CROWD-FUNDING SPOTLIGHT Vol. 3 - Role-Playing Games & Related Projects

A.K.A. Dragonfly

Validated User
Hey all! The Superverse Kickstarter is officially launched!

The Superverse is a campaign sourcebook originally designed for SUPERS! Revised, a rules-lite tabletop RPG published by Hazard Studios. I’ve since decided to publish four additional editions of The Superverse in support of the following games: ICONS Assembled, Champions Complete, BASH! Ultimate Edition, and Supergame 3rd Edition.

Each system specific sourcebook includes the following:
  • Stats and origins for the The Freedom Ring and The Iron Gauntlet. These are the 5 superheroes and 7 supervillains originally appearing in character books that I published for the first edition of SUPERS! back in 2012. Their stats are updated for SUPERS! Revised. They remain the same for the BASH! Ultimate Edition version of the book (as the original character books were published for this game shortly after their original release). This is the first time that these characters are written-up for ICONS: Assembled, Champions Complete and Supergame. The character origins are basically the same as in the original character books, but have been slightly tweaked for purposes of better integrating them with the next item, which is …
  • Four interlinked adventures designed to introduce all of the above characters into your games while keeping your player characters at the forefront of the action. Thoroughly rooted in the setting, these adventures provide many options for role-playing, investigation, and combat.
  • New Characters and Organizations. While writing the adventures, I generated quite a few new characters, including a government-sponsored superhero team (Vanguard America), five super-powered mobsters, three agencies (AEGIS, CHIMERA, UNICORN), 10+ supporting characters (these are non-powered citizens of Del Rey), and a few others.
  • A Timeline of the Superverse. This timeline is compiled from all of the character origins and adventure backgrounds included in the book. It should make it easier for GMs and players to get a sense of the setting’s backstory and fit their own characters into the universe.
  • The City of Del Rey. Del Rey is the fictionalized version of San Francisco where the aforementioned adventures are set. I’ve tried to provide enough flavor text to give the city some personality, but have shied away from creating an overly-determined setting. The chapter on Del Rey provides details on organizations, institutions, people, and places, but only those that might make an appearance during the sourcebook’s adventures. My hope is that this approach will “leave enough blanks” for you to make the city your own.
  • Campaign Design Advice. This short section provides advice on how to make sure that player characters remain at the center of the narrative when running through a published universe.
  • Optional Rules (SUPERS! Revised only!). This includes a new option for Super Strength, minor tweaks to the Mook rules, and suggested changes for one or two Complications.
  • A Mass Combat System (SUPERS! Revised only!). SUPERS! Revised's Mook rules figure heavy into this system, but the options introduced here provide a new approach to truly massive battles.
  • As much art as we can pack into the book! Joe Singleton is the artist for the book. His Neo-Silver Age / Modern Age style is perfect for this project, which is largely inspired the comics that I grew up reading in the late-1970s and 1980s. To date, Joe has completed 42 character illustrations for the book plus beautiful cover art. He’s poised to add render a great deal more, depending on whether or not we hit the Kickstarter’s stretch goals. I love his work, so I hope that we do!
  • Maps. These are contingent on the project being successfully funded via Kickstarter, but The Superverse is slated to include maps for the following locations: The City of Del Rey (player and GM versions), Stellar Labs (interior / exterior), the Argyle Museum, ACME Steel, Black Rock Prison, the Del Rey County Jail, The Pier (a bayside shopping center), Fort Wayne (military base), and a desert landing site. All of these are keyed to encounters in the sourcebook’s adventures.
Check out the Kickstarter here if you're interested!

Jee Hache

Validated User
I have open a patreon page (Architecture for Adventure) providing for 2$ or 3$ a month , hand drawn 3D maps ready to use for the GM or players
https://www.patreon.com/architectureforadventure

Architecture and Adventure maps are fun to use and help visualize the location where the action take place.
The 3D maps add crunchy details and offer cool action opportunities for everyone.

They come in pdf and jpeg format like this : easy to print or be shown on screen.
Here are two example of those maps :

I use them in my Warhammer adventures I run and finaly decide to put them online in august 2018 for other to download (for a few $)

If you want to see more, there are two maps to download for free : free maps Architecture for Adventure

Thanks to all, hope this can be of interest

(I hope it's ok if I publish this here)

Teylen

Validated User
I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection #92, including every tabletop project started between 01/07 till 01/13.

Amon the games this time round you’ll find Land Under the Flames. A game with a fantasy setting which will see the players character and tribe develop through the years and epochs. The setting and concept sounds interesting, yet the information regarding the system is a bit scarce – maybe to be found on the games website. I personally do like The Bone Marshes a bit more. It’s closer to actually being a fantasy rpg adventure, yet it does come with a small OSR-like system of its own to help one explore marshes in hex’es. Then there Clockwork Depths, which combines tabletop rpg and LARP with a setting of their own. It’s an alternative world to our own, with lot more of underwater action and some (in my opinion) steampunk influences. The last of the games, Station Keepers, offers quite and interesting approach to Kickstarter next to its Science Fiction setting. While the game will be about the characters trying to loot a space station under the creators watch, neither the system nor the setting has been formulated it. Which isn’t unintentional bad Kickstarter design, but an experiment by the creator. Though am hesitant about it, as money is involved.
Next to those projects you’ll find plenty more interesting ones, just take a look:

English Crowdfundings

4 Role-Playing Games
3 Supplements
1 Setting
3 Adventures
1 Dice Project
1 Accessoire
1 Soundscape
1 LARP Project
1 Comic
1 Coloring Book
3 Various RPG Projects

Article: https://teylen.blog/2019/01/13/crowdfunding-collection-92/

Mutant Donkey

Mutant Donkey is offering digital graphics for roleplaying games.
Please visit our Patreon for an introduction video.
I am a real life registered architect so building graphics will have a higher level of fidelity.

Services offered:

-Maps
-Caves
-Dungeons
-Towns
-Illustrations
-Buildings with option for custom projects including 3d digital models, floor plans, sections, site plans, elevations. There is an option to generate 3d files for 3d printing purposes.
-Drawings come with grids for roleplaying. They can also be plain pending on your needs. Fully rendered in color or black and white, again, per your needs.
-We are starting a brand new podcast for the Patreon as well.

Note: Mutant Donkey does not provide architectural services, I have a separate business for that. This is my passion project.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this and please let me know if I can be of assistance with your gaming needs.

Game on!

---Mutant Donkey---
Architect and Adventurer

We are very happy to announce that the Kickstarter campaign for ADOM the Roleplaying game has been live since 15th of January, 2019, and has been funded since day 1.

https://www.adom.de/rpg-kickstarter

Based on the groundbreaking genre defining roguelike computer game, ADOM the Roleplaying game will allow you to adventure with your friends in the Ancient Domains of Mystery. Ancardia was a peaceful world, but a mysterious Gate has opened in a deep and long forgotten cave and now the forces of Chaos spread their corrupting taint, twisting and changing the very essence of beings.

It is for the heroes to decide which side to choose, if any, for Chaos offers tempting powers far beyond mortal capabilities.
12 races and 22 classes allow for a wide variety of unique playstyles where both class and race decisions will continue to matter as the characters grow in power.

ADOM the Roleplaying game is part of the Old School Revival movement and fully compatible with other OSR titles, featuring the "Danger System" - a smart take on advantage/disadvantage mechanics designed to simulate complex situations with very few rolls.

Featuring over 600 full colored pages with gorgeous, handpicked artwork over two books, ADOM the Roleplaying game seeks to set new standards in indie RPG design.

If you want to learn more and see more spectacular samples, check us out at www.adom-rpg.com/samples.

Please note that this is the Kickstarter for the pen & paper roleplaying game. The Kickstarter campaign for Ultimate ADOM (www.ultimate-adom.com), the sequel to ADOM the computer game, will launch at the end of February.

And if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Teylen

Validated User
I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection #93, including every tabletop project started between 01/14 till 01/20.

This time around I’ll have two projects from Germany, one in English.
The one in Englisch is ADOM, which transforms the old CRPG classic by the same name into a tabletop rpg, while I do not know the original game the project looks okay. Die Schwarze Katze is a game in which one assumes the role of a sentient, two-legged cat in the world of The Dark Eye. The presentation is excellent, I followed its development for years and one can even play vampire cats! thus I am backing it. I would say, have a look at it if you like cats ^^
Back to the English games, I recommend Vulcania, it looks cool and had me coin the term „vulcan punk“. Why… Why not? If you are more a fan of cyberpunk take a look at Carbon 2185. It looks charming and promising. Then again maybe you want to play a dragon in modern time, then you should take a look at Lex Draconis. Well, and if you like more some Indy-like action in the 30s, check out Destination Danger.
Next to the games and as a big WoD fan I do wholeheartedly recommend backing the Patreon of Mr Gone, Chris creates and shares excellent character sheets and he deserves the support. I am as well enamord with the Damsels, Dice, and Everything Nice project, as I greatly enjoy their first episode.
Though there are plenty more interesting projects:

German Crowdfundings

2 Role-Playing Games

English Crowdfundings

3 Role-Playing Games
3 Fantasy Role-Playing Games
4 Supplements
1 Setting
2 Adventures
2 Dice Projects
1 Accessoire
2 YouTube Series
2 Enamel Pins
2 Map Projects
2 Art Projects
3 Various RPG Projects

Spanish Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game

Article: https://teylen.blog/2019/01/20/crowdfunding-collection-93/

Zehnseiter

Validated User
Die Schwarze Katze is a game in which one assumes the role of a sentient, two-legged cat in the world of The Dark Eye. The presentation is excellent, I followed its development for years and one can even play vampire cats! thus I am backing it.
If you are familiar with the development: Any hints where I can get more info about the rule system they use ? I know that it is a slimed down TDE system but actually info at the crowd funding page and the let's plays is sparse.

Teylen

Validated User
If you are familiar with the development: Any hints where I can get more info about the rule system they use ? I know that it is a slimed down TDE system but actually info at the crowd funding page and the let's plays is sparse.
I asked the developer and he explains it like that:
Die Probenmechanik ist additive 2W20, unterwürfelnd gegen Probenwert. Für je volle 5 drunter gibt es eine zusätzliche Qualitätsstufe. Der Probenwert berechnet sich aus dem Durchschnitt von zwei mit der Fertigkeit verbundenen Eigenschaften + Wert in der Fertigkeit + 5.
Beim Kampf wird der Verteidigungswert des Gegners vom eigenen Angriffswert (=Probenwert) abgezogen. Schaden wird über den Schadenswert der Waffe (Schwert macht 1W6+4) ermittelt, QS steigern den Schaden, Rüstung senkt den Schaden.
Das ist es so im Groben. Viele andere Bereiche der Regeln (Magie, Generierung usw.) sind vereinfachte DSA5-Regeln.

I currently got a bit of a black out on my English and don't dare to try to translate the text ^^;

Zehnseiter

Validated User
I asked the developer and he explains it like that:
Die Probenmechanik ist additive 2W20, unterwürfelnd gegen Probenwert. Für je volle 5 drunter gibt es eine zusätzliche Qualitätsstufe. Der Probenwert berechnet sich aus dem Durchschnitt von zwei mit der Fertigkeit verbundenen Eigenschaften + Wert in der Fertigkeit + 5.
Beim Kampf wird der Verteidigungswert des Gegners vom eigenen Angriffswert (=Probenwert) abgezogen. Schaden wird über den Schadenswert der Waffe (Schwert macht 1W6+4) ermittelt, QS steigern den Schaden, Rüstung senkt den Schaden.
Das ist es so im Groben. Viele andere Bereiche der Regeln (Magie, Generierung usw.) sind vereinfachte DSA5-Regeln.

I currently got a bit of a black out on my English and don't dare to try to translate the text ^^;
That is the extend of my knowledge as well. I hoped that you would know more in detail. :)
Hopefully Ulisses will post some excerpts soon.

Top Bottom