• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

CROWD-FUNDING SPOTLIGHT Vol. 3 - Role-Playing Games & Related Projects

Teylen

Validated User
I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection #111, including every tabletop rpg project started between 06/23 and 07/07.

My attendance to CCXP Cologne 2019 delayed the collection a week, thus you’ll find a total of 11 new role-playing games among other games.

There are story games like the gm-less moonflower, which utilizes tarot cards. The game is about a travel to the moon to plant and care about the flower. I got a somewhat melancholic feel from it and feel remembered of the anime Night on the Galactic Railroad. The second story game is HORROR STORIES, it’s card based and maybe rather on the fringe what can be counted as a rpg. I think it’s close enough to be included even if the cards are just used as story inspiration cards. If you are more into a good post apocalyptic setting you should check out Pirates of a Shattered World, that’s if you like to spice up swashbuckling with quite some strange stuff. If you are more down for a traditional post-apo experience you might be more interested in Scorched Earth, which allows you to build the post apocalyptic world of your wishes. Now, if you are more interested into modern games and spies you should check out The Spy Game and Super Secret Spy Agency both are inspired by D&D 5E. While Spy Games puts it into its name, the Spy Agency appears to highlight that it’s suitable for two player (GM + player) games. Now you might be into some medieval low fantasy setting, where you’ll find Chivalry & Sorcery for the European spice and Jordenheim to have some viking flavor. I personally do like and backed the Asphodel Complex. Which is a modern day horror game, with really cool maps and apparently an easy system. For your dose of superheroes you might like to check Hit the Streets, which explore street level heroes like Jessica Jones and the other Defenders. Last but not least L.O.R.E. is a game that tries a more universal to generic approach, offering a tool box for various settings.
There are as well many cool settings. Like Trinity Continuum: Aberrant by Onyx Path, which offers a fresh edition of the Aberrant of elderdays. My interest in Pulp Fantastic for Savage Worlds got spiked by the setting and Fateforge as well as Fight or Flight for D&D 5E are just beautiful to look at.
Of course there are many more interesting projects, just take a look:

English Crowdfundings

3 Role-Playing Games
2 Low Fantasy Role-Playing Gams
2 Post-Apocalyptic Role-Playing Gamea
2 Spy Role-Playing Games
2 Story Games Role-Playing Games
1 Gamebook
3 Settings
4 D&D 5E Settings
2 Sourcebooks
2 D&D 5E Sourcebooks
2 Adventures
5 D&D 5E Adventures
6 Dice Projects
1 Coin Projects
4 Accessoires
5 Enamel Pins
1 Notebook
1 Podcast
1 Deck of Cards
1 RPG Comic
3 Maps Projects
6 Various RPG Projects
1 Skirmish Game

Spanish Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game
1 Sourcebook

French Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game

Article: https://teylen.blog/2019/07/08/crowdfunding-collection-111/

BPIJonathan

I'll be superamalgamated!
Validated User
Welcome to the 1930s, but not the same as you know it. It is a world where on the surface things look the same, but underneath pulp heroes and villains belong to secret societies and are fighting a secret war for the very future.

The ENNie Award winning publisher, Battlefield Press International, publisher of such fine settings as The Dinosaur Protocol, Gaslight Victorian Fantasy and Robotech Macross now presents to you the latest in hard core noir role playing. Presenting for your approval, Pulp Fantastic, for use with the Savage Worlds Adventurer Edition. This book will be available as a softcover book, at the same size as the Savage Worlds core book.

Welcome to the age of the Pulps, where two-fisted action heroes and secret societies battle for control of the destiny of mankind! This book originally was designed as a Vortex system game. That version of the game is currently out of print. This book makes use of the new Savage Worlds Adventure Edition rules and using totally updated and edited material from that original. Sample pages are from the Votex version and are shown as an example of what the new book would look like, the new layout may not look like this however.

In the years after the Great War dawns a new age of heroic adventure!

From the gleaming spires of the big city, to the steaming jungles of Skull Island, brave men and women fight the forces of evil, carving their legends into the history of the 20th Century. It is an age of exploration and daring. An age of discovery, peril and mad science. It is the age of Pulp Fantastic!

Pulp Fantastic is a fast-paced game of action and adventure, where stalwart heroes face down dastardly villains, weird menaces and bizarre monstrosities in the name of all that is right and true!

Powered by the Savage Worlds Adventurer Edition, Pulp Fantastic contains everything you need to create your own high-octane pulp adventures featuring masked avengers, mad scientists, gritty gumshoes or any other kind of pulp hero you can imagine. Included are a gazetteer and timeline of the Pulp Era, rules for creating vile villains and strange inventions, and a bestiary of monstrous creatures!

Welcome to the world of Pulp Fantastic for Savage Worlds. Join Chris Halliday, Christopher Helton, Jon Nichols, and Jonathan M. Thompson in a fantastic romp through the pulp era. Adventure calls! Will you answer?”

We are 47% funded, with 29 days to go and the Thule Society has cast a spell hoping that this goes awry. Lets punch some Nazis and make this project come into being.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/battlefieldpress/pulp-fantastic-a-setting-book-for-savage-worlds

Teylen

Validated User
I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection #112, including every tabletop rpg project started between 07/07 and 07/14.

This time around on regular schedule, yet as I’ll be attending a Convention next weekend, the next collection will likely be published in two weeks. Though, onto the projects on hand.

The Flashback RPG offers a Fantasy and Steampunk setting, along with a system that aims to provide a notable flashback mechanic for cinematic flair. I personally am most impressed by the idea that characters can climb a titan like foe and inflict damage to its various limbs. Then there’s Demigods which offers a modern day setting, in which your characters are the titular demi-gods. It’s a Powered by the Apocalypse game, and I am fascinated by the idea that you can choose the Pantheons you’ll want to have involved rather freely. If you enjoy Anime and Manga you might like to take a look at BESM Fourth Edition. The American game „Big Eyes, Small Mouths“ aims to emulate all kinds of genre with fast and cinematic rules. In addition you’ll find that next to the „normal“ edition, they do offer a „light“ edition, with only like 1/3 of the pages. Last but not least Ekphrasis is a narrative story game for two players. In which you’ll create surreal stories based on prose. I think it’s an interesting concept, the zine format is quite nice and you can get the PDF for a buck. Thus, take a look.
Then there is the D&D setting Kaldori Project, which I finde interesting, and the very fascinating looking Magumundi Bestiary. In regards of dice I think the Vulcan Forged Carbon ones do look cool, and am intruiged by the Random Character Generator Dice. Of course there are many more interesting projects, just take a look:

English Crowdfundings

4 Role-Playing Games
1 Setting
4 Sourcebooks
4 Adventures
3 Dice Projects
1 Accessoire
2 Enamel Pins
3 Various RPG Projects

Article: https://teylen.blog/2019/07/14/crowdfunding-collection-112/

JimSales

Validated User

From the KS page:
You are Cute. You are Cunning. You are Fierce. You are Magical Kitties, and it’s time to Save the Day!

Magical Kitties Save the Day is a roleplaying game designed for all-ages. Older players — whether they’re parents, babysitters, teachers, or older siblings — can be the Game Master for kids as young as six-years-old and everyone else who loves kitties. If you’ve been looking for a way to introduce your friends and family to roleplaying games, Magical Kitties is the perfect game to do it!

I personally know the author Matt Hansen. He designs fun games and is an excellent GM. I always choose his games at conventions when space is available. I'm happy to see Atlas backing this one and hope they are successful.

One of the really interesting things about this particular game is it is super young child through old adult friendly. Good luck Matt and Atlas.

Top Bottom