that ain’t all Zombies.
Next to those you’ll find fascinating games, walking the line between role-playing game, story game and boardgame. A very cute Gamebook for kids. Fancy dice and interesting aides. Next to really cool stuff like the Pathfinder adventure path videogame and really fascinating various other project.
On top of all of that, basically like a nice dessert, at least for WoD fans, the French translation project for the M20 comes with a brand-new, freshly illustrated and offical Tarot deck.
Take a look for yourself..

English Crowdfundings

2 Role-Playing Games
2 Fantasy Role-Playing Games
2 PbtA Role-Playing Games
2 Post-Apocalyptic Role-Playing Games
3 Role-Playing Games Hybrids
1 Gamebook
2 Supplements
2 Settings
2 Adventures
4 Dice Project
2 Role-Playing Games Accessoires
3 Role-Playing Games Aids
1 Podcast Project
1 PFRPG Videogame
3 Various Projects

Swedish Crowdfundings

1 Podcast Project

French Crowdfundings

2 Role-Playing Games
1 Gamebook

The Scribbler

A Flash of Hope
Validated User
The book I am editing, The Lost Artifacts of Greyghast, hit its funding goal on Kickstarter earlier this week and is now almost 30% to its one and only stretch goal: Full Color Illustration at $30,000.

I thought I'd post a short update in honor of that milestone.

Another item example (yes there are errors in the text, as it's from the first draft):

From the creator:
I have had this particular item in two games, now, and the characters used it very differently--but both held onto it with jealousy and refused to give it up all the way through their character progression.

First, Ella--a College of Lore Bard--found the Beacon on the corpse of a fellow Collegian she was looking for with the party in a side quest. The investigation of his murder revealed his crossing paths with a sect of Necromancers that meant find out where he'd gotten it. He chased them off, but a lingering curse had taken his life.

Second, Davos Hex--a Necromancer in another game--went looking for information while the party rested in a city, specifically information about necromancy spells and artifacts. The local Scholam was rumored to have the Beacon and he had the party's rogue steal it for him.

Both found the flavor of the terrifying and sad screaming destruction of a soul to be fantastic. It completely changed their characters and how they related to the world. Before, Ella was a carefree knowledge-seeker... and now she was confronted with the dark things that people must do to achieve noble ends. She took the opportunity, after working with the Beacon for a while, to change her Background traits to match her growing "darker" arc. It was beautiful. Davos was bound and determined to reverse engineer it, he wanted desperately to create similar necromantic devices or find others the Hidden had made. It became a passion for the character, seeking out the technology of the world, taking levels of Cleric, trying to find a way to do what these Hidden had done. I could drop a hint of them in the game, and the party would be off to hunt them down.

Well after the +0 magic crossbow became the optimal choice for their limited attunement slots? They kept the Beacon, both of them. It became as much a part of how their characters acted and thought as their accents. Both died with it, eventually.

And so, the Beacon moves on. To be found by some other wayward adventurer.
Lastly, an example of a color illustration:

Last edited:

benarndtbb

"Sixty Mile Sky" now live on Kickstarter! A Sci-Fi tabletop RPG

Sixty Mile Sky: A sci-fi tabletop RPG
If you’re interested in Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, Firefly, or Star Wars, check out Sixty Mile Sky! This dynamic tabletop role-playing game is designed to create complex problems, and gives players tools to deal with them in interesting ways. The core rulebook comes with 5 races and 12 classes, as well as an extensive game-master’s guide, including lists of NPCs/Enemies, special equipment, and guidance on how to write engaging campaigns with this system. The game uses a modified apocalypse world engine to ensure that whenever a character uses a move, something interesting happens.

If you want to play a gritty, street level mystery, or bring cascading space opera to life, check out Sixty Mile Sky, now live on Kickstarter!

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1085518016/sixty-mile-sky-a-sci-fi-table-top-rpg
Promo Video: [video]https://ksr-video.imgix.net/projects/2969918/video-785352-h264_high.mp4[/video]
[/IMG]

Teylen

Validated User
I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection #42, which includes every project started between 07.06 till 12.06.

The total number of projects clocked in at cozy twelve. Of those I am most impressed by the supplement called Niobe for PFRPG and the SnapDice dice tray.
Of course next to the absolutely stunning looking french Role-Playing Games. Which motivate me to restart and intensify my attempts to learn French.

English Crowdfundings

2 Role-Playing Games
2 Supplements
3 Dice and Coin Projects
3 Various Projects

French Crowdfundings

2 Role-Playing Games

Teylen

Validated User
I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection #43, which includes every tabletop project started between 12.06 till 19.06.

Thanks to the current heat-weave hitting Germany the collection is rather brief. The project picture, the creators description, that’s it.
I do would like to highlight Clink, the one game on this list I backed without any hesitation. It’s an interesting story game from the publisher of Belly of the Beast. Next to that my second favorite is the GameTek book, an interesting take on game design with a focus on statistics and math.
Yet I would as well recommend to consider Samyaza, the various adventures, dice and other, various projects,..

English Crowdfundings

2 Role-Playing Games
3 Adventures
2 Dice Projects
1 Game Literature
2 Digital Tools
2 Music Projects
3 Various Projects

German Crowdfundings

1 Game Cafe
1 Fantasy Literature Documentary

El Ravager34

RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Kickstarter for The Happiest Apocalypse on Earth has right at 48 hours left. It is a a satirical Lovecraftian horror tabletop roleplaying game set in a children's theme park using the Apocalypse World engine.

It is fully funded, and only $680 away from the next stretch goal which is for the Mouse Park Guest Pass Supplement. It will contain all the mechanics, rules, and incidents for player characters that want to play guests in the park (the original rules are for playing Park Employees).

Check it out and lets see if we can get that supplement unlocked! :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/greyauthor/the-happiest-apocalypse-on-earth-roleplaying-game?ref=user_menu

Teylen

Validated User
I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection #44, which includes every tabletop project started between 20.06 till 26.06.

Within this collection you’ll find three projects from Germany that don’t require any foreign language knowledge. Two of those should be of interest for those creating dungeons whether its laying out tiles or printing buildings, the third is a poker deck that did impress me.
Next to those you’ll find a fresh role-playing take on the story „The Yellow King“, a project celebrating the 90ties and the newest gamebook by Ryan North. DSA is about to get its first English supplement and there are tons of cool adventures, dice and other project.
The list has one of the rare dutch tabletop Kickstarters, aiming to translate „No, Thank you Evil“ by Monte Cook and a fascinating french „Beer & Pretzel“ RPG. Though,… see for yourself:

German Crowdfundings

2 Tiles & Terrain Projects
1 Deck of Playing Cards

English Crowdfundings

2 Role-Playing Games
1 Gamebook
1 Supplement
3 Adventures
3 Dice Projects
1 Music Project
1 Game Aid
1 Role-Playing Game Comic
3 Other Games (Storytelling Game, Hybrid, TCG)

Dutch Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game

French Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game
1 Book Project

JetstreamGW

Seeker
Validated User

Little surprised I haven't seen this posted in here other than peripherally as part of the Crowdfunding Collection. So here's the dealio, y'all, there's a new edition of Torg in the works!

What's Torg, you ask? Well I didn't know either, last month, but then I started digging. I found out about the invading realities ("Cosms"), and the people from our world ("Core Earth") who fight them. And the rebels from the invading cosms that fight with us. And after watching enough of the hype go down, I found myself backing a game I'd never heard of before the Kickstarter began.

I invite you to read the Kickstarter comments, or the "TORG Returns" thread on this very forum to understand for yourself. I also suggest looking at this update on the Ulisses Spiele website that has a bunch of sample pages from the book for your perusal.

As of this moment, the Kickstarter is at $298,000+, and hammering down stretch goals one after another... But it could be doing it faster! We have a little over 72 hours left.

Let's see if we can't run Ulisses Spiele out of stretch goal ideas, 'eh?

Rangdo

I used to be Ovid.
Validated User
Last few hours for 1066, Tears to Many Mothers - a card game of War & History

Outwit your enemy & recreate the Battle of Hastings in this multi-award nominated, 1-2 player, 30-40 minute, non-collectable card game. ...

Players: 1-2

Time: 30-40 minutes

Ages: 10+

1066, Tears to Many Mothers is an asymmetric, competitive tactical card game in the style of Magic the Gathering, but non-collectable. In other words, whilst we do have plans for other theatres of conflict as future stand-alone sets (which will be cross-compatible - see Future Plans below), you will receive the complete game in the box. This 1-2 player card game, designed by Tristan Hall, follows the momentous events of that seismic year in English history. Each player, as either Normans or Saxons, musters troops and resources to overcome the various obstacles in their way before their two armies clash on the battlefield at Hastings.

Gorgeous artwork complements sumptuous production values that will appeal to young people and seasoned gamers alike. Character names are taken from the Domesday Book and every card in the game is inspired by a real person or event involved in the Battle of Hastings. With a focus on quick, tactical play and a thematic abstraction of the events of the time, there is no deck building required, each player simply grabs their deck and shuffles and play begins.
(Not strictly an RPG, admittedly, but RPG-adjacent.)

Also the final hours for High Plains Samurai.

An action-heavy tabletop RPG of gunslingers, samurai, gangsters, barbarians, steampunk, and superpowers on the brink of destruction. ...

Built using the ScreenPlay engine, HPS is a collaborative story game with all players taking an equal role in the storytelling process. Players take on the role of Writers working with the Director to draft complete stories of action, suspense, horror, and survival. Through their lead characters, Writers actively drive the story and create epic action sequences as the central storytellers; the Director reacts to their descriptions while simultaneously challenging their characters along the way. For every description moving the story forward, another player will deliver its outcome to push it further, react to events, and embellish details with camera angles, special effects, even a character's demise.

In a world where everything is possible, dice rolls are not used to attempt success or failure, but as complications against your enemies... and death is the ultimate complication. Characters roll dice based on the number of details built into their descriptions against an opponent's Defence for the right to choose their enemy's fate or perhaps allow the enemy to choose their own. Each complication becomes incorporated into the story and can also be countered or removed by spending Stamina until there is none left to give or the battle is over.

Together, you will create tales of heroic struggle against the machinations of the mysterious bandit known as Black Scorpion and her bloody plot for revenge that threatens the return of Chaos incarnate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom