CROWD-FUNDING SPOTLIGHT Vol. 3 - Role-Playing Games & Related Projects

Teylen

Validated User
I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection #98, including every tabletop project started between 02/17 and 02/24.

This time you’ll find 46 projects in this list, 14 of whom are tabletop rpgs in English.
I personally am very much amazed by the Powered by the Apocalypse (PbtA) games. The Great American Novel aims to offer the possibilty games to play character-centric games which result in stories along novels like The Great Gatsby, Of Mice and Man, Huckleberry Finn, Moby Dick, Gone With the Wind and others, which is something am looking forward to. Then there is OBACHAN PANIC!, which has a totally different tone. Focussing on rusty old ladies, grandmas and aunties the players will find quite some action to rock. Then one doesn’t want to be a grandma, one can kickass as a werewolve by playing Bite Me! Exploring the dynamics within ones pack. I think all three games are very cool, and backed them with enthusiasm, take a look. I did back the Grey Cells RPG as well. Mostly because of the interesting focus of the system on investigation. Plus, I found out the creator is quite very nice, sending an Discord invite and all shortly after I backed.
I am tempted to back the CHTHONIC CORNBELT magazine, which combines Americana and Cthulhu. It has a small system of it’s own, though it mostly fits with B/X. Then there is Rosenstrasse, a serious minded immersive experience that aims to explore the relationship between Jewish men and non-Jewish women from 1933 till the seminal protest in 1943.
Next to those, if you are either a fan of the game Everyone is John the RPG or Soth: a game of cultists vs investigators you can support their latest editions. In Everyone is John everyone plays a mental facette of John, a bit like in Being John Malkovich. Soth does appear to offer a rather humerous approach to summoning the Great Old Ones. Then there is Leviathan Rising, a game focussing on „Enlightenment Punk“, that takes the punk-nomer serious. Alternatively you can enjoy Prom Night as a witch in Be Witching or experience hairy horror stories with Glamrock hairdoes in Hair Metal Horror. If you like a GM-less, cooperative game check out Pilgrims of Rao and if you are into SciFi InterStellar Mercenary is worth having a look.
There are many, plenty more projects that are cool, interesting and worth checking out. Just take a look for yourself:

English Crowdfundings

5 Role-Playing Games
3 PbtA Role-Playing Games
2 Sci-Fi Role-Playing Games
4 Magazine Role-Playing Games
3 Settings
5 Adventures
2 Accessoires
3 Enamel Pins
3 Magazines
2 Magazines (OSR)
5 Magazines (System Specific)
1 RPG App
3 Various RPG Projects

Spanish Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game

French Crowdfundings

3 Role-Playing Games

Swedish Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game

Article: https://teylen.blog/2019/02/24/crowdfunding-collection-98/

Steve Hickey

Steve Hickey
Validated User
As Teylen mentioned above, I've just launched my first Kickstarter. It's for Soth, a game where you play evil cultists in a small town secretly trying to summon a dark god. Problem is, your friends, family and co-workers are all incredibly nosy ... which'll make it difficult to get away with your murderous rituals.

Soth: a game of cultists vs. investigators

This kickstarter is for a print-on-demand version of the game with a full-colour cover. It fully funded on day 1 and the stretch goals are all designed to increase the quality of the finished product.

First published in 2015, Soth has been featured on a lot of podcasts (most famously, She's a Super Geek) because it's really fun to play. The game usually turns out a bit like a cross between a thriller and a (very) black comedy.

If this sounds like something you're interested in or if you'd like to support me, I'd really appreciate it if you checked out the Kickstarter page and shared this with your friends.

Rangdo

I used to be Ovid.
Validated User
As Teylen mentioned above, I've just launched my first Kickstarter. It's for Soth, a game where you play evil cultists in a small town secretly trying to summon a dark god. Problem is, your friends, family and co-workers are all incredibly nosy ... which'll make it difficult to get away with your murderous rituals.

This kickstarter is for a print-on-demand version of the game with a full-colour cover. It fully funded on day 1 and the stretch goals are all designed to increase the quality of the finished product.

First published in 2015, Soth has been featured on a lot of podcasts (most famously, She's a Super Geek) because it's really fun to play. The game usually turns out a bit like a cross between a thriller and a (very) black comedy.

If this sounds like something you're interested in or if you'd like to support me, I'd really appreciate it if you checked out the Kickstarter page and shared this with your friends.
I've backed this, hoping to hack it for WFRP. :)

Binkley

Yorked by Bond
Validated User

That sounds awesome! I will back this, but I live in NZ too - and wonder if there might be a better option to get a hard copy than US-based POD. Any chance you might consider ordering a wee pile and selling hard copies to keen locals? Or if you know others keen to chip in on a single shipment to these far shores?

Coming in right at the end of #ZineQuest, I've just launched
Dangerous Times, a roleplaying game about newspaper reporters in a prohibition-era New York that's just learned the truth about magic. It's already fully funded, but I'll be posting some reasonable stretch goals soon.

It’s a world where stage magic is revealed as real, and now it’s everywhere. Fire-eating and levitation are practiced by children in the street, mourners seek out mediums to find closure, law-breakers use hypnotism and escape-artistry to great and disastrous effect... And those who seek power consort with things best left alone.

It's set in prohibition-era New York City, with details resulting from in-depth research and original historic sources... and it's all beautifully illustrated with public domain artwork carefully curated from newspapers and other publications of the era.

Unlike mystery games which focus on detectives solving a single case, reporters will bump into bits and pieces of multiple stories during a single session. How they connect these pieces, which ones they choose to print, and which they choose to leave out is a key part of the game.

The game provides a streamlined ruleset meant to stay out of the way, but provide guidance when beginning and ending sessions and structure to multi-session play.

Visit the Kickstarter page to learn more. Hope it's to your liking!

Hello everyone! :giggle:

RUST : THE AFTERWORLD, our new game project, is now live on Kickstarter. The campaign has started brilliantly (more than 17% achieved in less than 3 days, over 200 likes on our facebook page, over 15k contacts to our launching post), and we are marching at good speed toward our funding goal.

Hope you will like it, we have put all our efforts into it for making a truly innovative game system which is a synthesis of roleplaying, board and card games... something unlike anything you have seen before. And we have amazing illustrators too, including John Avon, Tomasz Jedruszek and Paolo Parente, that are working to visualize the post-modern universe in which the game is set.

Hurry up for taking advantage of the Early Bird discounted pledges. And let us know what you think about it!

LINK TO OUR KICKSTARTER PAGE

PS: ... one last thing: we are running a Giveaway that will end on Sunday. If you pledge by that date you can have the chance to win a limited edition Kickstarter-Only poster illustrated by Paolo Parente. Cheers... :D

Top Bottom