CROWD-FUNDING SPOTLIGHT Vol. 3 - Role-Playing Games & Related Projects

Teylen

Validated User
I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection #94, including every tabletop project started between 01/20 till 01/27.

Usually I don’t put German projects front and forward in the English version of the Crowdfunding Collection, yet Roll Inclusive: Diversity und Repräsentation im Rollenspiel is really near and dear to my heart. Thus, if you are interested in inclusivity from a German perspective, if you understand German or if you want to support the creators, I recommend the project wholeheartedly.
Among the English projects Wolfspell stood out to me because of the cool artwork and the idea to play humans who transform into wolfs – without being werewolves. Zorro does look cool as well, yet am not a fan of the swashbuckling genre or the titular hero and hence just suggest to check the game out if you are. In Name Only doesn’t wow me with great illustration, but the rules-light story game appears well worth giving it a closer look.
Among the other projects I am most enticed by the first three dice ones, which look quite stunning. Though I do recommend that you take a glance at all the other projects as well:

German Crowdfundings

1 RPG Literature

English Crowdfundings

3 Role-Playing Games
4 Supplements
2 Adventures
4 Dice Projects
3 Accessoires
2 Various RPG Projects

French Crowdfundings

2 Role-Playing Games
1 Gamebook Collection

Article: https://teylen.blog/2019/01/27/crowdfunding-collection-94/

Darthavyn

Validated User
The Kickstarter for Cha'alt by Venger Satanis is live on Kickstarter. To quote the creator, "Cha'alt is an OSR / D&D 5e science-fantasy, eldritch, gonzo, post-apocalyptic campaign world focusing on The Great Pyramid megadungeon." The author has 16 successful kickstarters under their belt, and has over 40 titles on DrivethruRPG.

The PDF can be yours for a $10 pledge, the physical book for $25 or you can become part of the "Playtest Party" for $35 (only 11 of these left) which gives you the PDF, physical book and regular previews of the game while its still being finished and your feedback is greatly appreciated along the way. Plus, you get your name in the book.

Finally, there is a PDF pledge for $23 which gives you Cha'alt along with 3 other PDF titles of your choice. I'm not in any way connected with this, but it looks super fun and I'd love to have it in my 5E library.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vengersatanis/chaaltView attachment 21657
There is a hard cover version available for $50. This KS end on Feb. 4th.

El Ravager34

RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Kickstarter for Ordinary Towns (by Legendary Pants) has launched and looks to be a big help for fantasy GMs everywhere. Its a collection of 50 small towns that are ready to drop into a campaign world, and each has a map, several well detailed NPCs and adventure hooks. This is their 4th Kickstarter, and (from reading the comments) they seem to generally deliver their rewards in a very timely manner.

It has a sample town for anyone who is interested... http://www.legendarypants.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/ordinary-towns-sample.pdf

Its a $20 pledge for the PDF of the book and art pack.
$40 gets you a physical copy of the book along with the PDFs above (shipping estimated at $5 for the U.S.)
$100 to create your own NPC
$200 to be able to own the original map of one of the towns (charcoal drawing and it will be sealed)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/legendarypants/ordinary-towns-small-settlements-for-any-campaign/description

5886a0e60fea3d360fd258b788bc1046_original.png

Teylen

Validated User
I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection #95, including every tabletop project started between 01/27 and 02/03.

These collection seen the start of more then 60 crowdfunding projects in the span of a week, with at least 20 of them over their works in the form of a magazine. Which made the selection for the shout-out ones tough, I went for mostly those I starred.
I noticed Reach of Titan because I consider the idea to focus on fights against colossal creatures, and the challenge to survive in a world in which those roam, quite interesting. Cat cat CAT cat CAT CATS & CATS catcat, cat c2t caty cat (So funny I laughed hard and I backed it). Then there is POWERED by the DREAMR, which is a PbtA game about fighting within dreams. I like the idea, I trust the creator and thus I backed it. I didn’t back The Isles, though I find the idea to revieve a „Play by Post“ style of rpg that uses real live mail. There are plenty games that fit within a magazine, like, DREAMR, and I consider Reunification, DEAD HALT and Exodus the most interesting, yet there are so many cool looking ones, that you should check them all..
Next to this I think Journey to the Year 3000 to do a CYOA audiobook is cool. I did actuall back the More Kittens supplement because of… kittens and kitten cards and because Laser Kittens turned out great. I did star the magazine supplements D.I.R.G.E because it sounds interesting to discuss LGBTQ+ topics and I starred Strings because it addresses death. I do like the The „Spirit Of“ Dice Range and think that it might be doing good checking out Jeremy Tangman’s fundraiser and supporting him.
There are many, many more projects, some that I just couldn’t investigate further. Just take a look:

English Crowdfundings

4 Role-Playing Games
2 PbtA Role-Playing Games
2 Story Game Role-Playing Games
4 Magazin Role-Playing Game
3 Magazine (General)
3 Magazine (Supplements)
4 Magazine (System-Specific)
2 Magazine (D&D 5E)
3 Magazine (OSR, Old School)
1 Game(Audio)Book
2 Settings
4 Supplements
5 D&D + PFRPG Supplements
3 Adventures
4 Dice Projects
1 Magazine (Comic)
1 Medizine Fundraiser
2 Notebook Projects
3 Map Projects
5 Various RPG Projects

French Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game
1 Webserie

Italian Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game

Swedish Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game

Article: https://teylen.blog/2019/02/03/crowdfunding-collection-95/

D351

Validated User
Already posted to the Hype Machine before finding this thread, but Fantasies for Foreplay, an expansion for Foreplay: An Erotic Storytelling Game is currently up on Kickstarter (with the base book as an optional add-on for physical tiers at a discounted price). I posted most of the press release to the hype machine, but short version here: Foreplay is a tabletop RPG (that was successfully funded with 69 backers *snicker*) that replaces most aspects of skill checks with physical interaction between players. This expansion adds multi-genre fantasy content ranging from high fantasy to sci-fi to anime to BDSM. This includes player/monster races, settings, magic, new adventuring-specific rules, a full adventure to play through, and a few other odds and ends.

JRoss

Validated User
As part of the RPG Zine Challenge, I'm kickstarting The Compleat Beastman. All sorts of beastman, tauric and chimeric awesomeness in every issue. Including full OSR playable classes, NPCs, and more.

Plus you can get minis of the creatures and all backers get a commercial license for the artwork that we commission!

The first issue is almost completely ready to go, but it needs artwork. Come on in and see what we can make together!

Find The Compleat Beastman here!

Magnusth

Validated User
So, i posted in the hype machine before noticing this thread, but here's my just-started kickstarter, Titan Hunt:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1325743523/titan-hunt
It's a fate-based game about hunting giant Titans and making weapons from them, and just as much about the communities the Titan Hunters come from and how those inform the hunters, and are in turn changed by the giant monsters the hunters bring back.

Top Bottom