• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

CROWD-FUNDING SPOTLIGHT Vol. 3 - Role-Playing Games & Related Projects

Rangdo

I used to be Ovid.
Validated User
I have not seen this mentioned on the thread yet, but the Cryptid Manual for Dark Places & Demogorgons is in its very final hours.

The art looks pretty great:

Personally I'm backing this because I'm interested in using more unique cryptids in my fantasy games rather than versions of more general, 'monstrous' races, like orcs, beastmen or dragons.

There have already been a couple of stretch goals cracked, but if there's a really big push at the end, backers get The Vigilante Hack too:

So PLEASE BACK! :D

Teylen

Validated User
I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection #96, including every tabletop project started between 02/03 and 02/10.

The „Zine Quest“ led to another busy week and to the start of 41 really interesting and cool crowdfunding projects.
If you like Fate, you might like to have a look at Titan Hunt. A game in which you battle truly enormous creatures and the only rpg not in the Zine-Format. I personally backed Girl Underground, because it looks like fun game which provides a setting and genre inspired by Alice in Wonder Land, Wizard of Oz, Labyrinth and other novels. I am as well keeping a look on Mall Kids as it looks interesting and has a nostalgic topic and I got an eye on Champions of the Earth for its interesting description. If you like your characters small and mischievous you should take a look at Goblinville and Kobolds Ate my Baby. The latter one only has hours on its clock left. Tome & Wish You Were Here does offer many little games and Verona is worth checking out if you fancy Shakespeare.
To my own surprise I got enticed by the setting a A Rasp of Sand offers and am considering to back it. I already made my mind and backed Two Apocalypse World Zines by Vincent Baker – a „must back“ as I like PbtA. I did as well invest into the RPG Design Zine. Well and am pondering to back Other Magic and Skill Points. Both look super interesting and exciting, but they ain’t shipping to Germany (and I am a sucker for physical books).
You find that there plenty more, very cool, super interesting projects, just take a look:

English Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game
3 Magazine Role-Playing Games
2 Magazine Role-Playing Games (Teenage Angst)
2 Magazine Role-Playing Games (Goblins & Kobolds)
2 Settings
2 Supplements
3 Adventures
3 Dice Projects
2 Magazines
2 Magazines (Game Design)
2 Magazines (System Specific)
2 Magazines (D&D)
1 Magazine (OSR, Old-School)
3 Enamel Pins
1 Notebook
3 Map Projects
4 Various RPG Projects

German Crowdfundings

1 Supplement

French Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game

Article: https://teylen.blog/2019/02/10/crowdfunding-collection-96/

Google+ Warning
If you get the notification about a new Crowdfunding Collection via Google+ posts: That will soon be over!
My Google+ Account will be deleted at April 2.
If you like to have be post the Crowdfunding Collection to another place, please message me. I think the best way might be blog comments. You might reply to the post whereever I post it. Google+ reply notifications have gotten unreliable!

JRoss

Validated User
The Compleat Beastman hit our funding goal!
As part of the Zine Quest challenge, each issue of The Compeat Beastman gives you an in-depth look at a single hybrid species or group of species. For the first issue we're doing centaurs, and if we hit our $1000 stretch goal you get an extended issue with all sorts of content about their cousins, the bisontaurs, cameltaurs, donkeytaurs and zebrataurs! The Compleat Beastman supports 5E and OSR rules, as well as Shawn Tomkins' Ironsworn.

Each issue contains:
-PC-playable class for OSR rules, specifically White Box
-Racial stats for 5E
-3 or more Assets for Ironsworn
-Gorgeous artwork
-Articles on battle tactics, cultural structure, habitats and even spaceships (for gonzo sci-fantasy)
-Paper minis

Backers get:
-All commissioned character and scene pictures as stock art for your own games
-Access to art prints and acrylic minis

Come on down and help us get to the next goal!

Teylen

Validated User
I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection #97, including every tabletop project started between 02/10 and 02/17.

This time around you’ll find no less than 57 projects, 17 of whom are fulfledge games. Thus I can only give a selected few one a shout out, which by no means shall inidcate that the rest aren’t cool, interesting projects as well.
So, I personally did back Casket Land as well as Comrades among the full games. Both are PbtA games. Casket Land will have you play a one-shot in the wild west. While Comrades puts you in the shoes of the revolutionary underground. If you like to get a whole bunch of Mini-RPGs check out Love Letters by Meguey Baker and synthesis. The games by Meguey are once that have been played at her home, while those in synthesis does support the metatextual analysis the zine provides. Suburb Punk on the other hand is more ground and explores the (glorified) 90ties in full. I would have backed it, would they sent to Germany. If you like your nostalgia more 80ties and enjoy horror, check out RPG Nasty, a game offering just that. Among the „normal“ games I feel tempted to back Icarus. The game explore the rise and inevitable fall of societies with a dice-stacking mechanic. I do like the concept of Beamswords and Bazookas as well, yet the project description is a bit lacking. There are more interesting RPGs like The Ultraviolet Grass, Storybook, Black Mass, Master of the Rogue Spire and many, many more. Just as I said 17 in total.
Conclave is one of the rare Larp projects, offering rules how to set the game. I do as well enjoy the illustration of the game book Blood Sword. Well, and I dedicated a blog article to Lunars: Fangs at the Gate. While Laser & Liches does look really cool. Last but not least I like to give a shout-out to Matthew „The Gentleman Gamer“ Dawkins Patreon, which I support and described in a blog article as well.
There are plenty more projects to explore, just dive right into the list:

English Crowdfundings

3 Role-Playing Games
2 Science Fiction Role-Playing Games
4 Powered by the Apocalypse Role-Playing Games
2 Magazine Role-Playing Games
2 Magazine Role-Playing Games (90er, 80er)
2 Magazine Role-Playing Games (Mini-RPGs)
2 Magazine Role-Playing Games (Fantasy)
1 Larp
2 Gamebooks
3 Supplements
3 D&D Supplements
2 Settings
4 Adventures
1 Dice Project
1 Accessoires
1 YouTube Project
2 Enamel Pins
4 Magazines
3 Magazines (System Specific)
3 Magazines (OSR)
1 Soundscape
5 Various RPG Projects
2 Games with RPG Relevance

Spanish Crowdfundings

1 Campaign

Italian Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game

Article: https://teylen.blog/2019/02/17/crowdfunding-collection-97/

Just launched my first kickstarter for a sci-fi rpg I've been creating and playing for almost 30 years. Check it out if you are after something a little different. It's a gritty, low fantasy, tactical, team-based table-top RPG set on an alien world where you get to be the monster!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...=project_build

This game was made with little to no RPG experience so has taken some very unique directions. Happy to share early draft chapters for review and feedback too!

Enjoy

Rangdo

I used to be Ovid.
Validated User
So, Zorro: The Roleplaying Game is about to enter its last 48 hours on Kickstarter.

It's drawing on the old West End Games D6 system, so it's thoroughly tested for pulp, but it's adding a couple of twists that I think are very interesting.

So, for example, instead of the old rule whereby the Wild Die rolls infinitely as long as it comes up 6, here it grants you an Advantage or Complication on a 6 or 1, respectively. So you end up with the full range of results from "No, and..." through "No, but", "No", "Yes", "Yes, but" and finally to "Yes, and..." that modern game design favours.

There's also a fun "doubling down" mechanic that'll work well with pulp, IMO.

And if the campaign hits 35K, we get... Zorro vs Dracula!

But for that it'll need more backers, so click here and back!

Top Bottom